Force Smash article

Okay, this is something I wrote up in about 15-25 minutes. I expect it to be edited mercilessly, but I feel we need to have a Force Smash article.

Here's what I have so far:

Quote:Force Smash is a style of Beyblade attack that uses slopes on the underside of an Attack Ring or Wheel to try to force the opposing Beyblade against the stadium floor and disrupt it’s spin.

Force Smash, in theory, works very well to counter Upper Attack, as Force Smash’s style of attack is the direct counterpart of the Upper Attack style. However, in order to work properly, Force Smash must focus on having heavy weight and being tall in height. In other words, Force Smash needs to be much heavier than the opposing Beyblade, and the Force Smash slopes must be higher than the opposing Beyblades’ Attack Ring/Wheel in order for it to be effective. In addition, both Beyblades must spin in the same direction for Force Smash to work.

Parts needed for Force Smash must in turn be tall and heavy. Because of the lack of heavy enough parts, Force Smash has fallen into disuse.

However, I have some questions before I go on.

I've never really been sure, but I'm guessing that, like Upper Attack, Force Smash needs to have a more centralized weight for it to work, and that it (Force Smash) indeed disrupts spin when actually used. Is this correct?

EDIT: This probably could've gone in the "Types of Attacks" thread, but whatever.
should you mention plastic and hms combos like

ar:metal ape
rc:rubber weght core
for a good force samsh/haliting combo and used to beat bearing varients

does any one know any goo plastic force smash combos

for metal fight it already been said the queltzacolta can be used for force samsh
Pretty good article Grin
(Dec. 24, 2008  5:35 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: should you mention plastic and hms combos like

ar:metal ape
rc:rubber weght core
for a good force samsh/haliting combo and used to beat bearing varients

does any one know any goo plastic force smash combos

for metal fight it already been said the queltzacolta can be used for force samsh

I tried making a few, but the best Plastic right-spin Force Smash AR I have is probably Wing Survivor (Dranzer G), which I used with a 10-Heavy, a Viper Metal Ball Base (Draciel V--I know lol), and a Right-Spin Magnacore SG.
And it really didn't work out too well.

In left-spin, though, I replaced the SG casings to make it left (duh), and switched Wing Survivor with Triple Tiger, which worked somewhat well. With a bit of a lower base, and a HMC, it would probably work better.

(Dec. 24, 2008  9:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Pretty good article Grin

Thanks Grin

What else could we add to it, you think? (besides the combos.)

Pictures would be nice. The ones you took of Quetzalcoatl (with the arrows)--shouldn't they work?
IIRC Force Smash doesn't work well against upper attack because its easier for an upper attack to lift then it is for a force smasher to force down. I don't think this applies to Rubber Weight Core though because the force smash doesn't work the same way.
(Dec. 26, 2008  4:16 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: IIRC Force Smash doesn't work well against upper attack because its easier for an upper attack to lift then it is for a force smasher to force down. I don't think this applies to Rubber Weight Core though because the force smash doesn't work the same way.

I always thought they would cancel each other out, but I see your point.
I really didn't buy the fact that Force Smash and Upper smash cancel each other out, it's more of hey look lets fight uhoh i'm being lifted guess i'm losing/hey i'm not being lifted i'm forcing you downwards this means I'm winning yay. I guess that would describe why Rubber Weight Core works?

Of course I sucked with force smash since all I had was Gigars (Driger G ar where the hell are you) but still you get the idea I think?
(Dec. 31, 2008  9:30 AM)FFX Wrote: I really didn't buy the fact that Force Smash and Upper smash cancel each other out, it's more of hey look lets fight uhoh i'm being lifted guess i'm losing/hey i'm not being lifted i'm forcing you downwards this means I'm winning yay. I guess that would describe why Rubber Weight Core works?

:pwn:

You're right though, one tends to overpower the other.
So, are there any combos for plastics that can be posted? I'm can't tell if the HMS one that hamix will work, since I don't have Metal Ape. For MFB...

Would Quetzalcoatl145SF be a good combination? Would D145 work better? Is there a better Bottom to use? Besides pictures, combos are really the only thing we're missing.
I don't know, we aren't really sure if that works out too well at the moment. I wouldn't be shocked if we find that we might need to use 125sf, 125s, or d125s for it to work. I have worries that it may be too high at 145 for it to work too well.

As for HMS there was one with
Advance Attacker
エターナルサバイバー (I have no clue what this was in english, nor do I know where it came from) (the CWD with samurai changer could work here as well)
and I think it was Metal flat core, someone correct me on this.

Plastics, I know that Gigars has force smash potential.

Hope that helps. =/
エターナルサバイバー =

[Image: eternalsurviver.jpg]
Eternal Survivor
(Jan. 11, 2009  12:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Eternal Survivor

That's actually what the picture is called but I didn't want to put it up incase it was wrong. XD
Okay, I finally put up the article on Force Smash, and added Brad's pic of Quetzalcoatl with the arrows (posted here). I'm hoping Brad doesn't mind...?

Also, the image may need to be edited, since it's an odd shape. I'm not too great at dealing with images, since I've never really done them before...so necessary alterations need to be made.

Link to the article:

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Force_Smash
Awesome. Can we put it on the first page? The little link bit?
(Jan. 18, 2009  7:28 PM)Rocky Wrote: Awesome. Can we put it on the first page? The little link bit?

lol that's what I'm trying to do

When I first started doing article things for Beywiki, Brad gave me a link to edit the front page, but now his link just brings me back to WBO's homepage

EDIT: Never mind, I found the link. The link to the Force Smash article is now on the front page.
I wasn't sure where to put this, but
If you put two metal balls in one side of SG Metal Ball base, it will go off balance easily allowing force smash, is this right?
I dunno why anyone would do that but I imagine so. Confused
Yeah, I want to try out Force Smash badly so, also if you have upper attack slopes and make it higher is it then force smash?
You mean if you took the slope of the Upper Attack AR, made it higher and then spun it in the opposite direction so that the slopes push the other blade down (just to clarify)? Yeah that'd work but not all Upper Attack AR's have slopes on the bottom as well......so beware. D=
I think. XD
(Feb. 17, 2009  3:57 PM)Giga Wrote: I wasn't sure where to put this, but
If you put two metal balls in one side of SG Metal Ball base, it will go off balance easily allowing force smash, is this right?

No. If you this, you'd probably have a wobbler but not a force smasher. More likely, it would just set the blade's equilibrium off and kill a lot of its spin. Force Smashers NEED good balance because the other blade is going to get under it on purpose. If the Force Smasher doesn't, then it'll just scrape against the stadium floor.

Quote:Yeah, I want to try out Force Smash badly so, also if you have upper attack slopes and make it higher is it then force smash?

As Ms.Rocky stated Eee, force smash only works with the slopes on the under side of the attack ring. Some upper attacks slopes, such as most of the plastics, don't have slope undeneath.
Thanks for clearing that up, slammin
Oh, when you were talking about the Draciel I thought you meant that would be the opponent of the Force Smasher. XD

And yay, I'm Ms. Rocky. XD