"FML" - The Murphy's Law Thread

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." - Murphy's Law

Now that I'm going to Canada, I need to get my license. Every time I go to take my road test, the following occurs:

1st time: certificate went missing so I couldn't go
2nd time: car breaks down ON THE TEST resulting in a failure
3rd time: car breaks down the day BEFORE the test so I couldn't go
4th time: car breaks down the day BEFORE the test...again

My father decided to let me take his car after these unfortunate events. I can pass it no problem, but my car is scared of tests... I've been to two mechanics and they never seem to address the problem correctly. It makes me feel like I'm in a hole because my car gives me a huge sense of freedom and confidence. Without it, I feel really down.

What are some events in your life that have held you back or otherwise frustrated you? Please don't be silly. Name significant events, describe them, explain how it made you feel, etc. No spam.
Sorry about those unfortunate events well this happens alot i do stuff work hard for school papers and right when i need then they go missing i franticaly search for them and get scolded for not being organized its the beyblade monster i swear ( no really i have shreaded homework its creepy) and i leave my paper on the third floor then its gone i hate the effort i put into a A becoming a C when i was in elementry schol i had As and Bs almost Straight as and no my stuff is sliding into Cs
Once I was racing in PE, I put my hands out to stop me from hitting the mat on the wall. I ended up hyper extending them >< I felt like I was going to through up. For some reason, I didn't cry at all...
Worse part, dodge ball that day. I had to sit it out Unhappy
(May. 05, 2011  12:24 AM)Deikailo Wrote: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." - Murphy's Law

Now that I'm going to Canada, I need to get my license. Every time I go to take my road test, the following occurs:

1st time: certificate went missing so I couldn't go
2nd time: car breaks down ON THE TEST resulting in a failure
3rd time: car breaks down the day BEFORE the test so I couldn't go
4th time: car breaks down the day BEFORE the test...again

My father decided to let me take his car after these unfortunate events. I can pass it no problem, but my car is scared of tests... I've been to two mechanics and they never seem to address the problem correctly. It makes me feel like I'm in a hole because my car gives me a huge sense of freedom and confidence. Without it, I feel really down.

Sorry, you can drive passengers around in the US without a license?
That was really funny Deikailo! Not being 'bad' but you see, your car is like...... indescribable!
(May. 05, 2011  3:50 PM)♥ Wrote: Sorry, you can drive passengers around in the US without a license?

Nope, I guess she just hopes she doesn't get caught.
(May. 05, 2011  3:50 PM)♥ Wrote: Sorry, you can drive passengers around in the US without a license?
You can't drive legally without a licensed driver in the vehicle if you don't have a license. If you have a licensed driver in the car, you can drive.

Went to take my road test again today with my father's car. He didn't have his insurance car on him for his car so we couldn't take it. Luckily, we got a print out and got an appointment two hours later. I failed because I was shaking too much and forgot the turn signals. Uncertain

I can drive perfectly outside of the road test. Why do my nerves get to me so much?
(May. 05, 2011  4:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Nope, I guess she just hopes she doesn't get caught.
Pretty much. Driving without a license in Long Island/New York is not uncommon at all, unfortunately. For me, no body had a car or time to teach me so I got fed up with waiting and bought a car and paid $500 a month for insurance. Still, nobody wants to "waste time" to teach me so there's nothing left but to teach myself...
Quote:You can't drive legally without a licensed driver in the vehicle if you don't have a license. If you have a licensed driver in the car, you can drive.

Pretty sure this isn't true? Don't you at least need a student license?

And take driving classes. Gonna cost less than $500 a month and you won't be breaking the law and endangering other people.
(May. 06, 2011  6:05 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:You can't drive legally without a licensed driver in the vehicle if you don't have a license. If you have a licensed driver in the car, you can drive.

Pretty sure this isn't true? Don't you at least need a student license?
Yes, a permit, which I do have. It's basically an ID saying you took a 20 question test about alcohol and road signs, scored a 14/20 or higher, and paid $70. A permit is by no means a license. I should have stated that you need a permit...
All right haha

Sorry, was totally confused
It's my bad. Criminal activities get confusing.