Energy Layer - Treptune

Hey, I just wanted to try my hand at another draft. What do you think of this one?

'''Treptune''' is a [[Burst System|Energy Layer]] released as part of the [[Burst System]]. It debuted with the release of [[Treptune Heavy Claw]] on September 19, 2015.

[/b]Weight: 9 grams

==Description==
Trident's layer is based on the Greek god Poseidon. Trident is a layer that has three triangular sides, with a trident shaped protrusion in between two of these sides. Being a wide layer, this cuts its stamina, as well as the odd placement of the trident causing bad distribution, this layer has bad stamina due to said width and imbalance, and is not recommended for stamina combos. It also has teeth similar to [[Energy Layer - Roktavor]], shallow and smaller than the ring surrounding it, therefore making it particularly susceptible to Bursting.

==Overall==
This layer, due to its width, bad weight distribution due to it's shape, and its short teeth, make it an outclassed layer, being not very good in any sort of combination.

==Products==
===Takara Tomy===
*B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1 [[Treptune Heavy Claw]]
===Hasbro===
Um isn't Trident?
(Nov. 08, 2016  12:38 PM){YT}Enderz Wrote: Um isn't Trident?

Treptune is the Hasbro name, and the Beyblade Wikia would rather us use Hasbro terminology.
Hm, I think the physical description needs work. "Three triangular sides" means that each side is shaped like a triangular, which is not really the case. Therefore, what you should write is that the overall shape of the Layer is triangular. The flattened, fat arrows at each corner should be described, in my opinion, because in truth the sides in between those corners barely make contact with the opponent.

I will rewrite some parts about the performance afterwards because of some wording. Overall though, the shape does play negatively on it, but its worst trait, from what I have observed, is really its longer width compared to all other Layers, because if you are not compact, then you have bad balance, the weight is spread all over and, importantly, it causes some great imbalance.

Thank you for submitting yet another draft though, this really, really helps.
(Nov. 08, 2016  3:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, I think the physical description needs work. "Three triangular sides" means that each side is shaped like a triangular, which is not really the case. Therefore, what you should write is that the overall shape of the Layer is triangular. The flattened, fat arrows at each corner should be described, in my opinion, because in truth the sides in between those corners barely make contact with the opponent.

I will rewrite some parts about the performance afterwards because of some wording. Overall though, the shape does play negatively on it, but its worst trait, from what I have observed, is really its longer width compared to all other Layers, because if you are not compact, then you have bad balance, the weight is spread all over and, importantly, it causes some great imbalance.

Thank you for submitting yet another draft though, this really, really helps.

OK, sorry about the inaccuracies. I didn't really know how to describe the shape. And thank you for helping on my accuracy. Smile
No problem at all. Trident is a Layer nobody really talks about because it is easy and reasonable to dismiss it, but nobody really explained why either, so that is why I wanted to share my experience with that Layer.
(Nov. 08, 2016  5:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No problem at all. Trident is a Layer nobody really talks about because it is easy and reasonable to dismiss it, but nobody really explained why either, so that is why I wanted to share my experience with that Layer.

I noticed that, actually. I browser through the Trident thread, and all that was really said was that it sucks, and it was way too wide.
How is this draft? I tried to correct the issues that were pointed out.

'''Treptune''' is a [[Burst System|Energy Layer]] released as part of the [[Burst System]]. It debuted with the release of [[Treptune Heavy Claw]] on September 19, 2015.

Weight: 9 grams

==Description==
Trident's layer is based on the Greek god Poseidon. Trident is a Layer that overall has a triangular shape, with a trident shaped protrusion in between two of these sides. On each of these three sides, there are two arrow-like protrusions. As Trident is a wide Layer, this cuts its stamina, as well as the odd placement of the trident and protrusions causing bad distribution, this layer has noticeably poor stamina, especially due to said width, as well as its imbalance, and is not recommended for stamina combos due to these qualities. It also has teeth similar to [[Energy Layer - Roktavor]], shallow and smaller than the ring surrounding them, therefore making this Layer particularly susceptible to Bursting.

==Overall==
This Layer, mainly due to its width, but also due to its bad weight distribution due to its shape, and its short teeth which make it susceptible to bursting, make it outclassed and obsolete, being not very good in any sort of combination.

==Products==
===Takara Tomy===
===Hasbro===
I rewrote some parts mainly to break down some long sentences that became confusing. You know it is bad when a part is so horrible that you have way too much to include in one sentence hah. But you did correct some things I was going to change, and overall you have a great structure, so unless ~Mana~ has something to add, it should be good to go.

Trident Heavy Claw is available at the moment in a limited lottery in store events in Japan. The Trident included there is slightly more yellow than the original version. Also, there was the red(?) version in one of the Random Layer Collection volumes.

(Nov. 09, 2016  1:19 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: '''Treptune''' is a [[Burst System|Energy Layer]] released as part of the [[Burst System]]. It debuted with the release of [[Treptune Heavy Claw]] on September 19, 2015.

==Description==
Trident's layer is based on the Greek god Poseidon. Trident is a Layer that overall has a triangular shape, with a trident-shaped protrusion transcending two of these sides. At the corners of this triangle, there are two arrow heads pointing toward each other. As Trident is a wide Layer, its weight is spread too far out, which causes imbalance and quickly deteriorates stamina in battle. Furthermore, the odd placement of the trident and other protrusions makes this Layer not recommended for any type of customization. These protrusions are either too flat to provide any attack power, too impromptu to not destabilise the Beyblade using it and overall not circular enough to help defend or spin longer. It also has teeth similar to [[Energy Layer - Roktavor]], shallow and smaller than the ring surrounding them, therefore making this Layer particularly susceptible to Bursting.

==Overall==
This Layer has many attributes making it outclassed and obsolete for all kinds of combinations: mainly its width, but also its bad weight distribution due to its shape, and its short teeth which make it vulnerable to being burst.

==Products==
===Takara Tomy===
===Hasbro===
(Nov. 09, 2016  2:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I rewrote some parts mainly to break down some long sentences that became confusing. You know it is bad when a part is so horrible that you have way too much to include in one sentence hah. But you did correct some things I was going to change, and overall you have a great structure, so unless ~Mana~ has something to add, it should be good to go.

Trident Heavy Claw is available at the moment in a limited lottery in store events in Japan. The Trident included there is slightly more yellow than the original version. Also, there was the red(?) version in one of the Random Layer Collection volumes.

(Nov. 09, 2016  1:19 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: '''Treptune''' is a [[Burst System|Energy Layer]] released as part of the [[Burst System]]. It debuted with the release of [[Treptune Heavy Claw]] on September 19, 2015.

==Description==
Trident's layer is based on the Greek god Poseidon. Trident is a Layer that overall has a triangular shape, with a trident-shaped protrusion transcending two of these sides. At the corners of this triangle, there are two arrow heads pointing toward each other. As Trident is a wide Layer, its weight is spread too far out, which causes imbalance and quickly deteriorates stamina in battle. Furthermore, the odd placement of the trident and other protrusions makes this Layer not recommended for any type of customization. These protrusions are either too flat to provide any attack power, too impromptu to not destabilise the Beyblade using it and overall not circular enough to help defend or spin longer. It also has teeth similar to [[Energy Layer - Roktavor]], shallow and smaller than the ring surrounding them, therefore making this Layer particularly susceptible to Bursting.

==Overall==
This Layer has many attributes making it outclassed and obsolete for all kinds of combinations: mainly its width, but also its bad weight distribution due to its shape, and its short teeth which make it vulnerable to being burst.

==Products==
===Takara Tomy===
*BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 [[Energy Layer - Treptune]]
*G4 Lottery Treptune Layer (1st Prize) [[Energy Layer - Treptune]]
===Hasbro===

Ahh, should I add those in there?

EDIT: Added the BG-03 there.
EDIT 2: Added the prize layer as well.
I am not sure exactly, but they are recolours, so I suppose?
(Nov. 09, 2016  2:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I am not sure exactly, but they are recolours, so I suppose?

OK, so how would I write the yellow exclusive one? It doesn't seem to have a code, and I don't remember at which tournaments or events it is given. The red one is in Random Layer 3 if i remember correctly.

EDIT: I added the BG03 in the above draft you made, but not sure on the other yellow one. I don't really know how to name it.
The information and images are here: https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...myPost=451

Essentially, I do not know what you could call it, but the yellow Trident is given away to the first-place winner of a lottery among all Grade 4 tournaments in wbba. stores.
(Nov. 09, 2016  3:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The information and images are here: https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/info_d...myPost=451

Essentially, I do not know what you could call it, but the yellow Trident is given away to the first-place winner of a lottery among all Grade 4 tournaments in wbba. stores.

I just called it G4 Lottery Treptune Heavy Claw, if that's OK with you.
I've just headed to bed, but the draft is coming along nicely so far! I'm impressed, thanks both of you!

I'll give my take on it tomorrow when I have a bit of free time, but I feel all I'll have left to do is a bit of cleanup and rewording really, haha.
(Nov. 09, 2016  3:11 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I just called it G4 Lottery Treptune Heavy Claw, if that's OK with you.

That sounds fair, although technically each part is won separately, not the Beyblade as a whole. I do not know if it should be specified.
(Nov. 09, 2016  3:48 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2016  3:11 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I just called it G4 Lottery Treptune Heavy Claw, if that's OK with you.

That sounds fair, although technically each part is won separately, not the Beyblade as a whole. I do not know if it should be specified.

I'll just specify it as the layer, and that it was the first place prize, if that's OK.

This seems to be what I'm going with:

*G4 Lottery Treptune Layer (1st Prize) [[Energy Layer - Treptune]]

Is it good?
That does sound good, hah.
(Nov. 09, 2016  4:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: That does sound good, hah.

OK, I'll add it to your draft, and wait for ∼Mana∼ to look over it. Smile
This hasbro name sounds surprisingly normal compared to the others. I'm surprised it's not something like Trepstrius.
Hey, just bumping this thread to see what you guys think of the current revision.
I think we were all good and it was just a matter of @[~Mana~] inserting the proper coding and formatting for the article.

Try seeing how other Energy Layer - articles are formatted on Beyblade Wiki right now and perhaps copy everything, replacing only the content sections with what you wrote as well as the name/type/etc.? Worse comes to worst, someone on Beyblade Wiki will notice that it is coded wrong and will correct it for you, hopefully hah.

So, my advice is to publish it right now or at least near the weekend if you have not heard back from ~Mana~.
(Nov. 15, 2016  8:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think we were all good and it was just a matter of @[~Mana~] inserting the proper coding and formatting for the article.

Try seeing how other Energy Layer - articles are formatted on Beyblade Wiki right now and perhaps copy everything, replacing only the content sections with what you wrote as well as the name/type/etc.? Worse comes to worst, someone on Beyblade Wiki will notice that it is coded wrong and will correct it for you, hopefully hah.

So, my advice is to publish it right now or at least near the weekend if you have not heard back from ~Mana~.

OK, thanks. I'll wait on ∼Mana∼ for his opinion on the matter and the formatting. Smile
By the way, you are super close to acquiring the Peridot Face, so keep it up!
(Nov. 15, 2016  8:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, you are super close to acquiring the Peridot Face, so keep it up!

Thank you! I'll try to keep it up! Smile