[Formula Bei] SILVER SHELL: KICKSTARTER - Final Hours!

This truly is amazing. Found out a lot about Battle Strikers and other companies copying Beyblades, but the best stuff was in the interview with Brad. I love this.
Excellent work as usual. If you need any help let me know.
Testing continues and the WarShell rules are evolving as planned. Lots of good stuff and rewrites. Thanks to everyone who offered to help - and to those I haven’t gotten back to yet, I’ll get to you just as soon as I’ve posted this message. So yeah... Soon!

Read the original episode!

Excellent work as always
Thanks U2130, good to know you're reading. Most the stuff I write comes from my research notebooks - I'll admit it's not all directly related to Beyblade and I understand that fewer people will read those posts, so I try to include pictures to help people "skim" through.

Trouble is, pictures require downloading, creating, uploading and mycoding - and that's an annoyingly big issue on account of my horrible internet coming and going whenever it likes. Then somehow the bill isn't paid and the connection is cut completely! The troubles never end. It's an embarrassment to the state of the internet in Australia and this entire country should be ashamed. Boourns!

But when one is getting into the idea of building their own blades, I think it helps to have some idea of the present state of the game and the events that led us here - how everything connected, with real-life inventors feeding off each others' ideas and driving technology forward. Markets change, popularity shifts, outside influences bear down on the game - all changing the way we play over time. Beyblade didn't just appear out of nowhere; it fits into a much bigger picture, encompassing the entire fighting-game genre and its illustrious multicultural history.

When people search online in years to come, I want to make sure I've covered all the points which led me here - such that others can find their way too.
I think that was very good; it gave insight as to how toys came about. Very useful knowledge.
Nice job. Love the posts and keep em comin.
Thanks guys, glad you're reading and enjoying. Struggled with the artwork last time so I've put a little extra effort in this week. Enjoy part two!

As always great work! Excited for your next works as well!
Sumobot programming is still one of my favorite hobbies. Thanks to your article in gonna have to dig it out of the garage. As always fantastic and greatly informative work.
(Aug. 29, 2014  5:30 PM)username2130 Wrote: Sumobot programming is still one of my favorite hobbies. Thanks to your article in gonna have to dig it out of the garage. As always fantastic and greatly informative work.

So you're a warhammer kid, you're a blader and you do a spot of robotics programming on the side? When I was at college, I too dabbled in all these activities and, living in a single tiny room on campus, I found it particularly difficult to cope with the issue of storage. Between stadiums, barrels of launchers, boxes of beys, boxes (and boxes) of plastic miniatures, terrain, associated books, dvds and video games plus all the WarShell construction stuff....

It was a real nightmare. And that was before I started bringing girls home! These days I move around a lot - and that makes it even worse! This probably warrants a whole blog post of it's own... But until then, how do you cope with space for all your hobbies?

Thanks ya'll for reading, by the way.
I cram it all in the garage, by default one of hobbies is organization and proper use of space. I also draw comics so all my stuff is covered in papers. My house looks like a hobby store puked in a library.
Had totally missed that the interview went up. Reading it again, I'm very happy with it. I'm still sad that we were not able to complete our vision of controlled top combat.
Was still pretty cool. Plus the parts themselves still live on - even if players are hard to find. Thanks for finding the time for it - I learnt a lot!

I'm on Christmas Island right now, by the way. Living in the jungle. Be here untill march, so the internet won't be awesome. Wish I'd brought a few blades with me! Rookie mistake.

--- THE MISSING SOURCE ---

Awesome man. I am a huge fan of this thread. I am really glad that you are continuing to add to it and share your thoughts and so forth with us. I especially like the history of beyblade stuff that you wrote about, as well as your homemade battle beys idea. Super cool and interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing it with us. I am definitely excited to see what you come up with and might someday get the movivation to try and build a couple of my own. Seems like a lot of fun
(Mar. 03, 2016  1:45 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: You are lucky sir.

https://web.archive.org/web/201505032138...howto.html

Ahhh, beat me to it Unhappy

Loved the post, Beylon! Was great, and I hope that now that you have the original article, you can expand more Wink
WayBack Machine was my first thought as soon as I read Beylon's post haha. Surprised none of us other than Beylon found this when it was actually live on their site! It would be so cool if they produced more stuff like this; it reminds me of how great the blog they had during MFB was where they posted development updates and Beyblade sketches all the time.

Well, it finally happened. WarShell is the "unnecessarily hardcore" version of Metal Fight Beyblade. Players build their own fighting spinning tops from scratch - using homemade parts or official WarShell components. If you ever imagined designing and building your own intricate Beyblades or real-world miniature fighting machines, WarShell makes this a reality.

Since the 2014 reneissance in homemade Beyblade design, WarShell has developed into a professional, open-source, modular assembly system for building real-world, working, miniature fighting machines called "shells". Shells are entirely mechanical and do not rely on any batteries or electrical components - they are tiny fighting clockwork creatures built with quality components which are sustainably produced and will last forever.

I hope to release a series of blog posts here on Formula Bei over the next few weeks to introduce the new system and examine how WarShell has evolved since 2014; why it has become an actual miniature fighting-machine building system instead of just a set of rules in a book. For now, I leave you with this teaser:

This is something I've wanted for a long time, a completely new metagame based on Beyblade/Beigoma, but with higher quality parts engineered similarly to professional equipment that you would see in any serious sport, something more than what TT has to offer in quality and weight, but with more aggressive and exotic designs than traditional Beigoma. I hope you can expand upon this, Beylon, because even if I never do anything like this myself one day, I would certainly support your efforts. I would be very interested to see how classic attack rings would perform when redesigned out of metal and paired with perfectly balanced support parts.