EA, Activision, Microtransactions and DLC

Many people is complaining about things like microtransactions and DLCs this last few months, I am gonna give you my opinion.

-Videogame companies are there to make money, plus videogames are deluxe products.

-Videogame are really expensive to produce, they have really good graphics and companies have to earn money, if not houndreds of people would be fired out.

As you can see, I am not a DLC/Microtransaction hater even though I never bought a single DLC and only payed 10$ on Clash of Clans, ¡give me your opinion!
There's plenty of people who have debunked those reasons you have and many others have tried to justify...

I just feel they're a cancer that's evolving. Sometimes I rather go to indie games or old school titles so I don't have to be bombarded by those.
Take Two spent more than 265 millon dollars to produce the "Basic" GTA V, plus all the bug fixes and free adicional content, if you think that's easy for them to get benefits, well, I think you should think it twice
(Nov. 19, 2017  4:15 PM)aggregor941 Wrote: Many people is complaining about things like microtransactions and DLCs this last few months, I am gonna give you my opinion.

-Videogame companies are there to make money, plus videogames are deluxe products.

-Videogame are really expensive to produce, they have really good graphics and companies have to earn money, if not houndreds of people would be fired out.

As you can see, I am not a DLC/Microtransaction hater even though I never bought a single DLC and only payed 10$ on Clash of Clans, ¡give me your opinion!

nobody forces anyone to buy it so I don't get why so many people are complaining.
(Nov. 19, 2017  7:36 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2017  4:15 PM)aggregor941 Wrote: Many people is complaining about things like microtransactions and DLCs this last few months, I am gonna give you my opinion.

nobody forces anyone to buy it so I don't get why so many people are complaining.

Yes you aren't forced in the traditional sense.
But when game companies design the game around the box like SWBF2 and bones progression to it. AAso giving a huge advantage compared to non spenders, it' only a matter of time before all AAA games end up like that. 

It is exactly at this moment when we have global media's attention we have to fight against such greedy tactics.

AAA games shouldn't have microtransactions these aren't free to play mobile games

(Nov. 19, 2017  7:21 PM)aggregor941 Wrote: Take Two spent more than 265 millon dollars to produce the "Basic" GTA V, plus all the bug fixes and free adicional content, if you think that's easy for them to get benefits, well, I think you should think it twice
Watch and learn videos from the other side and you'l
 See they made more than enough for plenty of things.
If it's a free to play game or from an indie developer who don't have huge bank accounts it's understandable for the funds part.

But when mainstream huge developers and publishers do it. It's cancer

Anyways if you enjoy having all your games riddled with microtransactions then go ahead, but don't forget your reaction was similar to many when they first started DLC. So many companies end up chopping content from the game or even day 1 DLC and eventually led to all these.

So unless you love playing games where either you pay or you'll lose. Yeah you can carry on believing it's fine.
(Nov. 19, 2017  5:41 PM)Bersirlus Wrote: There's plenty of people who love D-Bal and have debunked those reasons you have and many others have tried to justify...

I just feel they're a cancer that's evolving. Sometimes I rather go to indie games or old school titles so I don't have to be bombarded by those.

I'm fine with lootboxes. They're fun. I'm just not fine with being able to purchase them with real money. That's gambling.