F:D Discussion

Final Drive isn't the greatest bottom, as many anticipated.

MF Lightning LDrago F:D (Click to View)

MF Pegasis F:D (Click to View)

The SF part of the bottom doesn't have enough traction to keep the beys in the stadium, and they always go flying out of the stadium because of the recoil. Also, sometimes the rubber part of the bottom doesn't activate; it just sits in the middle of the stadium, spinning on the rubber base in place.

Couldn't get too much testing done, sorry. It's currently nighttime here and I don't want to disturb my sleeping family members.
I had a feeling this would happen. I think I even posted something similar to this in the Big Bang Pegasis thread. Was a Sliding Shot performed?
Yes.

There were some times that it worked really well though...it just needs to happen all of the time.
Well, at the moment, things do not seem so bright for F:D, I hope you get time to do more testing.

This was a highly anticipated part, It failed us.

I just would love to see more testing though.

Also, are you sure you're F:D isn't faulty? You had stated that it doesn't activate sometimes. Maybe it would prove it if more people tested.
IIRC F:D is 145+tip height, because of that could you test F:D with gravity when you have the time

i say that because IIRC gravity is the best 145 attacker right now

thanks for the testing
Although, D125 is the currently most successful track [If I Recall Correctly].

Also, if it is truly at 145 + Bottom Height, Vulcan won't do that well on it.
I'm certain Lightning LDrago is the best Attack bey we have at any height, period..
Shame, but perhaps with some practice and experience with this part it could be viable?
Man... if only it was the other way around. Rubber -> sf.

Hopefully ill be able contribute more to this thread soon. Mine is on the way!
Can someone test MF Ray/Burn Cancer/Bull F:D?
I was kinda thinking what Dan wrote. I think its something that will take getting used to. It's something very different. So, hopefully there will be a niche or something along those lines

Approx how long did it take to change to the rubber part?
This is my reason why Final Drive isn't doing so good as of right now.
If the Rubber hole was smaller, I think it would be more effective. Look at my comment at the BBP FGrin thread. Because the hole is big, it has a lesser surface area with the stadium floor (not worded well), and wouldn't inflict as much damage, considering the fact the metal on metal comes with a lot of recoil. If the attacker can smash by using a lot of friction, it smash more effectively while still standing its ground. It's hard to explain, well, for me, hopefully you, the reader, will understand.

Also, the Big Hole Flat part will move rapidly and because it has no grip, it will not move consistently in the same pattern as it would've with more grip. It would circle around the stadium crazily. Like I said in Big Bang Pegasis thread, the big hole causes the bey to move like this old Running Core from the HMS era: Tornado Change Core (Dark Leopard MS), instead of the Blade Base known as Customize Clutch Base from this era, which is part this beyblade, called Dranzer V2.

In a lot of Dranzer V2 videos, it wins because it uses a, sort of, sharper version of a Flat Sharp (It was more effective in the Plastic Generation) which supplies better defense as it is more fusioned actually, my mistake, it is not sharpish, it is a fuesd version of Semi-Flat and Flat Sharp, as to why it has okay attack power and decent defense to stay in the stadium. Then, when the tip is retracted, the more smaller hole flat will finish off since the tip before had somewhat good attack speed to smash the other bey, leaving the hole flat in a easier position, unlike Final Drive which uses a Semi-Flat that has never been useful attack, considering its 145-ish height, which makes it worse. The semi-flat doesn't much that is effective, and the Rubber Hole Flat will just circle around.

I am not saying Customize Clutch base was perfect, because the attack was not good. But if it was manipulated to stay in its Stamina mode longer, the Defense would be better because of its weight, it would outlast the other bey, and the Hole flat will just do the finishing touches when the other bey has had almost all of its spin velocity drained.

I am truly sorry if this post was off-topic at points, or simply was not needed.
So FGrin can change itself from RF to SF in mid-battle?
(Mar. 26, 2011  6:41 PM)Legendary 4 Wrote: So FGrin can change itself from RF to SF in mid-battle?

No, it's the opposite.
you know....you could just leave it as RF when it starts battle....
but it may self-KO itself as the cone shape may not grip the ridge.
(Mar. 26, 2011  6:55 PM)KaizerMFB Wrote: you know....you could just leave it as RF when it starts battle....

You can only leave it as RF if your launch is not hard, so that the tabs don't push out.
(Mar. 26, 2011  6:57 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2011  6:55 PM)KaizerMFB Wrote: you know....you could just leave it as RF when it starts battle....

You can only leave it as RF if your launch is not hard, so that the tabs don't push out.
I'm srry wut?
No SF!
The tabs are in straight in when you launch so it's already RF!
(Mar. 26, 2011  7:34 PM)KaizerMFB Wrote: I'm srry wut?
No SF!

The high velocity obviously makes the tabs go out and it is in "SF mode" at the beginning. If you watched the videos we posted since yesterday you would have seen this.
(Mar. 26, 2011  7:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2011  7:34 PM)KaizerMFB Wrote: I'm srry wut?
No SF!

The high velocity obviously makes the tabs go out and it is in "SF mode" at the beginning. If you watched the videos we posted since yesterday you would have seen this.
Ohhh.....so that's what it does!
I thought it was a clip system.....
anyways maybe F: D has some balance uses.
MF Libra F: D anyone?
I think it is pretty hard to get such a Gimmicky Bottom/track Right.

They have got the Gimmick part right. But its Very hard to get the Gimmick right and High performance.
Anyways its fun to watch it Spin and spin and then Go crazy.
Nope. Read my post above. In the plastic generation, its performance was good because the Semi-Flat mode had somewhat adequately decent attack speed, with somewhat good defense, so it would have some good attack and stay in the stadium, outlasting the bey, and when its stamina is finish, the attack would do the finishing touches.

F:D fails since it can get knocked out easily and as we all know, Semi-Flat lacks attack speed in the MFB, so the attack wheel won't inflict much damage, and when F:D retracts, it move around too fast and the lack of any real grip - read my post above.
When it becomes RF, the bey has lost a lot of Stamina so it cant attack as well as RF.
I'm quite disappointed. I hope F: S isn't like this.
The lack of a grip as well also makes it inflict less damage.
it is still fun to play with, and should be tested for defense. This can be a new defense top tier!
Instead of posting SPAM like that, you should either test it for defense or not post.
It has very little grip despite the rubber, because of the hole. It will also move around fast when retracted. If launched fast in its rubber stage, SF will pop out, which is not a good defense part. If launched weakly in RHF mode, it will have very little spin time, negating any possible defensive use for it. Done.

Forgive me if I am wrong.