65.52%
No, I'd just throw it away l8r
0%
If it doesn't look to bad I'll keep it
31.03%
If ity looks bad it'll go in the trash
3.45%
Total: 100% 29 vote(s)
Since I wont be getting any beyblades or other stuff to give away as prizes, at the Battle at the Fort tournament I had another idea. Okey, so I went to the dollar store to see what food there was and I got an idea that may be just corny enough to be a lame. But I was thinking of getting a winner's Cup. The Cups were fancy looking glass cups, and I'm still trying to think of how to distinquish Gold, SIlver, and Bronze. But I was going to put 'em on bases too. The idea was to make 'em look like this but the stems of the cups bouldnt be colored like that. It'll probably only cost a total of 6 bucks, but does anyone thik that'd be a cool idea?
(May. 16, 2009  2:37 PM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: Since I wont be getting any beyblades or other stuff to give away as prizes, at the Battle at the Fort tournament I had another idea. Okey, so I went to the dollar store to see what food there was and I got an idea that may be just corny enough to be a lame. But I was thinking of getting a winner's Cup. The Cups were fancy looking glass cups, and I'm still trying to think of how to distinquish Gold, SIlver, and Bronze. But I was going to put 'em on bases too. The idea was to make 'em look like this but the stems of the cups bouldnt be colored like that. It'll probably only cost a total of 6 bucks, but does anyone thik that'd be a cool idea?

I think it would be a great incentive if you win the event your hosting. Will be different from the regular, "you win, have some beyblades" =D. I'm not going to the event but I had to vote as I would keep it if I was going =D.
Those look sweet, a spinoff of it would look cool to Grin. If I were to get one, I would keep it Smile.
Both of those answers make me smile Smile

Well I'll tell you that the knockoff of those ones will be a little smaller. The bases will still be marble though... because I have old soccer trophies in my closet somewhere Tongue_out_wink
I think its a good idea and its grea to see you trying your best so yeah good job Smile.
Thank you. I want to make this tournament legit to show people that you dont need to put much money into hosting a tournament, if you spend wisely.

And this may go against Beyblade's selling campaign, but I also want to show that it doesn't take a huge collection, or getting super expensive beyblades to win a tournament.

Maybe the theme could be limited funding 8)
Hey man, whatever fits your budget is what you should do. Prizes should not be the only sole reason why people show up to a tournament. I think it's a neat idea.

Plus, like Brad said, if enough people show up faces would be given to the winners.

Who doesn't want a gold face under their name?
I agree with khel on that prizes shouldnt be the only reason people show, but in saying that i also think having something physical as a keepsake would be nice, but yes only what you can afford.
I prize faces jsut as much as anyone, I think. I made sure all my friends knew when I got the Amber face, and I thanked them all too. But I'd definately want that think to go up on my dresser between my pinewood derby, little league baseball, and soccer trophies. Actually now that I think of it I haven't gotten a trophy for anything in a long time. ANd none of my old trophies are glas cups.

But yes, Faces and some cool kepsake will make the event extra special. We also now have a logo thanks to Brad, and we will take plenty of pictures at the tournament to make an album. Smile Things are going well. I just hope the stadium comes from toywiz soon.
I think I may have everyone sign the bey stadium with sharpies too, and have "Battle at the Fort '09 in the middle. So many ideas!

Any other ideas for prizes? Maybe fill the cups wil candy, spare change, or coupons? ^-^ What would be your ideas for fun rewards?
Sounds like a great idea Smile
But, BTW, we should have a beyblade for the tournament prize, too, thanks to Synesthesia.
This tourney will be a good one! Awesome job Pepe and Pichu Smile.
Dude, you are doing a great job, and the trophies will be great. I'm sure any true blader will value them. Maybe have the logo and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place engraved on the marble. THAT would be win.
I'd rather have a face than a dust gathering trophy to be honest.
considering there will be both I don't see the winner having to make a choice.
Like pichuscute said, we will also have a beyblade as a prize, that'll be nestled right in (or on) the cup.
Well... A trophy and a beyblade is a better prize than a beyblade XD
The modest, yet meaningful Battle at the Fort '09 Champion's Cup [Image: Trophy.jpg]

Hey, the ribbons were cheap, so dont make fun.
[Image: ribbons.jpg]

I know they may not be very cool or fancy, but I think they add meaning to the tournament. Plus there are the beyblades for the winners as well.
Awesome...
So are you going to paint it? Also, how big is it? Just out of curious...
Looks nice Grin
Are you gonna paint it?
No, I dont have the time or resources. It's about 7 or 8 inches tall. It's not a legit trophy from a trophy store or anything. More like a really fancy glass. I was going to put it on a base, but I can't find anything yet. SO If I dont, then oh well.
It's kool. I don't have paint either XD