Floating beyblades?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7etr4rPP...re=related
Imagine a beyblade on that, well a magnetized one anyway, if 2 of them were to be on it and some how could move about in the middle of air, thatd be epic. The new generatoin of beyblades. ;o
Imagina a giant one of those things under a stadium!!!!
Yeh or that being the stadium and the beyblades just battling it out in mid air. lmao. Imagine battle strikers they should work pretty well, depending on the size and weight and everything. And youd be able to controll them with your fingers. Lmao what if thats what battle strikers are planning?
Well...for beyblades..you'd need alot of them without any gaps. or just a huge one so when the beyblades smash together and get blasted away from each other they could fall out, so ud need one about the size of a beystadium or bigger.
except if it even goes slightly off balance it falls off
Oh right. Thus the balance blades were born! jk. k Idea flaild.
That thing is so freaking cool <3_<3
Hmm, then we'd have to figure a way that it doesnt go off balance then or make a stadium float on it and bey battle in a floating stadium
Beybattling in a floating stadium would be epic.Hmm I just got an idea. A stadium that is elevated by strings, so when your battling, itd be wobling about lol.
(Aug. 25, 2009  5:03 PM)Medz Wrote: Beybattling in a floating stadium would be epic.Hmm I just got an idea. A stadium that is elevated by strings, so when your battling, itd be wobling about lol.

A friend of mine built one in his nan's shed when we were in secondary school. It was basically a sheet of metal (possible steel) suspended from the ceiling/roof supports. It was one of the better stadiums we built.

Oh and on floating beyblades/stadiums. Regardless of if it could be done (built in a sense), would it work. You would need a pretty powerful magnet and/or a large-ish cooper coil (which creates the magnetic field I believe).
It is still something to think about though.
It is posaible, just the balance would be very difficult to maintain.
Not being allowed on You-tube, i never saw this vid, but floating beys is a great idea. Think, no more tips getting worn...
lol. Yeah but then again, they would just stay in one place. And what happens when they stop spinning? Fall and bounce on the big magnet lol?
Haha, that is really cool. I want one <3.
I'm not gonna lie... that's actually kind of cool Tongue_out
What the propelled stadium or the magnetic spinning top floaty thingy?
Would not work using a levitron. That's banking on polar repulsion, which requires specificity of location. You wouldn't be able to launch two at the same time, as there's only one "sweet spot" where it works. However, with access to liquid nitrogen and a superconductor, you might be able to have mid-air beybattles utilizing the Meissner Effect.
(Aug. 26, 2009  3:12 AM)Spinster Wrote: Would not work using a levitron. That's banking on polar repulsion, which requires specificity of location. You wouldn't be able to launch two at the same time, as there's only one "sweet spot" where it works. However, with access to liquid nitrogen and a superconductor, you might be able to have mid-air beybattles utilizing the Meissner Effect.
0.0 "......Wikipedia, I need help on this one..."
(Aug. 26, 2009  6:27 AM)Stilly Wrote: 0.0 "......Wikipedia, I need help on this one..."

if you're truly 19 there's no excuse for this post
Dude thats an epic idea. But im still thinking, how would they be able to move properly, I mean they'd just stay still.
Well, the Meissner Effect creates a field around the superconductive object in which magnetic objects remain. They're attracted to that field and will neither move away from nor fall further into the field. Basically, they stay suspended in an orbital plane near the object. "Beybattles" would rely solely on collisions for motion, as there'd be no lateral friction. I doubt they'd be very exciting, but they'd be pretty cool to see nonetheless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuAiKUF2WM

Here's a great explanation.
me and my mates did this yrs ago (sort of) we tied bits of string to our bit chips blue tacked string to ceiling and let it rip
Well, that sure as heck is easier to do then this 'lateral plain, superconducter, levatron' stuff. I'm 12, so i'm lost.

1 question- why didn't the string break when you launched it? Wouldn't the launcher cut it?