Face Contest: Design a Beyblade Burst Beyblade!

unfortunately exams > design; i doubt i will finish both studying and drawing before midnight (i'm only on the top view!!! rip)

My entry would be trash anyway hehehe.
Oh my god.

Username.

You're going to make me faint.
I pretty much gave up all hope of getting first after @[SCARlet]'s amazing entry, but of course I'm going to submit mine anyway Tongue_out

I call my entry "Fefnir Counter Streak"

[Image: rNVKuf5.jpg]

The wolf head represents Fefnir, a common "villain" from Norse mythology. When looking at some of the official Beyblade Burst designs I noticed a return of the "spinning head" design thingy (Take a look at Spriggan) so I thought it was fitting to put a wolf's head on one side similar to what the Attack Rings did in during Bakuten Shoot, however I limited it to one wolf's head and took a little inspiration form Zero G by making the other side completely different. The opposite side is made of spikes that are supposed to be patches of the wolf's fur.

Since the Layer is mostly rounded I made the Disk feature spikes facing clockwise to balance it out. The spikes are meant to face that way in order to cause bigger impact with the opponent, however it causes recoil as a result.

The Driver, Streak, is somewhat interesting. I wanted to go with a traditional flat attack tip, but I was trying to think of a way to be creative about it. There's not really any way to be visually creative with it, and I didn't want it to be completely gimmicky since we had a lot of gimmicky parts in MFB (Think HF/S or CH120). I thought to myself what might be the opposite of RF. RF is flat and is made of rubber, which builds a lot of friction causing it to go such high speeds. However, stamina is sacrificed in order to gain this attack power. Thus, I thought a glossy material would be neat. This piece still retains the flat design to remain an attack-type part, but it is also wide in hopes of it doing a bit better than a traditional flat part (Think XF). The material is very glossy and will cause the Beyblade to slide around the stadium without much friction when it grabs the ridge. Due to the glossy material it probably won't have much attack power, thus making it more suitable for stamina types, but the flat shape was still given to keep the Beyblade from spinning in a single spot to better avoid attack types with rubber bottoms.

I guess that's pretty balanced? It's got a somewhat rounded Layer and the Driver is is probably pretty OP as a stamina part, but the Disk would probably give it a lot of recoil which would balance it out pretty well.

Oh yeah, I drew mine in a sketchbook using a pencil (H, to keep my lines light) and then went over it with a micron pen. After scanning it I colored it in Photoshop, but kept my brush opacity low to get the right shades that I wanted. If you see any weird markings or spots where the colors get a little dark it is most likely due to eraser marks on the drawing. There were quite a bit of eraser marks around the drawings as well so I removed those in Photoshop so that they wouldn't be distracting from the final design.
Might as well submit what i have!

Zirgonis Hurricane Grip

[Image: Jcvfwkn.png]

So this beyblade is a left spinning beyblade, the Red spikes is the metal part (the metal part is 2 separate pieces, a ring and the actual core that holds the bey together) of they bey which can be flipped to change its mode, the first mode on the right is attack mode which is free spinning in 180 degrees (just to make it less over powered). The other mode it has is by flipping the separate metal part into a defensive fixed mode where the metal does not move and is supposed to have a more defensive approach since it blocks the gaps. The driver is supposed to be like a LW165 design with a Rubber Flat like bottom to give it the attack it the friction it needs to knock out beys. But anyway... i didn't get at all as far as i planned to get Unhappy

(sorry it's out of proportion, haha, just wanted to make it look more defensive)
Now that the entry period is over I just want to say good luck to everyone. There were a lot of really cool ideas being posted so I'm excited to see who wins in the end. Good job, everyone!
Wraith Shift Balancer

[Image: beyblade_burst__wraith_shift_balancer_by...8xvi4h.png]Note: I apologize for the excessive space around the Beyblade itself, I'm not sure if I have any program to crop it with and Manga Studio didn't have any clear cropping tool.

Wraith:
A defensive style Layer based on the ghostly wardens in Norse mythology known as Vörðr, it is designed to have somewhat low recoil as well as a small amount of attack potential. The dark blue markings on the clear plastic are meant to resemble the torn cloth commonly shown draped over the apparitions.

Shift:
A somewhat heavy Disk comprised of several lighter parts which are not intended to be separated, that allow the notches around it's circumference to rotate relatively freely, though it does not contain any bearings.

Balancer:
A defensive Driver with bearings to allow the tip to freely spin, whereas the wide saucer sits around a non-bearing based groove that circles the Driver. It is designed to provide stamina, defense, and life after death capabilities.

Side notes:
The idea of the blade and it's free-rotating aspects were inspired by the concept of a ghost and it's nonphysical attributes, therefore I wanted it to feel like attacks would somewhat brush off of it, as well as give it life after death abilities. I originally intended to draw this on paper and then scan it into the computer where I would then finalize it, but it ended up working out better by just starting on the computer and finishing it there as well. None of this was done in a 3D program, I used virtual rulers, graphs, ect. in order to create the perspective with what knowledge of perspective I had.

Wow this post was really cutting it short!
man i really wanted to enter and try for the new beyblade but alas i had to sleep, had a good mechanism designed as well too.
ah crud. I was thinking that the contest would last till the end of june.. carp..
Ah damn, Alta, I closed my computer around 1 AM and did not see your post, so chances are that you posted after the deadline, unfortunately, which was 11:59:59 PM EST.

Good luck to everyone, and once again congratulations for all those awesome entries; the decision will be very tough !
Yeah, thanks for all of your entries guys! It's incredible seeing the results of a contest like this before the series is even launched. Really makes you think about what will be possible moving forward.