F:D Discussion

(Apr. 02, 2011  9:40 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2011  7:55 PM)Deikailo Wrote: F: D needs to be paired up with heavy, high smash wheels such as Hell. F:D is actually a very useful bottom because it is incredibly easy to control. Hell, at a low velocity, can still KO, even from the center.

I found a combo that can kill top tiers with this in less than 15 minutes.

Would you mind sharing that with us, or are you going to keep it a secret until you win a tournament with it? Unless that is Hell F:D and I'm stupid.

I'm pretty sure she pointed out the basis of her combo right there... All we don't know is the face and CW since she didn't say anything about that. But I think F:D can be tested for a force smash with a weak launch against stamina/defense beys. The change from SF to RF/RHF (whatever) would create great Force Smash. I'll be able to do some testing when my BB-107 comes. I might be able to test Deikailo's Hell F:D combo if I can snag a Hell Kerbecs.
(Mar. 26, 2011  3:29 PM)Otsu Wrote: Man... if only it was the other way around. Rubber -> sf.

Hopefully ill be able contribute more to this thread soon. Mine is on the way!

Yeah. Rubber --> Semi Flat would be better than the other way around. Grin
definatly better, but I question if it would be even useful.
Has anyone reported performance differences caused by the wearing of the rubber? From everything I'm reading, F: D shows little promise in attack combos, but how about one that is balance oriented?
F:D is decent in Defense from what I've gathered.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF Lightning L-Drago CH145RF
Standard Procedures
F:D Win Rate - 80% (2KOs, 6OSs)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF Gravity Perseus (ATK) D125RF
Standard Procedures
F:D Win Rate - 90% (9OSs)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF Meteo L-Drago CH145RF
Standard Procedres
F:D Win Rate - 100% (2KOs, 8OSs)

Basalt is heavy enough to withstand some Attacks in SF mode, and when F:D switches to RHF mode, it either KOs, OSs, or withstands more Attacks if the Attacker isn't done. I have yet to test against Vulcan, but Vulcan will hit F:D or the bottom of Basalt. If you examine F:D, you will see that it's circular in shape, and if you weigh it, it's almost 6 grams. It should be able to withstand Attacks from Vulcan pretty well. I'll test it on Friday, when I get my Vulcan back.
Isn't that more of a Balance combination?

Basalt Kerbecs's weight make combined with the very slow movement of SF make the defense, and the RHF adds the Anti-Meta Attack and stamina (OS), so yeah, it's more of balance.
I thought Meteo does better with 90 and other low track heights... Can you test with that? And can you try with Screw Pisces? (It's the best Tier 2 attack combo, but only works with Pisces or Horogium)
(Apr. 21, 2011  2:58 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: I thought Meteo does better with 90 and other low track heights... Can you test with that? And can you try with Screw Pisces? (It's the best Tier 2 attack combo, but only works with Pisces or Horogium)

In the "Best Height for Meteo L-Drago" thread, I saw that CH120 did best. I'll do 90/85. Yeah, I'll do it with Screw Horogium. I'll also do it with Fang, since IMO, Fang's on par with Vulcan. Just my opinion though.

So much for people saying that FGrin will suck for Defense...
Are they ever going to make a Pegasus that is all good parts? There's always something to make it terrible.
Same with Dragoon. But I still believe in the Force Smash theory via weak launch against stamina types that I posted... And thanks Mr. N
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:18 AM)ShinobiKid Wrote: Are they ever going to make a Pegasus that is all good parts? There's always something to make it terrible.

Pegasis III seemed to be on par with Kerbecs for Stamina, Big Bang is useful on 230, and F:D, look at the tests above.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF Meteo L-Drago 90RF
Standard Procedures
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate - 50% (2KOs, 3OSs)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF Screw Horogium 90RF
Standard Procedures
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate - 80% (4KOs, 4OSs)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF-H Fang Leone 230R²F
Standard Procedures
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate - 100% (6KOs, 4OSs)

Now, that's impressive, considering Fang got 36% agianst MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MF.
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:45 AM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:18 AM)ShinobiKid Wrote: Are they ever going to make a Pegasus that is all good parts? There's always something to make it terrible.

Pegasis III seemed to be on par with Kerbecs for Stamina, Big Bang is useful on 230, and FGrin, look at the tests above.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs FGrin VS MF Meteo L-Drago 90RF
Standard Procedures

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs FGrin VS MF Screw Horogium 90RF
Standard Procedures

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs FGrin VS MF-H Fang Leone 230R²F
Standard Procedures

Now, that's impressive, considering Fang got 36% agianst MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MF.

Why is that impressive to you? FGrin is the same height as 130 therefore, Basalt could easily get under Fang and tear that combo apart. ;/
(Apr. 21, 2011  1:52 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Why is that impressive to you? F:D is the same height as 130 therefore, Basalt could easily get under Fang and tear that combo apart. ;/

I thought that F:D was about 145WD in RHF mode...
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:29 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  1:52 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

Pegasis III seemed to be on par with Kerbecs for Stamina, Big Bang is useful on 230, and FGrin, look at the tests above.

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Why is that impressive to you? FGrin is the same height as 130 therefore, Basalt could easily get under Fang and tear that combo apart. ;/

I thought that FGrin was about 145WD in RHF mode...
No. Not at all. If anything, it is closest to 145WD when it is in stamina mode but even then, it would only be around 135.
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:32 PM)Bluezee Wrote: No. Not at all. If anything, it is closest to 145WD when it is in stamina mode but even then, it would only be around 135.

http://ameblo.jp/takunanabey/entry-10840894282.html :\
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:36 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:32 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

No. Not at all. If anything, it is closest to 145WD when it is in stamina mode but even then, it would only be around 135.

Hmm. Mine is shorter than my 145WDs and I just got it. It's the Takara-Tomy version. Manufacturing problem maybe?
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:49 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Hmm. Mine is shorter than my 145WDs and I just got it. It's the Takara-Tomy version. Manufacturing problem maybe?

I got TT too, and it's the same height. Mold difference?
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:57 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:49 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:36 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2011  3:32 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Standard Procedures

Hmm. Mine is shorter than my 145WDs and I just got it. It's the Takara-Tomy version. Manufacturing problem maybe?

I got TT too, and it's the same height. Mold difference?

Not sure. I didn't think mold differences would be found so early but I guess they are. I suppose I have to take pictures.
I'd have to ask you guys to please stop quoting long conversations.
(Apr. 22, 2011  4:19 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: I'd have to ask you guys to please stop quoting long conversations.

Sorry, I fixed all of them.
(Apr. 20, 2011  11:12 PM)Mr. N Wrote: F:D is decent in Defense from what I've gathered.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF Lightning L-Drago CH145RF
Standard Procedures
F:D Win Rate - 80% (2KOs, 6OSs)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF Gravity Perseus (ATK) D125RF
Standard Procedures
F:D Win Rate - 90% (9OSs)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs F:D VS MF Meteo L-Drago CH145RF
Standard Procedres
F:D Win Rate - 100% (2KOs, 8OSs)

Basalt is heavy enough to withstand some Attacks in SF mode, and when F:D switches to RHF mode, it either KOs, OSs, or withstands more Attacks if the Attacker isn't done. I have yet to test against Vulcan, but Vulcan will hit F:D or the bottom of Basalt. If you examine F:D, you will see that it's circular in shape, and if you weigh it, it's almost 6 grams. It should be able to withstand Attacks from Vulcan pretty well. I'll test it on Friday, when I get my Vulcan back.

You read my mind. I was thinking that for a while. Gotta get a Big Bang Pegasis now. I think F:D might be good for anti-meta combos. The Italians are gonnabe all over this.
(Apr. 23, 2011  3:35 PM)Ink. Wrote: You read my mind. I was thinking that for a while. Gotta get a Big Bang Pegasis now. I think F:D might be good for anti-meta combos. The Italians are gonnabe all over this.

You know, the funny thing is that TT recomended Basalt Leone II F:D for an Attack type. Wrong like usual.
(Apr. 23, 2011  3:35 PM)Ink. Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2011  11:12 PM)Mr. N Wrote: FGrin is decent in Defense from what I've gathered.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs FGrin VS MF Lightning L-Drago CH145RF
Standard Procedures
FGrin Win Rate - 80% (2KOs, 6OSs)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs FGrin VS MF Gravity Perseus (ATK) D125RF
Standard Procedures
FGrin Win Rate - 90% (9OSs)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs FGrin VS MF Meteo L-Drago CH145RF
Standard Procedres
FGrin Win Rate - 100% (2KOs, 8OSs)

Basalt is heavy enough to withstand some Attacks in SF mode, and when FGrin switches to RHF mode, it either KOs, OSs, or withstands more Attacks if the Attacker isn't done. I have yet to test against Vulcan, but Vulcan will hit FGrin or the bottom of Basalt. If you examine FGrin, you will see that it's circular in shape, and if you weigh it, it's almost 6 grams. It should be able to withstand Attacks from Vulcan pretty well. I'll test it on Friday, when I get my Vulcan back.

You read my mind. I was thinking that for a while. Gotta get a Big Bang Pegasis now. I think FGrin might be good for anti-meta combos. The Italians are gonnabe all over this.
the italians are most likely gonna really take this combo into consideration because their MF-H G.perseus FGrin combo isnt good at all
(Apr. 23, 2011  3:44 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2011  3:35 PM)Ink. Wrote: You read my mind. I was thinking that for a while. Gotta get a Big Bang Pegasis now. I think FGrin might be good for anti-meta combos. The Italians are gonnabe all over this.

You know, the funny thing is that TT recomended Basalt Leone II FGrin for an Attack type. Wrong like usual.

They..what?
I have seen the proof but why doesn't some one test that...
seems random but we can't know if we haven't tried
Are we saying that F;D is just bad period?