Manager: Guus Hiddink

What about yours
[Image: my11.png]
---------------valdes
alves - pique - puyol/chygrinskiy - abidal/maxwell
--------------toure/busquets
------xavi-----------------------iniesta
messi-------------zlatan-----------henry/bojan/pedro

yes that's right, all 11 from barca (their team right now is the best club team the world has ever seen). 6/6 titles in 2009 CoolCoolCoolCool
I must admit Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta and Ibrahimovic are definitely in the top 10 but come on, we all know Abidal is a terrible left back! And Bojan Kricic is an overrated youngster.

Glory To Manchester Utd's 11 (A true force to be reckoned with)
---------------Van Der Sar
Evra-Ferdinand-Vidic/Evans-Neville/Rafael/Brown
---Giggs/Nani-Carrick/Park-Fletcher-Valencia
------------Rooney------------Berbatov
should i tell you what man u is my dream team
casillas doesnt even deserve to be on the bench. he is overrated.
(Jan. 03, 2010  1:22 AM)Hagane Ginga Wrote: I must admit Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta and Ibrahimovic are definitely in the top 10 but come on, we all know Abidal is a terrible left back! And Bojan Kricic is an overrated youngster.

Glory To Manchester Utd's 11 (A true force to be reckoned with)
---------------Van Der Sar
Evra-Ferdinand-Vidic/Evans-Neville/Rafael/Brown
---Giggs/Nani-Carrick/Park-Fletcher-Valencia
------------Rooney------------Berbatov

abidal is the worlds best left back when it comes to the defensive aspect of the game, overall evra is better. since alves is way too offensive, barca need a defensive left back to even out the overly offensive alves. so he fits in perfectly

have you ever seen bojan play at all? i'm guessing you haven't. he completly raped today. three assists. two of them he could have scored himself but he decided to be unselfish and give it to a better positioned messi (who scored a hat trick Cool )

(funny how you comment saying some of my picked players aren't the best in their positions, when the only top 10 players in your team are rooney and evra lol)
Ah, Alves is a terrible right back! Bosingwa, Ramos and Bosingwa are so much better.

as for Bojan, this is only because he's playing with two great midfielders - Xavi and Iniesta. Evra is amazing as for Abidal, he's too inconsistent.

As for the most overrated players in the world it is Bosingwa, Park Ji Sung and Valencia. Bosingwa is an amazing right back, plays in great crosses, can defend. He's your perfect Right Back. Park Ji Sung - dominates the wing, always knows what to do with the ball, consistent peformer. VALENCIA! Valencia, amazing player (my favourite)! Can play on the wing and in the middle, definitely the best player in the world. His shot power and accuracy is absolutely stunning, his play is always perfect, he's never injured. Along with Rooney and Park he is always on form and giving his best effort. He's always dominating that wing, he's been a key player for United and I just wish others could see where I'm coming from. If you watched United's games this season you will see what I mean.

I'm being honest when I say this but Messi is overrated compared to Ronaldo. I.E Ronaldo shoots with his weaker foot, is a free kick taker etc. Messi is a better dribbler, and knows how to play with a team, whereas Ronaldo is a hog which cost us the Champions League last year! Unhappy But overall Ronaldo is much much better.
(Jan. 09, 2010  6:44 PM)Pegasis Wrote: casillas doesnt even deserve to be on the bench. he is overrated.

He's got the experience, he knows how to keep a clean sheet. The amount of times he has saved Real Madrid from a loss..
I think you have overrated and underrated mixed up dude; overrated means people saying something is better than it is, while underrated means something doesn't get the praise it deserves.

Bosingwa is a pretty comprehensive Right Back, but he still hasn't cut all the mistakes out yet. Park Ji-Sung is technically quite capable, and has a great work rate; but I wouldn't say he's world class at all. I'm still not totally convinced by Valencia right now even though I know the quality's there, but he has scored a few peaches haha.

Casillas divides opinion. Some will say he is an awesome keeper who saves Madrid time and time again, but others will say he's extremely error-prone. I'd definitely agree with the latter; I'd never feel fully confident with him in goal, and on the other hand, would definitely be confident of a team being able to score against him if need be.

Edit : I can't seem to merge this with the other Football thread to make a "General Football (Soccer) Thread" ...
(Jan. 12, 2010  8:05 PM)Hagane Ginga Wrote: Ah, Alves is a terrible right back! Bosingwa, Ramos and Bosingwa are so much better.

as for Bojan, this is only because he's playing with two great midfielders - Xavi and Iniesta. Evra is amazing as for Abidal, he's too inconsistent.

As for the most overrated players in the world it is Bosingwa, Park Ji Sung and Valencia. Bosingwa is an amazing right back, plays in great crosses, can defend. He's your perfect Right Back. Park Ji Sung - dominates the wing, always knows what to do with the ball, consistent peformer. VALENCIA! Valencia, amazing player (my favourite)! Can play on the wing and in the middle, definitely the best player in the world. His shot power and accuracy is absolutely stunning, his play is always perfect, he's never injured. Along with Rooney and Park he is always on form and giving his best effort. He's always dominating that wing, he's been a key player for United and I just wish others could see where I'm coming from. If you watched United's games this season you will see what I mean.

I'm being honest when I say this but Messi is overrated compared to Ronaldo. I.E Ronaldo shoots with his weaker foot, is a free kick taker etc. Messi is a better dribbler, and knows how to play with a team, whereas Ronaldo is a hog which cost us the Champions League last year! Unhappy But overall Ronaldo is much much better.

He's got the experience, he knows how to keep a clean sheet. The amount of times he has saved Real Madrid from a loss..
omg there is so much wrong with this post i have no idea where to start..

alves is the worlds best right back (joint with maicon). Bosingwa isn't even close, even Ivanovic at chelsea is better than him. Ramos is way to error prone to even be considered the worlds best right back, i'm guessing you haven't seen him @ madrid for the past year. and Abidal is probably the most consistent defender at barca, it just doesn't show since he's not a "flashy" type of player (like Evra is).

Bojan playing with two of the worlds best midfielders is irrelant, he was the man behind the goals on sundays game, not the one scoring the goals..meaning no one set him up. He set up others. He was called up to Spains squad for Euro 2008 (same squad that won the whole tournament) at age 17 (he turned down because he of fattigue). Also he's the youngest player to ever play for Barca in the league and also youngest goalscorer ever for Barca. He is easily among the top young strikers in the world

as for park ji sung and valencia; LOL. Park barely even gets to play for man utd. he's nowhere near and will never ever be worldclass. valencia is overhyped, i don't see how he's "the best player in the world". He's not even in the top 100. seriously, if I took the time I could easily list up atleast 100 players better than him. I have watched United's games this season (well some of them), Valencia has been carp. The fact that he follows in the footsteps of C. Ronaldo and David Beckham @ utd's right wing is a joke. the fact that you list up these two mediocre players as world class makes me wonder if you've really seen any of united's games this season?

World Class = Top 5 players in their respective positions
top 5 Wingers in football today (park and valencia's position): Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery, Silva, Arshavin

Comparing Park and Valencia to these players is a insult to these players' talent.

and finally, no. Ronaldo is not better than Messi. Messi is the greatest player of all time (has already acomplished this at age 22!!). I don't even have to explain why, just look at his stats for last season:

38 goals, 18 assists
Won with team: spanish league, spanish cup, champions league, spanish supercup, european supercup, club world cup,
Invidual Awards: Too many to list. Just look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Messi#Individual

EDIT: Nevermind LOL. I'm discussing this with a 11 year old haha
The players you have listed are amazing, but I'm talking about general work rate and performance. Valencia is just too good at it.
Valencia and Lassana Diarra are two very underrated players, and for the last couple of seasons Diarra has been the backbone of Real Madrid. Valencia has only been here for a couple of months, but he's a first team player, consistent and is fantastic. Just like Essien and Lampard were for Chelsea, backbone of the midfield and both consistent peformers. Messi is also consistent, although I wouldn't call him the best compared to Xavi and Iniesta or Zlatan. For me it'd have to go like this:

1. Valencia (Best player in the world. Great all round midfielder, powerful on the wing, not the speediest, plays great balls in, perfect shot accuracy, perfect shot power).
2. Ibrahimovic (Best striker in the world. He is complete magic. Say no more).
3. Puyol (Best centre back in the world. Knows how to defend, can lead a team, has a great attitude, knows what he's doing).
4. Fabregas (Amazing midfielder, scores goals (arsenals top scorer I think), makes the greatest passes, best player on arsenal).
5. Iniesta (Superb passes, makes excellent 1 2's, great teamwork).
6. Ronaldo (Free kick taker, shoots with his weaker foot, his feet move like lightning, dribbles quick and is a complete trickster, ball hog, terrible team work).
7. Messi (Scores goals, dribbles are accurate plays well with his team and has superb attitude, although he has only mastered a dribble and tap in).
8. Torres (Great goal scorer although I wouldn't say he's on top form at the moment. Leaves strikers gazing and the goal keeper can do nothing but watch the man dribble the ball and end leave the team in pieces).
9. Evra (Best left back in the world, helps the back four, plays in excellent balls, quick player).
10. Xavi (Best assister in the world).

as for whatever you want to say about my list go and say it.
but just to point out, I know how to play football. I have eyes.

oh and another thing, of course Ronaldo is better than Messi...
Can Messi score more than half of his goals with his weaker foot. Has he scored a free kick before? (not sure on this one but not as many as ronaldo).
(Jan. 12, 2010  8:19 PM)♥ Wrote: I think you have overrated and underrated mixed up dude; overrated means people saying something is better than it is, while underrated means something doesn't get the praise it deserves.

Bosingwa is a pretty comprehensive Right Back, but he still hasn't cut all the mistakes out yet. Park Ji-Sung is technically quite capable, and has a great work rate; but I wouldn't say he's world class at all. I'm still not totally convinced by Valencia right now even though I know the quality's there, but he has scored a few peaches haha.

Casillas divides opinion. Some will say he is an awesome keeper who saves Madrid time and time again, but others will say he's extremely error-prone. I'd definitely agree with the latter; I'd never feel fully confident with him in goal, and on the other hand, would definitely be confident of a team being able to score against him if need be.

Edit : I can't seem to merge this with the other Football thread to make a "General Football (Soccer) Thread" ...
as you like..

and also lol I said overrated instead of underrated, anyway I think most people could figure park was underrated.

I wasn't exactly comparing them, just work rate in general.
Liverpool FC itself :3

Please, no "oh liverpool sucks i love man u" i've heard that for like 8 years and sick of it.
(Jan. 13, 2010  7:52 PM)Hagane Ginga Wrote: post

how can lassana diarra have been the backbone of real madrid for the last couple of seasons when he's yet to even have completed one season @ madrid?

your list is ridiciolous. messi is the marradona of our age. best player at the moment, period. if it wasn't for him, barca wouldn't have won any of the 6 trophies they won last year. he single handedly won everything for barca. even i can admit this as a barca fan..and valencia, LOL man (or should i say boy? haha) if he really was that good, man united wouldn't have been playing so incostentily as they have this season without ronaldo (you know, since valencia is supposed to be ronaldo's replacement)

and to answer your questions about messi, YES he can. ffs he's left footed and plays on right wing. i'd say probably half of his goals are scored with his weaker foot. and yes he has scored freekicks,; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaUCJ1P-zqk (

he real list of best players in the world:
1-10. Messi
*no one else even worthy of being on top 10 since they don't even reach messi to his knees. i'm not just saying this because i'm a barca fan. i know real madrid fans who agree with me*
11. Xavi
12. Ronaldo
13. Iniesta
14. Torres
100. valencia
Are you telling me that Ronaldo, Torres, Xavi and Iniesta are not in the top ten? Come on...
Also, I was talking about more often... come on 3 free kicks are nothing to compared to Ronaldo. Ronaldo can lead to a goal by doing a rabona with his weaker foot. That's what I call talent. I'm not saying Messi isn't good - he's definitely in the top ten. I just think there are better players...
your also saying that Messi is the only reason for Barca's success...

another thing is, please try not to insult me because I am disagreeing with you, if anybody's acting like a "boy" here it's you.
(Jan. 13, 2010  8:53 PM)Ash Wrote: Liverpool FC itself :3

Please, no "oh liverpool sucks i love man u" i've heard that for like 8 years and sick of it.

oh liverpool sucks i love man u
(Jan. 14, 2010  5:42 PM)Hagane Ginga Wrote: Are you telling me that Ronaldo, Torres, Xavi and Iniesta are not in the top ten? Come on...
Also, I was talking about more often... come on 3 free kicks are nothing to compared to Ronaldo. Ronaldo can lead to a goal by doing a rabona with his weaker foot. That's what I call talent. I'm not saying Messi isn't good - he's definitely in the top ten. I just think there are better players...
your also saying that Messi is the only reason for Barca's success...

another thing is, please try not to insult me because I am disagreeing with you, if anybody's acting like a "boy" here it's you.

lol the boy thing was just a joke, sorry if it offended you

yes, 90% of barca's success last year was because of messi. barca with messi and barca without messi are two completly different teams, anyone who's witnessed both would agree. i don't know how many times barca were saved by messi last season. just look at the games he started on the bench, pretty much every one of those games, barca were losing before he gets subbed in.

as for you claiming he's not the worlds best;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/...-barcelona
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworl...award.html
Quote:Messi won the Ballon d'Or, which is voted for by journalists across the world and organised by France Football magazine, by a 240-point margin. The award's 96 voters gave Messi 473 points out of a possible 480, a near unanimous verdict.

Quote:The FIFA prize was voted on by 147 coaches and captains of national soccer teams from around the world. Messi finished first in balloting, with 1,073 points, ahead of Ronaldo (352 points), Hernandez (196), Kaka (190) and Iniesta (134).
pretty much speaks itself. no player has ever won either of the player of the year awards by such a huge margin

btw i don't take this the wrong way, but you have ALOT to learn about football. you're only 11. the difference of my understanding of football between ages 11 and 19 (my age now) are huge. I've been playing football for longer than you've been alive lol (12 years)
Wow everyones laughing Bladez
(Jan. 14, 2010  10:02 PM)SK Wrote: lol the boy thing was just a joke, sorry if it offended you

yes, 90% of barca's success last year was because of messi. barca with messi and barca without messi are two completly different teams, anyone who's witnessed both would agree. i don't know how many times barca were saved by messi last season. just look at the games he started on the bench, pretty much every one of those games, barca were losing before he gets subbed in.

as for you claiming he's not the worlds best;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/...-barcelona
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworl...award.html

pretty much speaks itself. no player has ever won either of the player of the year awards by such a huge margin

btw i don't take this the wrong way, but you have ALOT to learn about football. you're only 11. the difference of my understanding of football between ages 11 and 19 (my age now) are huge. I've been playing football for longer than you've been alive lol (12 years)

Of course I have loads of things to learn about football. But my point is, Messi isn't the only thing that brought success to Barca. They can survive without him and still be superior to Real Madrid imo. Because when people think Barca, they think Messi, just like two years ago, if you thought Man U, you thought Ronaldo even though Tevez had a better work rate. It's the work that actually leads to the goals, not the dribbles and the shots. Its the players like Messi who do the dribbles and so on. It's only that hes good at it, but he isn't the only one. I guess he just plays in his position really well, but xavi, zlatan and iniesta play there positions well, are they the best players in the word?
in addition to that, you don't need to score goals to be good. Puyol, experienced and is one of the best players I've ever watched. He's a world class defender and it's only the world class that are the best..:

Puyol
Alves
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi
Henry
Zlatan

These are all world class players who all helped barcas success. Messi wasn't the one doing all the work. This is what I'm trying to say.

Also it's not exactly hard to play on your weaker side. I mean I play left wing/centre mid and i'm right footed.
(Jan. 14, 2010  11:06 PM)Ash Wrote: Wow everyones laughing Bladez

You do know I was joking right. Because your sarcasm doesn't show it.
(Jan. 17, 2010  1:15 AM)Hagane Ginga Wrote: Of course I have loads of things to learn about football. But my point is, Messi isn't the only thing that brought success to Barca. They can survive without him and still be superior to Real Madrid imo. Because when people think Barca, they think Messi, just like two years ago, if you thought Man U, you thought Ronaldo even though Tevez had a better work rate. It's the work that actually leads to the goals, not the dribbles and the shots. Its the players like Messi who do the dribbles and so on. It's only that hes good at it, but he isn't the only one. I guess he just plays in his position really well, but xavi, zlatan and iniesta play there positions well, are they the best players in the word?
in addition to that, you don't need to score goals to be good. Puyol, experienced and is one of the best players I've ever watched. He's a world class defender and it's only the world class that are the best..:

Puyol
Alves
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi
Henry
Zlatan

These are all world class players who all helped barcas success. Messi wasn't the one doing all the work. This is what I'm trying to say.

Also it's not exactly hard to play on your weaker side. I mean I play left wing/centre mid and i'm right footed.

henry is carp. and has been ever since he came to barca. last season he hid it by scoring cheap goals that iniesta, xavi and messi created for him, but this season it shows 100% (he missed like 3 100% 1on1's with sevillas goalie last night)

the rest are good. infact all of them (except henry) are the best players in their respective positions. but still, they wouldn't have won anything last season without messi; he is the x-factor that actually wins the games. if you've seen barca play, you've noticed that they like to pass the ball around alot. they usually pass it around for a few mins, then give the ball to messi who creates a chance out of nowhere. repeat x10. was exactly like that in last nights game (4-0 vs sevilla, messi had two goals)

btw it might be easy for you, but do you even play on big fields yet? (i mean fields with 11 players on each team?) here they don't start doing that before age 13..try playing like that on big fields then talk
(Jan. 13, 2010  8:53 PM)Ash Wrote: Liverpool FC itself :3

Oh liverpool sucks i love forest Tongue_out
(Jan. 17, 2010  1:50 PM)SK Wrote: henry is carp. and has been ever since he came to barca. last season he hid it by scoring cheap goals that iniesta, xavi and messi created for him, but this season it shows 100% (he missed like 3 100% 1on1's with sevillas goalie last night)

the rest are good. infact all of them (except henry) are the best players in their respective positions. but still, they wouldn't have won anything last season without messi; he is the x-factor that actually wins the games. if you've seen barca play, you've noticed that they like to pass the ball around alot. they usually pass it around for a few mins, then give the ball to messi who creates a chance out of nowhere. repeat x10. was exactly like that in last nights game (4-0 vs sevilla, messi had two goals)

btw it might be easy for you, but do you even play on big fields yet? (i mean fields with 11 players on each team?) here they don't start doing that before age 13..try playing like that on big fields then talk
loll. I play for arsenal's U11's academy . . . by "here" where do you mean? Because I started playing 11-a-side at U10. As for the pitches they're more than half the size of real ones, and the goals are like 10x the size of the keepers
(Jan. 17, 2010  1:15 AM)Hagane Ginga Wrote: Of course I have loads of things to learn about football. But my point is, Messi isn't the only thing that brought success to Barca. They can survive without him and still be superior to Real Madrid imo. Because when people think Barca, they think Messi, just like two years ago, if you thought Man U, you thought Ronaldo even though Tevez had a better work rate. It's the work that actually leads to the goals, not the dribbles and the shots. Its the players like Messi who do the dribbles and so on. It's only that hes good at it, but he isn't the only one. I guess he just plays in his position really well, but xavi, zlatan and iniesta play there positions well, are they the best players in the word?

Puyol
Alves
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi
Henry
Zlatan

Just thought I'd bring this back up to post Messi's recent stats and show you how wrong you were:

past 5 games: 11 goals (2 hattricks)
season total: 38 games, 34 goals, 11 assists

BAM. best player of all time. I don't even have any words to describe how good he is