Enter Shikari

Okay, I just had to make a thread about these guys. Wink They've been my favorite band for quite some time now and I thought I would shower their glory upon you. Some of you wont like them if your musical tastes aren't on the heavy side of things (mine aren't either though).

Enter Shikari Wikipedia page
Official website

Some of their songs:
Sorry you're not a winner
Juggernauts
No sleep tonight

Their official youtube can be found http://www.youtube.com/user/AmbushReality

From first listenings what are your thoughts?
I loved their first album, although not really feeling their second ... I'll probably need to give it more listens.

Saw them at Reading, was so dusty from all the pits. ;[
(Sep. 03, 2009  5:22 PM)♥ Wrote: I loved their first album, although not really feeling their second ... I'll probably need to give it more listens.

Saw them at Reading, was so dusty from all the pits. ;[

I like the new and old album the same really. Rou's singing got better in the second album and it's less screamo. I kinda see the new and old album as from different bands, Enter Shikari seem to have grown up quite alot since 'Take to the skies'.

Have you ever listened to their older stuff like 'When a jelious man finds a gun' or even the demo versions of 'Take to the skies' song's (i.e Labyrinth) I like 'em because they're edgey and Rou's voice from when he was young is high pitched and amusing.

Ha, i've seen videos of them playing at Reading, everyone was going mad and stage diving. :L

As i've already said somewhere on the WBO, i'm going to see them in October. Can't wait! :]
Yup ... just watched that early version of Labyrinth; wow, his voice.

But yes, their music has changed quite a bit now.
I've learn't a few songs of theirs on Keyboard including Labyrinth, The feast and Mothership. Eventually I will buy a MicroKORG XL and an EMX and do a some covers with a band I know; should be fun.
I love this band now that you have introduced me to them, never heard of them before.
I don't really like the screaming and not enough tune for me so i'm going to have to turn this down.

By the way iHeart, if you want to hear a powerful voice than listen to: Lithium by Evanescense although it's emo music.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4aiH0AiXBE
(Sep. 06, 2009  8:07 PM)Mukilab Wrote: I don't really like the screaming and not enough tune for me so i'm going to have to turn this down.

You'd probably like their second album 'common dreads' better then.
Only about a week and a bit untill I go see these guys, i'm so excited!
Normally I end up over listening to bands and get sick of them, I guess ES are an exception ...
Lets revive a dead thread! (I think i'm talking to myself here)

Enter Shikari are bringing out a new album called 'Tribalism', it is ready to pre order already off their website (check the OP) and should come out late February. It's not really a proper album, it only contains two new songs: Tribalism and Thumper. The rest are remixes, some B-sides etc. Think of it as a companion to 'Common dreads', like what 'The Zone' was to 'Take to the skies'.

One of the two new songs, Thumper, can be listened to here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ6OZaOttS8

Also, I bought a ticket to their gig in Blackpool (6th Feb 2010) Grin

If anyone wants to know, they are touring America early 2010 (check the website for dates) and also Japan and the rest of Europe.
I LOVE Enter Sikari!!!!!My favorite song of theirs s Hello Tyranosourus,Meet Tyrannicide!!!