Energy Layer - Sieg Xcalibur

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Sieg Xcalibur in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-92 Starter Sieg Xcalibur 1 Iron on September 16, 2017.

==Description==
Sieg Xcalibur, like its predecessors Xcalius and Xcalius X2, is an Attack Type Energy Layer based on the legendary sword Excalibur that features a large sword running down the length of the layer, the end of which protrudes from the bottom which acts as the primary point of contact. However, the due to the exaggerated designs around the sword, the contact point doesn't even protrude as far as Xcalius X2's contact point, to make up for this, Sieg Xcalibur has an overall diamond shape as opposed to round, such a shape creates four recoil heavy points of contact. As part of the God Layer System, Sieg Xcalibur features a gimmick; the sword is made of metal, akin to the dragon heads found on Luinor L2, however the tip of the sword is covered in plastic, to reduce the possibility of breaking the opponent's Layer.

The inclusion of metal increases the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Japanese release. However the asymmetrical design of the metal sword means that this Layer is incredibly unbalanced, a trait that drains the stamina of combinations.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-92 Sieg Xcalibur 1 Iron (translucent red and blue)
==Hasbro==
Yes, I know this is early
I'm just making a base for this that can be updated when testing comes along, as such an overall section is being withheld for now. I'm hopeful for good results though.
Add the weight which is 16.2 grams. This draft is really good in my opinion.
(Sep. 16, 2017  7:09 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: [Hasbro Name], known as Sieg Xcalibur in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-92 Starter Sieg Xcalibur 1 Iron on September 16, 2017.

==Description==
Sieg Xcalibur, like its predecessors Xcalius and Xcalius X2, is an Attack Type Energy Layer based on the legendary sword Excalibur that features a large sword running down the length of the layer, the end of which protrudes from the bottom which acts as the primary point of contact. However, the due to the exaggerated designs around the sword, the contact point doesn't even protrude as far as Xcalius X2's contact point. To make up for this, Sieg Xcalibur has an overall diamond shape as opposed to round as such a shape creates four recoil heavy points of contact. As part of the God Layer System, Sieg Xcalibur features a gimmick; the sword is made of metal, akin to the dragon heads found on Luinor L2. However the tip of the sword is covered in plastic, to reduce the possibility of breaking the opponent's Layer.

The inclusion of metal increases the weight of the Layer, granting higher inertia that increases both Knock-Out and Burst Attack as well as increasing the Layer's Burst resistance as the high inertia resists teeth skipping, a property that compliments the tall teeth of the Japanese release. However the asymmetrical design of the metal sword means that this Layer is incredibly unbalanced, a trait that drains the Stamina of combinations and can break a combination's banking pattern.

However, the large gap where the hilt of the sword lies is liable to denting and even chipping due to how thin the molding is. While not enough to completely break Sieg Xcalibur, if one is fearful of possible performance changes or simply dislikes the damaged appearance they may want to own multiple copies of this Layer

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Sieg Xcalibur can be put to use in the attack combination (MGC) Sieg Xcalibur 2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex Xtreme/Atomic/Trans. The heavy weight of 2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex bolsters Sieg Xcalibur's Burst potential while the Layer's strong teeth and weight can compensate for the increased Burst risk. Xtreme makes the combination a Mobile Attack Type and its high speed further increases Burst potential while its friction can reduce the risk of banking pattern loss by Sieg Xcalibur's unbalanced nature while Atomic makes the combination a Stationary Attack Type and its stability and Stamina can off set the low Stamina posed by Sieg Xcalibur's unbalanced nature. Trans is capable of performing both tasks but at the cost of possible pattern loss in Attack Mode and stability and Stamina loss in Stamina mode.

==Overall==
Overall, Sieg Xcalibur features a recoil heavy design, heavy weight and strong teeth making it a top-tier Energy Layer for attack combinations. While the unbalanced design is liable to throwing off a combinations banking pattern and reduces stamina, its high Burst potential makes it on par with Legend Spriggan. As such, Sieg Xcalibur is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-92 Sieg Xcalibur 1 Iron (translucent red and blue)
==Hasbro==
add trans
(Oct. 14, 2017  8:11 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: add trans

I don't know. Attack mode would have too little friction and it would lose its banking pattern far too easily so you'd end up just circling around the opponent which is the last thing you want to do with Sieg Xcalibur
Trans does very nice rush shoot pattern for me.
(Oct. 14, 2017  7:48 PM)Bersilus Wrote: Trans does very nice rush shoot pattern for me.

Very well, added
My sX has a lot of damage and I've only had it a few days.
(Oct. 19, 2017  6:47 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote: My sX has a lot of damage and I've only had it a few days.

Damage as in dents and white areas?
(Oct. 19, 2017  7:59 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2017  6:47 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote: My sX has a lot of damage and I've only had it a few days.

Damage as in dents and white areas?
Yes. Should I be worried?
(Oct. 19, 2017  8:26 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2017  7:59 PM)Mage Wrote: Damage as in dents and white areas?
Yes. Should I be worried?

Nope, the blue plastic on sX is meant to be softer so it doesn't break
(Oct. 19, 2017  9:38 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2017  8:26 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote: Yes. Should I be worried?

Nope, the blue plastic on sX is meant to be softer so it doesn't break
Oh ok
I wonder how much this would be in grams cause on my sieg Xcalibur I put a metal God chip on it and I put 7 bump and the octa driver on it
(Mar. 19, 2018  5:10 AM)jamie Wrote: I wonder how much this would be in grams cause on my sieg Xcalibur I put a metal God chip on it and I put 7 bump and the octa driver on it

a little less than MGC-sX.0B.Ω