First tournament EVER and only one day to prepare. What do I need to know?

Heyo! I got an early Christmas gift from my wife- it’s a  Beyblade X Rhino Horn BX-19. It didn’t come with a launcher. There happens to be a local ranked tournament this Saturday so of course I had to jump on it and entered with some friends. It’s a three deck ordeal so I ordered two more starter Beyblades that will arrive one day before the tournament. I’ve only messed around with Beyblades as a kid and I have no clue what I’m getting into. What should I know before showing up? Any video recommendations? Common courtesy or tips and tricks? Super jazzed just entering for the fun of it. I will have 24 hours to practice for the FIRST TIME before the tourney. Thanks in advance!
I wish you the best of luck at your first tourney!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1crmE7qXI this looks like a good video for a first tournament goer
(Dec. 13, 2023  10:43 PM)jinjo Wrote: Heyo! I got an early Christmas gift from my wife- it’s a  Beyblade X Rhino Horn BX-19. It didn’t come with a launcher. There happens to be a local ranked tournament this Saturday so of course I had to jump on it and entered with some friends. It’s a three deck ordeal so I ordered two more starter Beyblades that will arrive one day before the tournament. I’ve only messed around with Beyblades as a kid and I have no clue what I’m getting into. What should I know before showing up? Any video recommendations? Common courtesy or tips and tricks? Super jazzed just entering for the fun of it. I will have 24 hours to practice for the FIRST TIME before the tourney. Thanks in advance!

As long as you have a launcher and 3 beyblades everything should be fine. Most tournaments have borrowing decks or just extra parts, plus everybody helps each other with combos, so don't worry about that. If your goal is to win, I recommend looking up the best X combos you can make with your ordered parts. If you can list them that'd be great!
(Dec. 13, 2023  10:43 PM)jinjo Wrote: Heyo! I got an early Christmas gift from my wife- it’s a  Beyblade X Rhino Horn BX-19. It didn’t come with a launcher. There happens to be a local ranked tournament this Saturday so of course I had to jump on it and entered with some friends. It’s a three deck ordeal so I ordered two more starter Beyblades that will arrive one day before the tournament. I’ve only messed around with Beyblades as a kid and I have no clue what I’m getting into. What should I know before showing up? Any video recommendations? Common courtesy or tips and tricks? Super jazzed just entering for the fun of it. I will have 24 hours to practice for the FIRST TIME before the tourney. Thanks in advance!

Yo!

First tournaments are always the most fun. I know you’re going to have a fun time dude. As an Organizer all I say is just be prepared and patient as everyone running/helping run the event is really doing their best and doing everything in their ability. You seem pretty prepared so you’ve got that going for you. Maybe look at some combination videos and competitive YouTube talks for something. That being said all I can really recommend is read the Organizer Guide to understand how the tournament works and read the X format rules so you can understand how to play in a match. I’m sure if you have anymore questions and you ask there they will be answered. Good luck my dude