Favourite School & College Subjects

same here, my teachers are sucky while my mate got the best teachers in my fav subjects!!!!

he has

Head of Chemistry and Head of Physics.... nuuuuu

I dunno why some like physics but my reason is that it just makes sense.
That thing about the blocks sucks, I only heard of that system a few weeks ago. At my school you just pick whatever you want and someone sorts it outs so that it all works.

Also, Geography is the best subject.
I used to like Maths and Art and sometimes science, depending on what we were doing. I'm not in school anymore though but I can say that two things I would do for college are Art and English.

Also, anyone that says IT without a reason must only like it because they can get on what they want or sometimes play games, when their not being watched anyway.
(Sep. 10, 2009  5:39 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: I used to like Maths and Art and sometimes science, depending on what we were doing. I'm not in school anymore though but I can say that two things I would do for college are Art and English.

Also, anyone that says IT without a reason must only like it because they can get on what they want or sometimes play games, when their not being watched anyway.

no for me it's a generally fun experience. You learn so much more and to me, knowledge = fun. The more knowldge the more fun. Maybe that's why i like the sciences, because you are constantly learning new things! Smile
Knowlege is fun sometimes but not most, most of the time school is annoying.
But science is different that is fun.
I used to like science and still am fine with physics.

Biology and me parted ways the day we had to dissect a cat.
I always liked math, always been easy. Except for geometry, and word problems.
As well as Clay class. Love any class really where I can physically make something.

I will always hate English, I've done good. When a teach says "turn in ever assignment and I promise to give you a passing great" and at the end she has to cause I still failed Pinching_eyes_2
(Sep. 10, 2009  7:55 PM)Khel Wrote: Biology and me parted ways the day we had to dissect a cat.

What! I'm really glad we didn't have biology even in our school, I could have never done that, not to a cat or any other kind of animal. I can't believe it would be a cat though, what happened to the frogs?
(Sep. 10, 2009  9:05 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: What! I'm really glad we didn't have biology even in our school, I could have never done that, not to a cat or any other kind of animal. I can't believe it would be a cat though, what happened to the frogs?

Don't worry, they haven't done that since about ten years ago.... animal rights....
I'm completely RAPING school this year:

AP Macroeconomics/Government
AP English Literature and Composition (IIRC)
AP Biology
AP Statistics
Wind Ensemble
AP Calculus 1
AP Chemistry

Spending less time on the computer (Maplestory...) does wonders. I can actually keep up now, compared to the last few years. I plan on getting 5's on the math and science tests.

My favorite class currently would have to be AP Chemistry. All of the others fall close behind. I'm also glad I quit playing soccer, since the soccer team has yet to win a match this year. Tennis is in the spring...

I'M RAPING THAT TOO.
(Sep. 10, 2009  11:25 PM)Elmo Wrote: I'm completely RAPING school this year:

AP Macroeconomics/Government
AP English Literature and Composition (IIRC)
AP Biology
AP Statistics
Wind Ensemble
AP Calculus 1
AP Chemistry

Spending less time on the computer (Maplestory...) does wonders. I can actually keep up now, compared to the last few years. I plan on getting 5's on the math and science tests.

My favorite class currently would have to be AP Chemistry. All of the others fall close behind. I'm also glad I quit playing soccer, since the soccer team has yet to win a match this year. Tennis is in the spring...

I'M RAPING THAT TOO.

What does the AP stand for?
(Sep. 11, 2009  6:40 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: Woah that was really unecessary.

no it wasn't Elmo knows where you live. You don't know any common elmo phrases do you? Unhappy

Btw i'm also buckling down this year....
Advanced Placement. They're college level courses and a means of getting college credit before actually entering college. You pay a minimal price to take the final exam and get a score from 0-5 on it. Some schools curve the grades up in it, as well, so if you excel in the course, it's a great means of buffing your GPA. I took 7 AP's throughout my high school career, a feat that, to my knowledge, has only been surpassed by one other person, a kid I graduated with who took 10. I was also the first in the history of my high school to take a college course in their sophomore year when I was bumped up to the AP level of Physics by my professor.
(Sep. 11, 2009  7:04 PM)Spinster Wrote: I was bumped up to the AP level of Physics by my professor.

it's a shame. Most schools in England (definitely mine) won't bump you up/down because it is rude to the other pupils....zzzzz
It was kinda funny, I was initially in the regents level of the class, was doubling up on sciences that year (also kind of unheard of at the time), taking Regents Chemistry and Regents Physics. About 3 weeks into the class, the physics professor came up to me after class one day and asked "what are you doing in here, Elliot?" I replied that I thought it was ok to take two sciences at once, and he laughed and said that "wasn't what he meant". Told me he wanted me in his AP level as soon as possible and was going to go talk to my counselor about rearranging my schedule to fit it in.
(Sep. 11, 2009  10:24 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: What is AP?

Read a few posts up Tired
(Sep. 11, 2009  7:52 PM)Spinster Wrote: It was kinda funny, I was initially in the regents level of the class, was doubling up on sciences that year (also kind of unheard of at the time), taking Regents Chemistry and Regents Physics. About 3 weeks into the class, the physics professor came up to me after class one day and asked "what are you doing in here, Elliot?" I replied that I thought it was ok to take two sciences at once, and he laughed and said that "wasn't what he meant". Told me he wanted me in his AP level as soon as possible and was going to go talk to my counselor about rearranging my schedule to fit it in.

Damn. You're my idol, although standards have skyrocketed since then. Some students in my class are already up to 10 AP classes, and they're Juniors (meaning they're currently taking 4-5 AP classes, and have taken 5-6 last year). I know a kid who just studied at home and took 8 AP tests during his Sophomore year. I heard he did extremely well. All of this academic competition has lowered my self-esteem...
I didn't take many AP classes in high school. Had sports and stuff that occupied most of my time.

My favorite class is my Accounting Information Systems class I'm currently taking. I'm an accounting major so I have to take it, but the teacher/professor makes the class fun.
(Sep. 12, 2009  12:45 AM)Aqua Wrote: Read a few posts up Tired

Oh I See
Japanese is by far the best class. I have a 100% average.
Geez, guys, I can't even take Honors(advanced) classes, let alone AP classes. >.> You guys are smart.
Lol i've never even heard of AP before now.
Do they have them in england???