Duo [Spark FX] Discussion

So, Hasbro ruined another part. :\ Oh well, what do you expect. It's another Spark FX. I just hope that they have the decency to release the Hyperblade version.

I don't have a TT Duo to compare it to, but Spark FX Duo is almost COMPLETELY hollowed out. I don't have any means of weighing it or taking a picture, but you can search for an unboxing on YouTube to get an idea of how hollowed out it is.

Because of that, its potential for Defense is ruined.

MF-H Duo Cygnus BD145RDF VS MF-H Flash Escolpio GB145R²F
Standard Procedures
Duo Cygnus - 4/20 (3OS, 1 Flash self-KO)
Flash Escolpio - 16/20 (4OS, 12KO)
Duo Cygnus Win Rate - 20%

Keep in mind that I'm still trying to get used to using Attack types. If I was better at using them, Duo would've been completely obliterated.
The Duo wins were because of wall-saves or lucky misses at the beginning.
On the Flash self-KO, Duo exited the stadium 2-3 seconds after. It was really close.
The Flash OS's were from BD145 scrapes or stalling after a clean hit.

So, its Stamina isn't that great either.

Duo Cancer AD145WD VS Phantom Cancer AD145WD
Standard Procedures
Duo Cancer - 1/20 (1KO)
Phantom Cancer - 19/20 (15OS, 4KO)
Duo Cancer Win Rate - 5%

The Duo KO was from a wall-save, of course.
There's pretty much nothing to be said here. Duo wasn't even close lol.

So, in conclusion, Spark FX Duo sucks. This thread is a "Discussion" but there's nothing to discuss. Its lack of weight just ruins its potential for anything. I'm open to requests, but I don't know what you would expect.
Ah you beat me to the draw. I got Metal Fury Duo a while ago and then I got sick and completely forgot about posting the tests. I played around with the Hasbro Duo quite a bit on Uwik's Duo 230MB setup and it didn't do as bad as I thought it would. Might post some tests later on today.
Oh yeah, I forgot about 230MB.

That's acutally quite interesting. Does it work like the TT Duo works or does it work differently? I'm just curious since there is a big weight difference. Speaking of weight difference, if you have a scale, could you weigh this Duo? I just want to know how light it is.
I would still like to know more about this part.
You see, we get members in the Build Me A Combo thread who have just these Metal Fury beys. As there's so little information available related to them, it actually becomes tough to give them combos, haha!
Thanks for the testing, Mr. N (oh, its been so long since I saw you!)
I see. Well, I'll try some other things, like tests against MLD, I guess.
Welcome back Mr. N, good to have you back~

Hasbro, you disgust me, ruining Duo? At least Flash is OK

Yeah, MLD tests and the 230MB would be great, trying it as an Anti-Meta possible?
(Dec. 28, 2012  6:08 PM)Kujikato Wrote: Welcome back Mr. N, good to have you back~

Hasbro, you disgust me, ruining Duo? At least Flash is OK

Yeah, MLD tests and the 230MB would be great, trying it as an Anti-Meta possible?

Please, everyone, for the love of God stop saying "omg hasbro how could you ruin this part because blah blah blah"

I'm sick of it. It has been going on since we first saw the underside of Cosmic for the first time, and that was months ago.

I also find it astounding you add "at least Flash is OK"
Comparing Spark FX and Hyperblades is simply stupid. The two are totally different in almost every way. Duo will most likely see a Hyperblades release eventually, so quit whining. If it doesn't, get over it.

Anyways, as for tests... I'll have defense tests up later today, I've done some solo spin times as of now.

BB-10
Beylauncher equipped with Launcher Rubber
Spiral Herculeo S130WDs WD, fresh out of the box. Never used before.

Duo Cancer W145WD:
3:17
2:46
3:02

Duo (SFX Ver.) Cancer W145WD:
2:40
2:28
2:18

Not as good as the original, but still a force to be reckoned with in Hasbro's metagame, excluding HB Phantom.

Some photos:
Wait what...

*Epic fail*
It's the Spark version of Duo? Kinda makes sense then...

Sorry bout that Rai. Hoping for the Hyperblade version then.
Rai- Ooh! Thanks for that!
This means, duo is the best choice for defence/stamina among the hasbro metal fury/spark fx? So it can be suggested for combos now?
Current MWs to choose from while making combos for Hasbro-limited bladers-
Earth, Basalt, Hell, Scythe, Duo, Phantom

From what I know, basalt should still be superior to all. is duo the second best?
Well, since Hyperblades are just about out all over the place by now, it shouldn't be too hard to get Hyperblade Phantom, which is superior to all of them for Stamina. Otherwise, I think we need more tests to determine where Spark FX Duo should stand.
Whoops! Completely forgot that thr hyperblades are out already! Chocked_2
Derp!
Why can't we have at least one good Defence/Stamina MW!? Why Hasbro...just....why.

EDITConfusedorry Janastarblast.I didn't really see Raigeko13's post
Gee, do people even read this...
Its a spectacular representation of the viewpoint of all members in general...

(Dec. 28, 2012  7:18 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Please, everyone, for the love of God stop saying "omg hasbro how could you ruin this part because blah blah blah"

I'm sick of it. It has been going on since we first saw the underside of Cosmic for the first time, and that was months ago.

I also find it astounding you add "at least Flash is OK"
Comparing Spark FX and Hyperblades is simply stupid. The two are totally different in almost every way. Duo will most likely see a Hyperblades release eventually, so quit whining. If it doesn't, get over it.

I would actually like to see a Duo 230MB setup, as Mr. N and Meow! mentioned above. does it wobble as much, and does it still have a grinding effect that the TT Duo has?
Oh yes, everyone is interested in that, haha! But with the sheer weight difference, I don't expect this Duo to do even half as well as a TT Duo...
Its been a general rule that Wobblers/Force Smash Wheels/ARs are heavy enough...
Well, Meow! said that it didn't do as bad as he thought, so we just have to wait for his results. (I don't have MB, and I have no idea how to get one)
Well, I didn't read that meow found it decent, haha!

Easiest way to get MB- Hasbro Poison Zurafa S130MB
This thing, despite its cookie cutter shape, is actually really good for stamina in the Hasbro metagame.

MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB (Spark FX) vs Phantom Orion AD145WD (TT)
Duo: 10/10 (All OS)
Phantom: 0/10 (N/A)

Duo Win Rate: 100%

Somehow, Duo was able to destabilize Phantom and at the end, as they were both tilting, Duo would be able to tilt at extreme angles and win. It is crazy how far this thing can tilt. It can be pretty much be horizontal and still not fall over. I'll have a video of this match-up coming soon. I don't think I got any of the extreme tilts though.

MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB (Spark FX) vs Phantom Orion 230D (TT)
Duo: 0/10 (N/A)
Phantom: 10/10 (All OS)

Duo Win Rate: 0%

Now this was really weird. My guess was that Duo was not able to destabilize.

I definitely wanna try Duo SR200MB or TH170MB. Perhaps using a lower height could enable Duo to get under Phantom 230 but still go over Phantom 145.
Duo's doing decent at wobbling and destabilizing, I guess.

One question. Does Duo have an overhang like the TT one does?
Yes, it does.
That seems pretty promising, but it'd probably be wrecked by Attack types. Nevertheless, the results are just as impressive as the TT variant, and I'll try to test this if I can get MB.
Video:

I still can't get it to OS Phantom 230D.....so currently, Phantom 230D is probably the best stamina type in the Hasbro game. Duo 230MB coming in second.

BTW for those who were wondering, Duo 230MB pretty much dwarfs both Basalt and Hell in stamina, but I'm not sure how much use either of them will get with Phantom out.
Hi, i just relised that this Duo(Hasbro Spark FX) can counter dragoon just like the Takara Tomy version. If anybody wants me to test something with this combo MF-H Duo(Hasbro Spark FX) Bull SA165BWD i will test it for you. But i will be posting tests with this combo and videos also.
You definitely should do so, I think this Duo has potential, despite the hollow insides.
(Oct. 13, 2013  9:24 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: You definitely should do so, I think this Duo has potential, despite the hollow insides.

The only problem with (Spark FX Hasbro) Duo is the weight it could get KOd more than Takara Duo.