Face Contest: Design a Beyblade Burst Beyblade!

yes! i've been waiting for another face design contest, gonna enter this one!!!
Had a bit of a brain fart of making a concrete design but here is everything exposed here! So I do have a development (All of it is the same beyblade so it's nothing important, only one entry! I am respecting that, this is just a cycle of the same one to avoid confusion) click the spoilers if curious!
Final design and one I'm submitting for the competition!

[Image: Set-up-5-12y5ht8-846x1024.png]

Burst Gimmick (My knowledge is based on the explosion of victory) is to be represented on the Layer as when defeated it has an under layer (Similar to Phantom Fox MS) I was originally going to post the inside blueprint of how this was going to be different on the inside and everything else but due to fear that it may count as another entry but I did think a tad deep into this.
(Jun. 14, 2015  11:02 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Had a bit of a brain fart of making a concrete design but here is everything exposed here! So I do have a development (All of it is the same beyblade so it's nothing important, only one entry! I am respecting that, this is just a cycle of the same one to avoid confusion) click the spoilers if curious!

Burst Gimmick (My knowledge is based on the explosion of victory) is to be represented on the Layer as when defeated it has an under layer (Similar to Phantom Fox MS) I was originally going to post the inside blueprint of how this was going to be different on the inside and everything else but due to fear that it may count as another entry but I did think a tad deep into this.

I like the Layer's blades. However, what the hell is it with this Beyblade having a long name?
(Jun. 14, 2015  11:37 PM)MissKarat Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2015  11:02 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Had a bit of a brain fart of making a concrete design but here is everything exposed here! So I do have a development (All of it is the same beyblade so it's nothing important, only one entry! I am respecting that, this is just a cycle of the same one to avoid confusion) click the spoilers if curious!

I like the Layer's blades. However, what the hell is it with this Beyblade having a long name?

I'm a sucker for long names, I was originally going to call it Bolt Leol but I dropped it.

{}- Mjolnir Hammer Gust -{}

The name, as well as the design, of this Beyblade are based on Mjölnir, the mythical hammer wielded by Thor, the Norse god of thunder, also associated with lightning and stormy weather. It's an Attack-oriented Balance type, similar in nature to Diablo Nemesis (although not as absurdly heavy). I had a lot of fun coming up with this; hope you guys enjoy it!

Layer: Mjolnir

The design behind this part is pretty obvious; it's based on Thor's hammer. The three protrusions are supposed to the be the hammer heads, and there are two smaller hammers inscribed near the center of the wheel. The lightning bolts are representative of the hammer's connection with harsh weather, as well as Thor's lordship over storms. The Layer is right rotating and relatively bulky, designed for optimal Attack power with minimal recoil.

Disk: Hammer

I decided to name the disk Hammer simply because its design is intended to compliment the Layer, which is, again, based on the design of a hammer (that and I just thought it sounded cool, haha). The three weighted areas around the Disk, where the metal is thickest, are intended to put additional weight behind Mjolnir's three primary contact points. This part, combined with Mjolnir, is designed to be behave similarly to how Diablo behaves in Standard Format. Bulky, heavy, and low recoil, with high capacity for Attack.

Driver: Gust

I had a hard time choosing a name for this part. My original idea was to call it Storm, but I thought that Gust would better fit the gimmick I had in mind for it. Gust is basically a rubber version of F:S. The Beyblade begins the match with a Driver similar to Rubber Flat (slightly smaller in diameter and, consequently, a bit slower), and when it reaches low RPM, a sharp plastic tip extends from the bottom and the Beyblade reverts to a CS-like Defensive pattern. I thought the name fit the gimmick well, because, like a strong gust of wind, the Driver kicks the match off with a burst of aggression, but soon dies down to calm. This is a part I've always wished existed in MFB, and I thought it would be a cool concept to have in Burst.

The Making of Mjolnir Hammer Gust

The inspiration for the name and the overall design came from Kei's reference to Norse mythology in the OP. I went and did a little research, and the god Thor, being the most heavily endorsed icon of Norse legend, became the basic theme behind my design. Since I normally think of a Beyblade, not necessarily as an independent entity, but as more of a tool, I didn't want to use Thor himself, but something Thor would use. Two things immediately came to mind; Thor's hammer, and a lightning bolt. I really liked the idea of using the hammer (though I did end up including the lightning bolts in the design), so I decided to turn it into a Beyblade. I really like how it turned out, and I feel good about the amount of thought I put into the actual design.

I had a lot of fun making the graphic. I read on the first page of the thread that you judges would take a liking to tediously hand-drawn entries, but I also wanted to use some digital magic to make it look as sharp and colorful as possible. I ended up hand-drawing all the parts of the Beyblade, uploading photographs of the drawings to my laptop, and touching up, coloring and arranging them with a digital editing program.

Here are the original drawings I used to make the graphic above. The quality isn't the best, as I planned to spruce them up during editing and didn't intend to use these in my actual entry, but I thought I'd post them here just so you guys could see what I started with:

Two really good entries. So good that I think I'm screwed.
Aw dang it, I wanted that Spriggans!
(Jun. 15, 2015  8:07 AM)Momohimi Wrote: Two really good entries. So good that I think I'm screwed.

Don't abandon hope just yet my friend!
(Jun. 15, 2015  8:30 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2015  8:07 AM)Momohimi Wrote: Two really good entries. So good that I think I'm screwed.

Don't abandon hope just yet my friend!

Well, I at least hope I get that beautiful purple face or perhaps even yellow.
Don't give up yet... until Username2130 posts his entry. Then we can all give up, haha.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, Mjolnir is pronounced "Myol-near." The pronunciation in the Wikipedia article I linked above, but I figured it would be better to post it here.
(Jun. 15, 2015  11:57 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Don't give up yet... until Username2130 posts his entry. Then we can all give up, haha.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, Mjolnir is pronounced "Myol-near." The pronunciation in the Wikipedia article I linked above, but I figured it would be better to post it here.

I have already posted my entry so I think it's kinda late to "not give up". And Username2130? There is someone who is actually better than you? Oh man, he would probably wipe out the competition.
(Jun. 15, 2015  12:02 PM)Momohimi Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2015  11:57 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Don't give up yet... until Username2130 posts his entry. Then we can all give up, haha.

I have already posted my entry so I think it's kinda late to "not give up". And Username2130? There is someone who is actually better than you? Oh man, he would probably wipe out the competition.

There are a ton of brilliant designers on this forum, haha. Username2130 has some pretty sweet designs.
Actually @[Momohimi], I wouldn't be surprised if you manage to win this tournament.
(Jun. 15, 2015  9:55 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Actually @[Momohimi], I wouldn't be surprised if you manage to win this tournament.

Eh... I like my drawing but TBD has a very nice design and a neater drawing.
-APUS PARADISE VECTOR-

Layer:Apus

Apus was designed to have good smash attack as well as balance.Due to its diamond shaped protrusions it can poke against other beys.This layer creates a well balanced updraft to keep the beyblade spinning.By using its weight it can fend of attacks easily.The diamonds and other shapes represent Apus's feathers and eyes.

DiskTongue_outaradise
This part features a semi-thick disk with a rubber ring on the inner and top area.This part helps reduce recoil much like L-Drago.The metal is weighed perfectly so it keeps it balanced as well as maintain spin power.When combined with the Layer it creates a very balanced bey.

Drive:Vector
Vector (Orginal name wingspan) was inspired by bearing drive. The sharp cone can balance out like bearing drive.The cone is made from a polycarbon alloy and has a metal tip.The metal cap creates traction between the stadium and the base.The bearings inside push the centrifugal force up and down making the bearing type tip rotate.The rubber helps absorb spin power from right under the bey (Much like pulling a carpet from under some ones feet,haha).The name vector derives from the fact that the spin power forces out spin power to all four directions,Hence the name vector,A straight arrow.

Overall
This bey is a balance type bey and was extremely hard to come up with. If it had a special move it would be Apus Vindication.I originally was gonna give it the name Zirnitra Omicron (Zirnitra is the black dragon. Wanted to pay homage to one of my favourite members).
Combining Phantom Orion and L-Drago was my little cousins idea xD.Apus is the bird of paradise in cosmology.
Dakuwaqa Placoid Brake

Layer : Dakuwaga

[Image: m6THmWG.jpg]

[Image: VRXxYie.jpg]

Dakuwaqa is a shark god of the Fiji Islands. The center image of the Layer shows the notorious pose of a shark spreading its mouth wide open. The circular hole in the center of the layer can be seen as its throat. The upside of the Layer isn't fully covered by a translucent plastic plate. 3 protusions don't have that cover. These protusions depict the shark fin of a shark in sideway view.

Disk : Placoid

[Image: Gl6uDkS.jpg]

[Image: fLJe3vM.jpg]

As the name suggests, the Disk consists of 4 big shark scales each side.

Driver: Brake

[Image: kgnTY0y.jpg]

[Image: yJnSF9P.jpg]

The free spinning rubber part consisting of 3 wings has been placed around a flat tip.

When the bey is tossed back, the rubber part sticks to the floor and stops spinning (in normal circumstances, it spins together with the main part of the driver) and prevents the bey from being pushed any further (friction).

It also prevents the bey from self-KO'ing through contact with the tornado ridge of the stadium.

[Image: UVaoL4q.gif]

OK, this is just insane now hah.

But wow, it seems like Beyblade Burst really inspired a lot of people, all the entries are sound so far and they are all top-level. Great job everyone, you all have a chance of winning !
@[SCARlet]

Did you somehow hack Takara and steal their design for one of the future beys? In all seriousness, incredible job, the 3d diagram is especially impressive. Mind sharing what program/s you use?
If anything, that recent drawing is the only one with a chance of winning now haha.
*looks at my entry*

*looks a SCARlet's entry*

*pushes my entry aside*

I think I should just forget trying, hahaha. Great work SCARlet! Looks really sick.
.-.

thats all i have to say

@[SCARlet] - THAT IS INSANELY GOOD!!! Your design is GOD!!! Seriously though, great work!
I think what really makes this stand out and a reason why it is so good is because the 3D technology allows it to be, imagine our designs on that 3D program. Well it's a competition on design and not which looks the most real or technologically sofisticated.
(Jun. 16, 2015  5:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I think what really makes this stand out and a reason why it is so good is because the 3D technology allows it to be, imagine our designs on that 3D program. Well it's a competition on design and not which looks the most real or technologically sofisticated.

Exactly, remember, guys, that we are not biased towards the best-looking designs : it could be done with colouring pens and win, definitely.
(Jun. 16, 2015  5:30 PM)Kujikato Wrote: *looks at my entry*

*looks a SCARlet's entry*

*pushes my entry aside*

I think I should just forget trying, hahaha. Great work SCARlet! Looks really sick.

@[Kujikato] - You should show your entry anyway. Who knows, it may actually have a very good design and some creativity.