Forge Disk - Polish

Polish is a Forge Disk and part of the Burst System. It was first released with B-65: The Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Version, on The Beyblade Psychic Phantom Polish Weight. 

Description:

Polish is a completely circular Forge Disk, it consists of a Metal "Core", in the likes of Magnum & Jerk, and a smooth plastic ring along the edge. The plastic ring of Polish features 4 Protrusions in a cross pattern, however none of these protrude past the perimeter of the Forge Disk. Unlike normal Forge Disk's, the "P" designating the Forge Disk as "Polish" is not located on the prongs, but rather on the plastic ring. Polish is not unlike Spread, as they both feature a wide, round design that lends itself to OWD and LAD, the latter of which Polish excels at. The Forge Disk also has some Defense Capabilities, as the wide, smooth, perimeter of the Forge Disk prevents the Opposing Beyblade from striking the underside of the Layer. 

Products:

Takara Tomy:
- B-65 Beyblade Super Custom Set (Speed Ver.)

Hasbro:
None so Far

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Draft Needs I am aware of (but not able to add at the moment):

Use in Stamina Customization's Section

(Possible) Use in Defense Customization's Section

Weight, Diameter, & Height
Probably needs some criticism for why Polish isn't used competively
Too light and thus easy to knock out by attack combos, and maybe its shape since it drops down rather than Yell's upward slant it causes scraps?
(May. 01, 2017  12:28 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Too light and thus easy to knock out by attack combos, and maybe its shape since it drops down rather than Yell's upward slant it causes scraps?

Idk about it being too light, it's the heaviest of all the Magnum-core discs and I've done a few rounds with Roktavor Polish TA06 and it did fairly well. I think the main drawback to Polish is in it's width reducing stamina.
(May. 01, 2017  1:32 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Idk about it being too light, it's the heaviest of all the Magnum-core discs and I've done a few rounds with Roktavor Polish TA06 and it did fairly well. I think the main drawback to Polish is in it's width reducing stamina.

How much does it weight exactly? It might warrant more tests if it's heavier than Spread or Yell.
(May. 01, 2017  1:35 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: How much does it weight exactly? It might warrant more tests if it's heavier than Spread or Yell.

It weighs around 20.5g if I remember correctly, probably because of that plastic bulk. Tongue_out
I think the width could be good for recoil control, so it's probably better suited to Attack types than its intended Stamina purpose. (It also helps that it fit incredibly tightly on R_V Tongue_out)
(May. 01, 2017  1:39 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: It weighs around 20.5g if I remember correctly, probably because of that plastic bulk. Tongue_out
I think the width could be good for recoil control, so it's probably better suited to Attack types than its intended Stamina purpose. (It also helps that it fit incredibly tightly on R_V Tongue_out)

Probably want to test it on Takara Tomy stuff as well.

I think it's probably because of it's weight distribution that it's not that well liked, it would be a lot like Yell in Weight Distribution because it's metal in the center and plastic outside rather than having a Weight Distribution like Spread's
dont forget about F2PAt in RBV6
i think it should be mentioned that polish is used in spin equalizing combos such as dF P At.also polish weighs 20.5
(May. 01, 2017  12:19 AM)LeadOxide Wrote: Polish is a Forge Disk and part of the Burst System. It was first released with B-65: The Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Version, on The Beyblade Psychic Phantom Polish Weight. 

Weight:20.5g
==Description==
Polish is a circular Forge Disk, consisting of a Metal "Core", akin to Magnum & Jerk, and a wide,smooth ring made of POM (which is a special type of plastic which has less friction than normal plastic)along the edge. The plastic ring of Polish features 4 Protrusions in a cross pattern, however none of these protrude past the perimeter of the Forge Disk. Unlike normal Forge Disk's, the "P" designating the Forge Disk as "Polish" is not located on the prongs, but rather on the plastic ring. Due to the fact that most of the weight of Polish is focused towards the centre means that it posses less stamina than other Top-Tier Forge-Discs like Spread and 4/7 Glaive, this combined with its low weight makes it bad for Stamina/Defense Customizations. However, Polish's true worth lies in Spin Equalizing Customizations. The wide POM ring provide Polish one of highest LAD properties in the meta game, surpassing those of any God-layer system Forge-Disc and Frame.Due to its high LAD properties Polish is one of the best Forge-Discs available for Spin-Equalizing Customizations.
==Use in Spin-Equalizing Customization==
Polish can be put to use in Spin-Equalizing Customization (MGC Optional)Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic/Hold/Ωcta
The rubber coated Drain Fafnir Layer has excellent spin equalization properties, which combined with the ability of Atomic/Hold/Ωcta to stay upright at low spin velocities and the high LAD of Polish, allows this Customization to out spin almost all of the Popular Right-Spin Stamina/Defense Customizations. However, it is easy to defeat with Attack-types and other Top-Tier same spin Customizations.
==Overall==
Overall,Polish is one of, if not the best Forge-Discs available for Spin-Equalizing Customizations due to its high LAD properties. However, Due to its relatively weak Performance against Attack-Types and same-spin match-ups. It is a welcome addition to a blader's collection rather than a must-have. 
==Use in Hasbro-only Format==
Due to the fact that left-spin is not introduced in Hasbro-only format, Polish is severly outclassed for all types of Customizations.It has no competitive usage and is suitable for only collection purposes.
==Product List==
==Takara-Tomy==
  • B-65 Psychic Phantom Polish Weight (Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver.) (orange painted, translucent black plastic)
  • B-80 03 Fang Fenrir Polish Atomic (Random Booster Vol. 6) (translucent yellow plastic)
made some edits.
(Nov. 04, 2017  12:36 AM)bidinga Wrote: phantazus p2 polish edge for hasbro

its not present on oficial hasbro site yet.when it will i will add it
(Nov. 03, 2017  8:50 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Polish is a Forge Disk and part of the Burst System. It was first released with B-65: The Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Version, on The Beyblade Psychic Phantom Polish Weight. 

Weight:20.5g
==Description==
Polish, like Magnum and Jerk, is a Forge Disc made up of metal core and plastic perimeter with the letter, in this case "P", embossed onto the plastic on either side with the plastic making up the gimmick of the Disc.

For Polish's gimmick, the plastic creates a "skirt" with a perfectly smooth and circular perimeter meant to, in theory, create high Life-After-Death so that a Stamina combination can out spin its opponent. In practice, the gimmick works as intended, however, a single factor restricts Polish's performance in Stamina combinations; the plastic construction.

Due to having a metal core and plastic perimeter, Polish has a Centralized-Weight-Distribution rather than an Outward-Weight-Distribution which creates poor spin retention and spin times making Polish combinations liable to being out spun. Furthermore, the same construction makes Polish very lightweight and makes combinations highly vulnerable to Knock-Outs.

However, the same lightweight allows Polish to be used to great effect in Spin-Equalization combinations as the low weight creates low inertia and makes it easier for a Polish combination to equalize spin and the high Life-After-Death allows Spin-Equalization combinations to out spin their opponents by a few more rotations.

==Use in Spin-Equalizing Customization==
Polish can be put to use in Spin-Equalizing Customization Drain Fafnir/Spriggan Requiem Polish Atomic/Hold/Destroy. The low weight of Polish works with the free-spinning and/or low friction nature of Atomic/Hold/Destroy and the rubber of Drain Fafnir/Spriggan Requiem to allow for high Spin-Equalization potential. The Life-After-Death of Polish is enhanced by the Life-After-Death of the free-spinning components of Atomic/Hold/Destroy allowing the combination to out spin its opponent. However, even against opposite spin opponents, Polish makes these combinations liable to Knock-Outs against Attack Types.

==Overall==
Overall, Polish is one of the better Discs for Spin-Equalization combinations due to its light weight and high Life-After-Death. However, its light weight makes combinations liable to Knock-Outs and Core Disc and Frame combinations such as 7Cross are able to perform comparably without the Knock-Out risk.

As such, Polish is not a must have but instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara-Tomy==
  • B-65 Psychic Phantom Polish Weight (Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver.) (orange painted, translucent black plastic)
  • B-80 03 Fang Fenrir Polish Atomic (Random Booster Vol. 6) (translucent yellow plastic)
If you guys have seen BeybladeGeeks' video, Drain Fafnir can spin without the need of launching, just contact with right spin beys, and the combo they used was Drain Fafnir/P/At.
(Nov. 13, 2018  12:56 PM)Tkc Wrote: If you guys have seen BeybladeGeeks' video, Drain Fafnir can spin without the need of launching, just contact with right spin beys, and the combo they used was Drain Fafnir/P/At.

You do know that people have known about that combo for more than a year now, right? Even then the combo itself is heavily outclassed by now.
(May. 01, 2017  12:19 AM)LeadOxide Wrote: Polish is a Forge Disk and part of the Burst System. It was first released with B-65: The Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Version, on The Beyblade Psychic Phantom Polish Weight. 

Description:

Polish is a completely circular Forge Disk, it consists of a Metal "Core", in the likes of Magnum & Jerk, and a smooth plastic ring along the edge. The plastic ring of Polish features 4 Protrusions in a cross pattern, however none of these protrude past the perimeter of the Forge Disk. Unlike normal Forge Disk's, the "P" designating the Forge Disk as "Polish" is not located on the prongs, but rather on the plastic ring. Polish is not unlike Spread, as they both feature a wide, round design that lends itself to OWD and LAD, the latter of which Polish excels at. The Forge Disk also has some Defense Capabilities, as the wide, smooth, perimeter of the Forge Disk prevents the Opposing Beyblade from striking the underside of the Layer. 

Products:

Takara Tomy:
- B-65 Beyblade Super Custom Set (Speed Ver.)

Hasbro:
None so Far

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Draft Needs I am aware of (but not able to add at the moment):

Use in Stamina Customization's Section

(Possible) Use in Defense Customization's Section

Weight, Diameter, & Height

Hasbro's Psychic "Phantazus" has Polish. I know, because Five Below had a few of them, and once I went back after finding out it was good (for Burst Classic), they were all friggin' gone and replaced with a bunch of Hyrus and Diomedes
(May. 01, 2017  12:26 AM)Mage Wrote: Probably needs some criticism for why Polish isn't used competively

A good combo I heard of in god was drain Fafnir, polish, and bearing
The last post on this thread was two years ago... c'mon now.