Energy Layer: Kerbeus K2/Kaiser Kerbeus

Quote:Kerbeus K2 is an Energy Layer and is part of the Dual Layer System in the Burst line. It debuted in the Booster Kerbeus K2 Limited Press.

Description

*Weight: 7 grams

Kerbeus K2 is a round and thick Energy Layer designed for defense. The center of the Layer depicts three canine heads like the Layer's namesake, the mythological three headed hound Cerberus, each with flames pouring out from the sides of their mouths. Consisting of a chain-like bottom layer and a six bladed top layer, every other "link" in the chain layer protrudes outwards slightly and each blade on the top layer features a large gap in between. While these features may imply that this layer has a lot of recoil, due to its height, typically only the chain layer comes into contact with the opposing Beyblade and the slight protrusions are too shallow to cause any noticeable recoil and subsequent stamina loss. Because of this Kerbeus K2 exhibits exhibits excellent defensive and stamina properties in ideal conditions. However this layer exhibits one major weakness, when the Beyblade is knocked off balance the top layer will come into contact with the opposing Beyblade, due to the aforementioned large gaps between each blade, Kerbeus K2 will then become very likely to lose by Burst Finish. Thus when using this Energy Layer it is critical to pair it with a Performance Tip with great stability.

Product List

Use in Customizations

Summary

Overall Kerbeus K2 is a great and commonly available defensive Energy Layer, however its still outclassed by other Layers such as Odax and its dependence on stability somewhat restricts customization options. While not the best, this Layer is a welcome addition to any Blader's collection.

I've tried my best at making a draft for this Layer. Unfortunately I don't know all the products where this Layer is available from and I feel that due to the importance of stability there should be a Recommended Combinations section and since I'm still a novice I'm not qualified to put in any combos myself. If there are any other flaws, please let me know.
Wombat has been keeping track of where parts have been released here, so it's always good to use that for reference.

The description seems pretty solid as is. I'm not sure what more I'd add to it at this point, but combinations might be worth noting if we're nodding towards the part having potential. Does anyone have any suggested combos for this part?

Otherwise, the rest of the basis is here:

Code:
{{Part Infobox
|Image=LayerKaiserKerbeus.png
|Name=Kerbeus K2
|PartType=Energy Layer
|Abbreviation=K2
|Weight=7 grams
|AttackStat=0
|DefenseStat=4
|StaminaStat=1
|WeightStat=2
|SpeedStat=2
|BurstStat=2
}}
'''Kerbeus K2''', known in Japan as {{Translation|Kaiser Kerbeus|カイザーケルベウス|''Kaizā Kerubesu''}}, is an [[Energy Layer]] released as part of the [[Dual Layer System]]. It debuted with the release of [[Kerbeus K2 Limited Press]] on April 2nd, 2016.

==Description==
<!--Only information about the real product please. Anime and manga details are irrelevant.-->
<!--Please wrap the content in this section in <onlyinclude> tags to enable the import.-->
Kerbeus K2 is a round and thick Energy Layer designed for defense. The center of the Layer depicts three canine heads like the Layer's namesake, the mythological three headed hound Cerberus, each with flames pouring out from the sides of their mouths. Consisting of a chain-like bottom layer and a six bladed top layer, every other "link" in the chain layer protrudes outwards slightly and each blade on the top layer features a large gap in between. While these features may imply that this layer has a lot of recoil, due to its height, typically only the chain layer comes into contact with the opposing Beyblade and the slight protrusions are too shallow to cause any noticeable recoil and subsequent stamina loss.

Because of this Kerbeus K2 exhibits exhibits excellent defensive and stamina properties in ideal conditions. However this layer exhibits one major weakness, when the Beyblade is knocked off balance the top layer will come into contact with the opposing Beyblade, due to the aforementioned large gaps between each blade, Kerbeus K2 will then become very likely to lose by Burst Finish. Thus when using this Energy Layer it is critical to pair it with a Performance Tip with great stability.
===Use in Defense Combinations===
Missing
==Overall==
Kerbeus K2 is a great and commonly available defensive Energy Layer, however its still outclassed by other Layers such as Odax and its dependence on stability somewhat restricts customization options. While not the best, this Layer is a welcome addition to any Blader's collection.
==Products==
<!--Complete this section in a list format.-->
===Takara Tomy===
*B-37 Kaiser Kerbeus Limited Press (Green)
*B-49 [[Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil .G.Y]] - 04: [[Kerbeus K2 Gravity Variable]]
*B-49 [[Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil .G.Y]] - 04: [[Kerbeus K2 Knuckle Revolve]]
*BG-03 [[Random Layer Collection Vol. 3]]
*B-65 [[Ultra Reshuffle Set Speed Ver.]] - [[Kerbeus K2 Down Orbit]]
===Hasbro===
*B9490 [[Kerbeus K2 Limited Press]]
==Gallery==
===Takara Tomy===
<gallery position="center" widths="130">
LayerKaiserKerbeus.png|Official image (B-37)
</gallery>
===Hasbro===
<gallery position="center" widths="130">
</gallery>

==Trivia==

==References==
{{reflist}}

{{Burst System Parts}}
I noticed a bit of a mistake. The K2 in RB 3 has Gravity instead of Knuckle (the Variable one)
Fixed the mistake. Thanks!

Alright, this draft hasn't moved since I templated it, so let's get it posted without combinations. They aren't inherently required anyway, haha.

Thanks for getting this written up MonoDragon!
[quote pid='1354487' dateline='1481784326']
Quote:Kerbeus K2 is an Energy Layer and is part of the Dual Layer System in the Burst line. It debuted in the Booster Kerbeus K2 Limited Press.

Description

Weight: 7.82 grams

Kerbeus K2 is a round and thick Energy Layer designed for defense. The center of the Layer depicts three canine heads like the Layer's namesake, the mythological three headed hound Cerberus, each with flames pouring out from the sides of their mouths. Consisting of a chain-like bottom layer and a six bladed top layer, every other "link" in the chain layer protrudes outwards slightly and each blade on the top layer features a large gap in between. While these features may imply that this layer has a lot of recoil, due to its height, typically only the chain layer comes into contact with the opposing Beyblade and the slight protrusions are too shallow to cause any noticeable recoil and subsequent stamina loss.  However this layer exhibits one major weakness, when the Beyblade is knocked off balance the top layer will come into contact with the opposing Beyblade, due to the aforementioned large gaps between each blade, Kerbeus K2 will then become very likely to lose by Burst Finish,also due to the fact this layer possess less stamina and weight than other Top-Tier Defense/Stamina layers such as Maximum Garuda and Alter Chronus,it is outclassed by them and is no longer useful for competitive play.
==Overall==
Kerbues K2 was once a Top-Tier and commonly available layer for Defense Customizations but with the introduction of God Layer System,It has been out classed due to its poor stamina and low weight.As a result Kerbeus K2 is suitable for collection-purposes only.
==Differences in Hasbro Version===
The Hasbro release of Kerbeus K2,like other hasbro energy layers is made of softer plastic. As a result, its stamina is even lowered so it is outclassed by other layers which have similar defensive properties but more stamina such as  Yegdrion,Kerbeus and Yegdrion Y2. However in the absence of the the aforementioned layers Kerbeus K2 can still be used in Defense Customization due to its round shape and good slopes.
==Use in Defense Customization==
Kerbeus K2 can be put to use in Defense Customization Kerbeus K2 Heavy/Knuckle/Down/Spread/Gravity Survive/Defense/Press/Needle/Revolve.Survive/Revolve grants this combo good stamina which is crucial to this layer and also increases burst defense while using Defense/Press/Needle increase KO Resistance at the the cost of Stamina.Using Heavy/Gravity can provide more KO defense while using Knuckle/Spread/Downn can increase Burst defense

==Overall==
Overall Kerbeus K2 is a decent and commonly available defensive Energy Layer, however its still outclassed by other Layers such as Yegdrion and its dependence on stability somewhat restricts customization options. While not the best, this Layer is a welcome addition to any Blader's collection.
Product List
==Takara-Tomy==
  • B-37 Kaiser Kerbeus Limited Press (green)
  • B-49 08 Kaiser Kerbeus Knuckle Variable (Random Booster Vol. 3) (grey)
  • B-49 04 Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Revolve (Random Booster Vol. 3) (red orange)
  • BG-03 Random Layer Collection Vol. 3 (white)
  • B-65 Kaiser Kerbeus Down Orbit (Beyblade Super Custom Set Speed Ver.) (translucent yellow)

[/quote]
Made some edits.
(Jul. 28, 2017  5:22 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2016  7:45 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I've tried my best at making a draft for this Layer. Unfortunately I don't know all the products where this Layer is available from and I feel that due to the importance of stability there should be a Recommended Combinations section and since I'm still a novice I'm not qualified to put in any combos myself. If there are any other flaws, please let me know.

Made some edits.u sure about the weight being 7g?

It's Ygdreion Y2/Yugen Ygdreion.
(Jul. 28, 2017  5:30 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2017  5:22 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Made some edits.u sure about the weight being 7g?

It's Ygdreion Y2/Yugen Ygdreion.

thanks for telling i fixed it.