F:D Discussion

so atm this is a useless part,
carp, i waz lookin 4ward 2 gettin it
I think F : D might just be another part that is theoretically interesting though practically sucky.
You guys realize he's using defense-oriented blades. An attack type aims for Stamina type blades. Why don't you try the Earth and Burn wheel next time, I'm sure the 50g Basalt and 47g Libra just absorbing much of the knockdown power. If it doesn't, well... Put that on the "low-tier" like everyone does.
It would of been better if it was f instead of sf so it would have more speed before then sf before it got into rf mode.
Could still have some destabiliser use with a wheel which has attack and destabiliser use like Burn. Could anyone test this? Something like Burn Cancer F:D
Why?
It won't destablize as it will be taller than the Stamina bey.
Don't jump down my throat for something so small. I said could not definatly will be awesome stop being a carp about it. Funnily enough SF is used for destabilisers quite well. And guess what? This has an SF tip! Also it depends largely on the what you're using it against. It may be useful vs 230 combos.
Yes, but don't destabilizers need as much as stamina as they can get? RHF

Never mind. Using F:D as a destabilizer will work against 230 only, since F:D in both of its modes are taller than 145. So a niche destabilizer?
Yes but the way the bottom works isn't useful for attack combos but it probably will be for defence combos. The way I can see it working is that the destabilises the combo with the SF tip retaining some of it's spin and then when the SF tip retracts it can attack the stamina combo with the RHF and knock it out or make it fall over if it's on 230. So yes a niche destabiliser. A good one if it works since at least where I am 230 stamina is dominating in tournaments. If someone could test this that would be awesome.
Yes, but wouldn't the RHF just circle around that stadium?
Maybe. Like I said it's a theory.
Yep. Yes it is indeed. But a Sliding Shot could help. OkiBlaze said that FGrin worked well with the Sliding Shot a couple of times, and a Sliding Shot is what I've been seeing a lack of in videos.
i could be wrong but the SF brings ti toward the center like a 230 stamina does? so when it goes into RHF mode its near the other bey and wouldnt it have a good chance of bashing it hard and knocking it over? i am in america and only have hasbro parts so i cant test but to me the tip seems really good situationaly like u guys say a niche destabilzer but i think it could be good for defence/finsher. just my opinion i could be very wrong tho
Please type better. I didn't really understand the first half of your post. Oh, you have dyslexia. I am truly sorry. Never mind. Forgive my lack of intelligence.

Anyway, I don't see how it can act as a defender, please explain.
like idk gravity perseus FGrin good defence and the SF mode brings it near the center of the stadium with a defence wheel it acts like a defender agaisnt a 230 stamina and then it slows down and its near the other bey and then it goes wild and could hit the stamina hard enough to knock it over acting as the finsher again i cant test becuase only hasbro parts but it is a possibility that it could but again i could be wrong. and i am trying to type better and tis ok i used to it from WoW 8D
Something told me that F: D wouldn't be so violent. The thing is, by the time the RF comes out, the powers all drained. This totally limits the success of the sliding shot as well.
Something told me this wasn't going to do well...haven't been this disapointed since the release of engine gear. Basicly, a good idea with poor engineering put into it. Obviously I had low expectations for these new parts but this was worse than I originaly anticipated
Yea... I had very high hopes for this part, unlike W2D, which is just as good as WD, but this is only good for destabilising as far as I know, but then can deliver a good hit if it succeds with that without being KO'd, as Bey Philospher said.
by the time the RF even is activated it is too late...and i said i had low expectations for this part from the beggining...

and this is a useless destabilizer. SF is much better than this.
Has anyone tested this as a force smasher tip against stamina and other attackers? The shift from SF to RF via weak launching (like what you're supposed to do with XF to prevent it from self-KO) could cause a great force smash against stamina types that just sit in the middle of the stadium due to how quickly the shift occurs. The results for Pegasis show the original LLD results against Basalt Aquario BTW.
F:D's SF --> RHF was a pretty good idea on paper IMO but the end result didn't turn out as expected
even when the spin lowers and releases RHF the spin speed is too low to do any sufficiant damage
(mainly speaking on theory and watching vids on YT since i do not have BBP yet)
although i think F:D will work with some combos
You would think that TT actualy learned something from the Engine Gear line...and now that beyblade is more competative now then it was back then, unless the rest of its parts are decent, then this bey will be useless competitavly, and frankly, this could end up being the entire line. Attack types will definatly suffer with this new line, with defense types more than likely emerging as dominate, causing metagame unbalance
I just got it today and I am getting similar results as Oki. Initially I thought it had to do with the overall weight of the bey, so what I did was use it with Basalt to see if the RF would kick in earlier. Similar results. RF mode still doesnt kick in and performance is inconsistent.

I notice the latches which withdraws the SF peg sometimes gets stuck and it doesnt kick in to RF mode.Although its almost completely in, its almost like a dud CS at times. Even if it did, it ran out of RPM by then to actually do any real damage. I believe the real problem here is the lack of RPM and actual speed for the RF to actually have enough force to knock the opposing bey out.

It's too inconsistent... Still trying to find is there any real effective use for it...
F: D needs to be paired up with heavy, high smash wheels such as Hell. FGrin is actually a very useful bottom because it is incredibly easy to control. Hell, at a low velocity, can still KO, even from the center.

I found a combo that can kill top tiers with this in less than 15 minutes.
(Apr. 02, 2011  7:55 PM)Deikailo Wrote: F: D needs to be paired up with heavy, high smash wheels such as Hell. F:D is actually a very useful bottom because it is incredibly easy to control. Hell, at a low velocity, can still KO, even from the center.

I found a combo that can kill top tiers with this in less than 15 minutes.

Would you mind sharing that with us, or are you going to keep it a secret until you win a tournament with it? Unless that is Hell F:D and I'm stupid.