Football (All Leagues Welcome) Thread

I know there have been football threads before but I really wanted to have some structured weekly debate on (IMHO) the best sport in the world. The old thread was cluttered and I would love some great talks on people's favourite teams.

Let me start off by saying that I don't really have a team. I prefer when english teams do well in the CL understandably but apart from that I don't really care I just like a good match. I will update the thread with possible talking points every week but anyone else feel free to bring up your own. I know bits and pieces about La Liga and Serie A but not extensive amounts, and I know next to nothing about the other leagues apart from which team/teams are best. So forgive my lack of knowledge there.

So I guess we can start off with

1, Can Arsenal ever come back to full strength?

2, Is it realistic to expect any team other than Barcelona to win the CL

3, Which Manchester club is better (and why) and can any other team challenge them for the title this year
Approved this thread because yes, the other thread absolutely sucked. It would be better if people didn't post things like "MAN U RULESSSSSZZ!!111!!!!" in this thread too.
Ach, I heard about the MLS All-Stars playing Man U a month or two back from a friend. Apparently, they got stomped hard. He says the score was 4-0 Man U, is this true?
I'm a Arsenal supporter. I fully know that Arsenal are doing the worst this season, alongside with Tottenham. All of this rubbish about how Wenger should be sacked is carp. He is the one that made Arsenal what it is now. If the chairman decides to sack him, then I would probably stop supporting Arsenal and they will loose many fans.
I haven't watched soccer in a very long time. How's Barcelona doing?
Manchester United have one of the strongest teams in the world. Alongside Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester City (ugh)...
Everybody thinks Arsenal is not going to do good,but I agree it is not Wenger's fault. Arshavin and Almunia are very overrated. Do you think CHELSEA is going to beat MANCHESTER UNITED?
Tottenham 4-0 Liverpool
Fulham 2-2 Manchester City
Sunderland 4-0 Stoke
Manchester United 3-1 Chelsea. (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Dangit. I was really looking forward to chelsea winning
I'm a Arsenal supporter, yes they have been doing very badly so far this season. They haven't brought barely any players to subsitute the loss of Fabregas and Nasri and just before the transfer window closes, they hurry and buy any players they can find. I mean losing 8-2 is not how to compete when your a top 4 side. I'm predicting this year them to come mid-table unless they manage to move on and get better.

I also think theres something wrong in their training, half of last season Van Persie was injured, Wilshere is injured right now and that's a big problem. Most of their key players are dropping out of games rapidly becuase of injuries and that's one of the key things which is making the club lose. Another thing is that half the team are young 21 years olds, which have not had much Premier League expirience and all they need is a fairly old player with lots of expirience and belief to take over the team and teach the young players.

It's hardly fair how Man City, who are sponsered by ETIHAD one of the richest companies, can buy loads of star players because of the stupid wages they pay them a week. It's just not fair at all, football is not like it used to be.
The Man City thing is not really because of ETIHAD, its because of their owner, who invested 500 BILLION into the club.
(Sep. 18, 2011  6:47 PM)CrystalGrabber Wrote: The Man City thing is not really because of ETIHAD, its because of their owner, who invested 500 BILLION into the club.

Yeah, forgot about that, but ETIHAD do give a huge amount of money just to have their name put on shirts. Cute
The thing is, any club (in the lower leagues) could be took over by a multi-billionaire and then be buying loads of star quality players and then they will soar to the Premier League and win some titles, it's turning into a game of how rich is your club.
I agree 100%. Football these days is just about money. Remember back in the days when Theirry Henry was playing, Viera, Reyes etc. That was when Arsenal were an all-star team. And yet they still didn't win the Champions League.

Next season, I know for sure that Arsenal will not enter the Champions League. If we're lucky, we'll qualify for UEFA Cup.
(Sep. 18, 2011  5:59 PM)CrystalGrabber Wrote: Tottenham 4-0 Liverpool
Fulham 2-2 Manchester City
Sunderland 4-0 Stoke
Manchester United 3-1 Chelsea. (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Why are you posting information anyone with enough interest in Football to be reading this thread would already know? Like most of your other posts, they've barely stimulated the discussion here at all.

Arsenal's style of football is incredible, but they defended so poorly against Blackburn on Saturday. Watching them capitulate in such a big way is a little sad since they are the only team in English Football who consistently stick to their footballing principles. If there's one team other than my own who I'd like to see succeed, it's Arsenal.
Well, my uncle is the president of a AAA (I guess that's the term in soccer) team (The Railhawks!). We're either #1 or #2, but I don't know which. I can get in to a game of soccer, but I don't love it, nor is it my favorite sport.