Euro 2012 Soccer Finals: Result and Afterthoughts!!!

I didn't see a topic for it, so maybe it's okay to make this topic?

So, who watched the Euro 2012 Championship?

In case you didn't, The Euro 2012 Soccer Finals was held July 1, 2012...

The match was between Spain, who had won the 2010 World Cup, and Italy, who won before them.

In the surprising upset, Spain trounced the Italians 4-0!

Here is a link to foxsports.com's discussion about it:
Spain Wins Euro 2012!

What are your thoughts about how the teams played? What did you like most? What do you think about Spain's victory, or Italy's defeat?

Post away!!!
The Spanish were clearly more skilled in the last game. The Italians just couldn't handle the speed and accuracy of the Spanish passes. All in all, it was an extremely well played game on Spain's behalf!
4-0 Woot Woot!
the last ten minutes killed Italy's chances of winning the match after goals from Torres and Mata
Mario Balotelli was left crying
guess they should change his name from super mario to sober mario
lol
I just liked the fact that Spain was able to win two major cups in a row. They got over the Netherlands for the World Cup in 2010, now here, over Italy for the Euro 2012! I might need to keep my eye on Spain...
I saw the match, and Prandelli erred all:
Chiellini and Marchisio was tired. Thiago motta should not enter!! Must be enter Borini or Diamanti!
But Spain is much stronger than Italy...
The Italian team I saw yesterday did not look like the one which beat/could beat Germany. I was rooting for Germany since the start, but Mario Balotelli was just awesome in the semis(or maybe Neuer wasn't having the best of his days while goalkeeping). However, against Spain, on Sunday, Italy looked like a very weak side, similar to the one which got eliminated in the group in FIFA 2010. Pirlo, Cassano and Di Natale tried to turn the game their way, but in the end, Italy defense was crushed by Spain.
I agree, Italy did not play like they did in 2006. They should've picked up on Spain's tricks in the first half. They never learned...

So sad to see the Euro 2012 end that roughly...
Italy went all that way... 4-Nothing! Haha
Anyways enough of my puns.
I couldn't believe that was the same team I watched beat Germany, they were just... Bad.
A disappointing performance by a talent-spoiled team.

At least, that was my take of the match. I don't analyze soccer and necessarily "know everything," but I could definitely tell the Spaniards came to play, whereas Italy didn't. Every sports match comes down to who wants it more. Italy, it seems, didn't want it nearly as bad as Spain did. 4-0 does not reflect the Italian performance throughout the cup, but it'll surely stick with them. Hopefully it'll become motivation for the 2014 cup. Because that was very embarrassing.
Spain is jerk,first they defeat Nederland and this time they defeat Italy!
(Jul. 11, 2012  2:00 PM)Arema26 Wrote: Spain is jerk,first they defeat Nederland and this time they defeat Italy!

Okay, so you're a jerk because you beat teams in a competitive sport?

Your logic fails me.
Congrats to Spain
(Jul. 11, 2012  2:08 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2012  2:00 PM)Arema26 Wrote: Spain is jerk,first they defeat Nederland and this time they defeat Italy!

Your logic fails me.
You must be a great sportsman Arema26
To call spain Jerks for winning the Euro 2012
*fake clap*
Anyway Congratz to spain For winning 4-0
Congratz again to Spain,but in the World cup Germany/Nederland gonna win the World cup
(Jul. 11, 2012  2:08 PM)Insomniac Wrote:

Your logic fails me.

For the World Cup, Iniesta was on offside when he scored. So, I didn't like Spain winning that way. But, however hard I try to hope Spain lose at least once, they keep winning. At first, I considered them 'jerks' too XD. But now, after seeing them won 4-0, they are far from 'jerks' for me.
I agree. I dunno how Spain works around some of these calls, but yeah, they know how to play...
It was funny when Mario Ballotelli cried...Italy did better than I expected.
(Jul. 13, 2012  1:42 AM)KyubiBey Wrote: It was funny when Mario Ballotelli cried...Italy did better than I expected.

You expected Italy to do worse than an 0-4 loss?
I agree with N0body,in the World cup i am saying Spain jerk too because Spain's goal is offside,but now they winning the cup with fair
Just because you win doesn't mean you're a jerk...

Anyways, I's rootin' fo' Spain from the get-go. Cute
I was kidding with my dad during halftime about how since Spain scored twice in the first half, then it was plausible to suggest that they'd double their score in the second half, but I didn't actually think they would. xD
I was legitimately thinking the match was gonna end 1-1 Spain in the PK, but wow, didn't expect a runaway, and even with that offside goal, they still would've got it 3-0...