Dunno if people are interested

But the amount of carp that happens in the world daily is rather scary:

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index.php?lang=eng

That's pretty much a map that tells you about near enough everything from Epidemics, vehicle crashes and earthquakes that happen everyday, It's a bit worrying Chocked_2.

Oh yeah, and people who live in Canada, one of your largest ice shelves disappeared from existence yesterday O_O
Wow thats pretty helpful excellent find dude.
(Sep. 04, 2008  3:04 PM)Litrid Wrote: Wow thats pretty helpful excellent find dude.

I can't tell if youre being serious or sarcastic XD
(Sep. 04, 2008  2:48 PM)Gekiryu Wrote: Oh yeah, and people who live in Canada, one of your largest ice shelves disappeared from existence yesterday O_O

we didn't want it anyway
I heard that because of global warming the amount of hurricanes are decreasing, but the amount of INTENSE hurricanes are INCREASING. Though, I hope I live on Mars or the moon so I don't have to worry about the Earth XP
Am I the only person who just doesn't stress over stuff like this?
Nah, I think it's part of the Earths NAtural cycle. Also it's pretty cold at my house. My friend's saying it's going to snow mad early. I don't really pay attention to Glabal warming.

Though I still like green Idias because they own! (and solar power I find VERY interesting.)
(Sep. 04, 2008  10:48 PM)AnnieDuck Wrote: yes
(Sep. 04, 2008  10:48 PM)AnnieDuck Wrote: yes

Why did you just type yes and to which person... I didn't really understand it =/
obviously it's to me :\
Ahh well I don't really care about global warming or melting Iceshelfs.
(Sep. 04, 2008  11:03 PM)James Wrote: Ahh well I don't really care about global warming or melting Iceshelfs.

most of your country is going to be underwater fyi
(Sep. 04, 2008  11:03 PM)James Wrote: Ahh well I don't really care about global warming or melting Iceshelfs.

i do

and i do what little i can to help

really, IMO there is a difference between being apathetic about something and jut trying to not worry about it too much

to say "I don't really care about global warming" is pretty ignorant
i don't see how this map is scary.
it seems like maybe a few dozen people update it every so often.

there are atleast 5 car crashes a day in calgary,
usually a fatal one every once every few days.
i dont see anything in calgary, let alone alberta..
(Sep. 04, 2008  11:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: to say "I don't really care about global warming" is pretty ignorant

lol not really

i don't care because i'll be dead before things really go down
and, i won't have kids, so no need to worry about my offspring

:>
(Sep. 05, 2008  1:43 AM)J.P. Black Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2008  11:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: to say "I don't really care about global warming" is pretty ignorant

lol not really

And that is called being extremely egocentric, selfish, and inconsiderate. How can you sit there and say something like that? Even if you don't have any children, or even any new family in your lifetime, don't you think that the human race an opportunity to live is the most important thing?
(Sep. 05, 2008  1:45 AM)Kei Wrote: And that is called being extremely egocentric, selfish, and inconsiderate. How can you sit there and say something like that? Even if you don't have any children, or even any new family in your lifetime, don't you think that the human race an opportunity to live is the most important thing?
Mm, some people can't comprehend the scale of what impending disasters can do. Like the three days no relief arrived during Hurricane Katrina, for example. Three days doesn't sound like a long time, but in that situation it felt like 72 hours. And even then, it didn't even reach many for quite a while.

Empathy is often a rare emotion in people--it's easy to fake it, but genuine sympathy or worry is hard to find. It's how people can make decisions that benefit them but aren't for the well-being of others. They choose not to think about the repercussions their actions have on others for their own sake.
(Sep. 05, 2008  1:21 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: i don't see how this map is scary.
it seems like maybe a few dozen people update it every so often.

there are atleast 5 car crashes a day in calgary,
usually a fatal one every once every few days.
i dont see anything in calgary, let alone alberta..

because calgary sucks

but at least it isn't red deer
(Sep. 05, 2008  1:45 AM)Kei Wrote:

lol not really

And that is called being extremely egocentric, selfish, and inconsiderate. How can you sit there and say something like that? Even if you don't have any children, or even any new family in your lifetime, don't you think that the human race an opportunity to live is the most important thing?
It's another excuse for me to not have kids aside the fact I hate the migraines on legs. I don't want them to go through the world going to carp when I'm under ground not able to help.

to be fair, I just find it weird that there's so many things on that map that are huge that no one really finds out about until like..weeks later in the news, I thought it to be an interesting find it all Uncertain

lol not really

holy carp just saw this post

yikes
IMO, Global Warming is natural thing that has been happening for a long long time.

Although I'm pretty sure we're making it worse.
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:38 AM)Grey Wrote: IMO, Global Warming is natural thing that has been happening for a long long time.

sup, product of american education system
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:38 AM)Grey Wrote: IMO, Global Warming is natural thing that has been happening for a long long time.

Although I'm pretty sure we're making it worse.

We're just speeding it a lot...it's natural, but we've made it go super speed. We'll go through an ice age, the o-zone will get better again, and life as normal Tongue_out_wink Hopefully we can live through this ice age.
Man lived through the ice age around 10,000 years ago (I think it was). im pretty sure we will.