Earth Virgo GB145BS article draft!

Face:
The face on this Beyblade depicts Virgo, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Virgo
Weight: 3.0 grams
The original release of the Virgo clear wheel is a semitransparent gold color. It is composed of smooth, curled lines which give it the overall appearance of the hair of the Virgo, the symbol it's design is influenced by.

Metal Wheel: Earth
Weight: 31.0 / 33.0 grams
Earth has four thick, textured wings surrounding its perimeter, with each pair facing each other on a slight incline. The space created between the wings is quite small, and the resulting effect is the same of any Wheel that has no spaces, such as Libra; zero recoil. Though it is on the lighter side of Metal Wheels, its almost unperturbed circular design, and zero recoil make it one of the best, if not the best, Defense-oriented Wheel currently available for competitive play. The mold in all current Virgos are mold 2.

IMPORTANT: Mold Variations

Earth Metal Wheel (second mold)
Earth has two different molds. The first mold was released in BB-47 Starter Earth Aquila 145WD, and the second in Sonokong starter sets, and the event special MF Earth Aquila 105HF/S. The second mold addressed breaking problems that the original mold faced by modifying the inside of each of Earth's wings. The new mold is up to three grams heavier than the old mold (30-31 grams versus 33 grams on the new mold), which makes it significantly more effective for Defense customizations. Therefore, the new mold is the preferred choice for Defense customs using Earth, while the original mold would be the best for Stamina.

Use in Defense Customization
Earth is best utilized in the staple Defense customization, MF Earth Aquario/Bull C145/GB145WB. The heavy weight of the Metal Face, and GB145/C145 make it difficult to knock around. C145 provides exceptional Defense against low Attackers such as Quetzalcoatl 90RF with its three movable wings and GB145 provides defense against tall smash attackers with its heavy and wide base. And to top it off, WB is able to withstand powerful Attacks due to its wide surface area.

Use in Stamina Customization
Earth also has exceptional Stamina capabilities because of its attributes. Earth can be utilized in the top-tier Stamina custom, Earth Gemios DF145SD. Gemios is chosen due to it being the lightest Clear Wheel available.

Track: GB145
Weight: 4.5 grams
GB145 has something that no other tracks have: metal balls.
When spinning rapidly, the metal balls in GB145's base roll up the ramps inside to a position closer to the outside of the blade. This gives a higher center of gravity and increased stability, due to a more uniform distribution of overall weight. As the blade slows down, the force of gravity overcomes the centrifugal force and the metal balls roll back down the ramps towards the center of the blade. This hampers balance and stability, but increases spin time. The concept is to essentially remain motionless (in the lateral plane) for the first half of the battle, and then outlast the opponent's blade near the end. This design is much like Draciel Metal Ball Defenser's metal ball base, but fixes the problem that the metal ball base had; the ramps are slightly steeper.

Use in Defense Customization:
Though MF Earth Bull C145WB and MF Earth Bull GB145WB are both equally good defense customizations, there is a way to know which is the smartest choice. When facing low attackers like Quetzalcoatl 90RF, use the C145 track, when facing tall smashers like MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF, use the GB145 track. The GB145 track works together with the metal wheel to act almost like an addition to the lower part of it, while the C145 track, usually, defends on it's own to stop upper attackers.

Bottom: Ball Sharp
Weight: 1 gram
BSs performance is quite similar to that of S. BS offers very little movement and as such gives no Attack potential. The pointed tip allows for very little friction between the Bottom and the stadium surface, which helps prevent the loss of spin velocity. BS has decent Stamina, but because the tip is so fine, it experiences the same balance issues that S does. Both D and SD are much better choices.

Use in Stamina Customization:
If you don't have access to D or SD, BS can be used to some degree of effectiveness in Stamina customs such as Virgo DF145BS.

Other Versions:
Earth Virgo T125ES - Beyblade Deck Entry Set (Red)

Overall:
Earth is currently the best defense metal wheel available, and GB145 is one of the best defense-oriented tracks available. Fortunately, though Takara-Tomy only released this as a prize from Random Booster Vol. 4 Mirage Virgo, Sonokong released this as a starter set. This should be a must-buy for anyone even thinking about defense.

Comments/suggestions?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

(Jun. 12, 2010  3:16 AM)Sora. Wrote: Use in Stamina Customization
Earth also has exceptional Stamina capabilities because of its attributes. Earth can be utilized in the top-tier Stamina custom, Earth Gemios DF145SD. Gemios is chosen due to it being the lightest Clear Wheel available.

Other Versions:
Earth Virgo GB145BS - Beyblade Deck Entry Set (Red)

Comments/suggestions?

1. Gemios...
2. Not Earth Virgo GB145BS, it's Earth Virgo T125ES
This is a pretty good first attempt! Thanks for taking the time to do it! However, I don't believe it is at Beywiki quality just yet. I'm not satisfied with the GB145 description. It could be worded better and expanded upon, but it is a decent base to work from should you or someone else want to expand (I would, but I don't have GB145 yet).

If no one else ends up doing it, I'll go over this when school is out and I have more time.
(Jun. 12, 2010  3:16 AM)Sora. Wrote: Overall:
Earth mold 2 is currently the best Defense metal wheel available, and GB145 is one of the best defense oriented tracks available. Fortunately, though Takara-Tomy only released this as a prize from Random Booster Vol. 4 Mirage Virgo, Sonokong released this as a starter set. This should be a must-buy for anyone even thinking about defense.

The original TakaraTomy Random Booster Vol.4 did not include the 2nd mold of Earth.
Okay, I'm pretty sure I've fixed most of this, so... Anything else?
Good attempt, I like how much detail you put into GB145. But to start, the top tier defense combo isn't gemios. It's bull. And also, there is already a article on Virgo. Nice try, but no dice...
(Nov. 16, 2010  4:50 AM)AngelicSight Wrote: Good attempt, I like how much detail you put into GB145. But to start, the top tier defense combo isn't gemios. It's bull. And also, there is already a article on Virgo. Nice try, but no dice...

Umm that post is months old.
(Nov. 16, 2010  4:50 AM)AngelicSight Wrote: Good attempt, I like how much detail you put into GB145. But to start, the top tier defense combo isn't gemios. It's bull. And also, there is already a article on Virgo. Nice try, but no dice...

This is way too old.
And he was talking about stamina for Gemios. Not defense.
seriosly why did you revive this?
Hate to revive this, but the wiki article states: "The second mold of Earth is included with Earth Virgo GB145BS".

Could we clarify this to say that the one in the TT random booster v.4 uses mold 1, while the sonokong blade uses mold 2. I was quite confused about this and did some googling.

I have the one from the booster and confirm that it's mold 1. I also don't see a picture of mold 1 in the wiki. Would you like me to take a picture?
You do realize you could have edited the article yourself right? Just log into the wiki and you'll be able to edit articles. Also unless there is any physical difference there's no point posting another pic of an Earth wheel.
Yes i knew that but precisely i wanted to seek permision instead of just changing it immediately without mentioning it here first.

But thanks ultra, i'll edit it later and yes, there's slight physical difference. Thanks again!