Face Contest: Design a Beyblade Burst Beyblade!

(Jun. 16, 2015  5:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2015  5:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I think what really makes this stand out and a reason why it is so good is because the 3D technology allows it to be, imagine our designs on that 3D program. Well it's a competition on design and not which looks the most real or technologically sofisticated.

Exactly, remember, guys, that we are not biased towards the best-looking designs : it could be done with colouring pens and win, definitely.

Indeed. Unlike with the traditional drawing techniques, no 'special talents' are needed to design with CAD-software. I was just lucky that I was taught working with Siemens NX in college.
If it weren't for the translucent plastic cover(which is hard to draw on paper), I probably would have tried drawing it by hand and edit it with photoshop afterwards. This still goes a lot faster than CAD-modelling (especially drawing the organic shapes).

I really enjoyed reading all your comments!
I use to be able to use a 3D program called Pro-DESKtop but I haven't used it ever since they deleted it, lol I use to make Beyblades all the time but mostly B-Daman strike shots.
(Jun. 16, 2015  4:47 PM)SCARlet Wrote: [Image: UVaoL4q.gif]

this is some x-rated beyblade carp

love it
Welp, I just gave up all hope of taking first. Maybe if I get lucky I can still manage to win a face booster, haha.

Seriously, SCARlet, that is absolutely mind-blowingly incredible. The idea for the Driver is genius. Now I want Takara to make it so I can buy one, haha.
(Jun. 16, 2015  7:06 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Welp, I just gave up all hope of taking first. Maybe if I get lucky I can still manage to win a face booster, haha.

Seriously, SCARlet, that is absolutely mind-blowingly incredible. The idea for the Driver is genius. Now I want Takara to make it so I can buy one, haha.

Oh if anyone tries to take my yellow or purple face then I WILL GET YOU!!! I'm just kidding but I do want either yellow or purple.
SCARlet D: are you Lily? from Scarlet rose? Because it seems like your entry will be the hardest to beat... (HAHAHA osu! puns Kappa)
But for real though, his designs are always so creative and well executed that I'm almost completely positive he's won the last two or three "design a Beyblade" competitions.

I should have my design up soon; I just have to touch it up in GIMP. Mine is pretty uninspired tbh, I feel like I had an ok idea for the Driver and then the rest just went downhill from there.
And so the trumpets of victory have voiced over before the ending was seen over the horizon.
Woah, that's some crazy good work SCARlet. Smile
(Jun. 16, 2015  8:46 PM)Wombat Wrote:
But for real though, his designs are always so creative and well executed that I'm almost completely positive he's won the last two or three "design a Beyblade" competitions.

I should have my design up soon; I just have to touch it up in GIMP. Mine is pretty uninspired tbh, I feel like I had an ok idea for the Driver and then the rest just went downhill from there.

I'm sure yours will be better than mine (I'm not being modest but you should be a very good artist). I mean, SCARlet has already wiped out the competitions like how the dinosaurs were wiped out.

And if SCARlet did win in the last three competitions then no wonder.
Let's not forget that apparently Username2130 could also give SCARlet some competition, he seems to be a vey skillful artist.
That's the plan
Oh damn... username2130 is a brilliant artist and because of that, I think we're all doomed.
Jormungandr Cross Change
[Image: UdlnwIb.png]

Concept
This Beyblade is based on Jörmungandr, the "world serpent". In Norse mythology, Jörmungandr is Thor's arch-nemesis, a massive sea serpent that is so large it can constrict the entire globe. I will admit that I came up with the Driver first, and then did some looking around on Wikipedia before deciding on a suitable Bit Beast/Spirit/whatever it will be called in the Burst Generation.

Layer: Jormungandr

Disk: Cross

Driver: Change

Wow that is a beautiful design Grin

EDIT: Really, all of these designs.
o3o Holy carp! I gotta' make a design today or i'm carped!
Please ignore any spelling mistakes. They are numerous and I am tired.

SEIGFRIED IRON MgLv
Layer
Disk
Driver
Included my notes as well
Notes
design for THOR LIGHTNING POWER

because Thor can control thunder and lightning I made a few gimmicks well technically I used gimmicks used in previous beys and put them together. Please view the link to see the drawings of the beyblade. Note that THOR LIGHNING POWER is a right spin beyblade

First there will be two levels of burst

level one burst
the three longer blades will extend without warning like how lightning strikes almost without warning. This will sort of be like the XTS stealth battlers blade blast on Hades kerbeks but not as unstable or as soon. Second the DC motor powered by a 1.5 Volt button battery in the driver, the motor will make the plastic R2F tip spin until the bey either stops spinning or bursts. Because the R2F tip is spinning while the three longer blades are extended the bey will not be unstable like the XTS stealth battlers.

level two burst
The beyblade will actually explode
Hehe, that's a really cool design Username2130, sickeningly good in fact, yours is more intricate and planned than everyone else's.
*looks at username2130's entry*

That's it, I'm done here... I don't even think I'll get into the top three at all (before I thought I could but now... there are all these great entries that I fall flat on) meaning I'll never get that nice purple or yellow face.
dang I've only got a few hours left... better get started!
username2130,

that entry was amazing I especially liked the mag-lev.
It looks very well thought out.
username2130, that design is incredible. The magnet gimmick in the Driver is absolute genius, and the layer is beautiful.

Well, I have officially been left in the dust.
Lol, I kept forgetting to enter. I'll submit something before midnight for sure Smile
I can't wait to see it! I actually enjoy seeing other creations of existing system Beyblades, we had better do another HMS design thread, like "what if it had continued" type of thing.