Fixing the launcher

Hey there fellow bladers!
I'm going to show you how to fix a left spin launcher (plastic series).

So first the intro.
You will need: a launcher, screwdriver, scissors, ruler, pencil, piece of paper, superglue, tweezers (optional), old newspaper (optional - well you might want to protect your table from the superglue)

I've come across these "big" launchers from the plastic series
[Image: 2dgt7qx.jpg]
On the left we have a Hasbro left spin launcher, and on the right we have a Takara right spin launcher. I wrote "big" because they are twice as big as normal launchers you get in the sets of plastic beyblades.

Now you can see how they aren't identical when it comes to the mechanism. The right spin launcher has it's main wheel directly attached to the spinning mechanism so the ripcord moves the spinning mechanism directly.
The left spin launcher though is a different story. There is a wheel and a blocker for the wheel. The rest of the mechanism is under the plastic cover. I'm sorry I have no pictures of the inner mechanism. But it doesn't really matter. You can open it but you don't have to. If you decide to remove the cover make sure you prepare for a small spring that is really hard to adjust.
How is it different? It's different because the ripcord moves a smaller wheel that then moves the main wheel.

Where is the problem? Ah now were talking. You see the problem is the area around the first wheel.
[Image: 11jouac.jpg]
The area is just too big and the wheel wobbles around making your ripcord's teeth skip and grind the wheel. The result is a lousy launch and a potential destruction of both launcher and the ripcord. You can hear the grinding sound when you try to launch. I've noticed it on several Youtube videos.

How to fix this problem? The objective is to make the area around the first wheel smaller.
[Image: ea0cw5.jpg]
*NOTE: Left gap wall is marked with 1, and the right wall is marked with 2
So you unscrew the bolts, remove the blocker and the wheel. Measure the gap's walls and draw it on the paper. The measurements I had were 14x6mm for the big wall (left side), and 14x2.5mm for the round part (right side). Make sure you have many of those. So now that you have 10 small papers of each side of the gap you just use the superglue and stack it. You have to make sure the gap doesn't become too tight for the wheel to spin. Put the left wall papers first, but don't glue them to the wall just yet. I think you'll need 6 or 7 of them. When you put them try spinning the wheel with your fingers, if it doesn't stop you did a good job and you can glue the paper adjustment to the wall.
Now for the right wall which is a tough one because of it's round shape and small size. The procedure is identical to the previous one. Stack the papers one by one until you have the right amount, a 5 or 6 of them would be enough. The toughest part is attaching the paper adjustment to the right wall of the gap. You can use tweezers to make it simple. And voilá, you have fixed your launcher.
Try to spin the wheel few times to make sure it doesn't grind the walls or anything. If it does don't worry, you can still peel few layers of paper with your scissors.
Don't use the superglue on the wheel!

Try launching it later. You'll notice the difference in both your launch and your blade performance.

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: this is an unofficial launcher modification so this makes this illegal in WBO Tournaments. You can use it at home though, it won't make your launch better but normal.

[EDIT] You might wanna put a layer of superglue over the walls at the end and let it dry. It will prevent the paper wearing off.
The guide is very comprehensive and is explained well. However, I don't know if it complies with WBO rulings on "modify[ing] the original technical design of the launcher".
I will be illegal as it modifies the performance of a Beyblade.
I don't see a reason this should be illegal.
Making something equal/fair isn't getting unfair advantage.
Players shouldn't be blamed for design mistakes.
But who am I to judge the judges Grin
I'll edit the post and add the illegal part.
(May. 10, 2010  9:41 PM)Powerlifter Wrote: I don't see a reason this should be illegal.
Making something equal/fair isn't getting unfair advantage.
Players shouldn't be blamed for design mistakes.
But who am I to judge the judges Grin
I'll edit the post and add the illegal part.

It's fine for your personal useJoyful_2. You do know a lot more about the launchers than me, and I've been here a while.
It is illegal because it could not be reproduced exactly the same way by other players, and the product becomes different to how it was manufactured. What is appreciable with games is sometimes to work with restraints, and there are a lot in Beyblade, a toyline created by TAKARA-TOMY, and I think we all like this. If we allowed all the modifications to be done, the game would become unfair.
BladeStorm I think it's all about the state of mind. When I was younger I had no interest in the mechanisms of the launchers and stuff but when I grew older I kinda started understanding and fixing things,

Kai-V I see your point. One could do just about anything to the interior of the launcher without no one noticing it.
do you know how to fix a beylauncher becuase mine is broken.
I tried out an old HMS launcher. It seem's quite worn out.

Why does putting together "unfair" and "advantage" sound like it makes no sense?

(It most likely does not but I see that a whole ton of that typed on this forum.)
i don't think this should be illegal because without this trick or tip dragoon storm which i love the most is nothing
Ya. I guess I revived a dead thread. But really need help. I opened up my only 2 L spin launcehrs.

Does the above apply to the other version of L-spin launchers seen from season 2 and onwards? they are slightly different in shape and the insides are positioned differently...