Drone topic

Poll: do YOU have a drone or know someone who does?

yes i do
80.00%
no and ive never seen one
20.00%
Total: 100% 5 vote(s)
talk about drones here and if you have some then share what you do with them( i searched in this forum and i didnt get any results so i think it shouldnt get closed)
so guys my syma X5C just came in the mail! Grin ( my first drone!!!)
I actually got to try out my uncle's drone over Thanksgiving! It had a seriously cool controller and a mounted camera on its underside. Not personally willing to drop the cash to buy a nice one though, ha ha.
There was a DJI Phantom 2 somewhere for $199 on Black Friday but by the time I saw the deal it was sold out ... smh -.-
Eh, the U.S military pretty much soured my view on drones. in complete honesty though in the past I was pretty pro-drones but for non-military reasons.

Since such things would be quite beneficial to everyone and with there aid things could become a tad more easier for us all really. Though now, just a war instrument in my eyes. Maybe overtime things may be different.
There are many types of drones you know ~ not all of them are huge missile equipped things
Fair enough but the one most well known of the time.
the syma X5C is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Smile i just came back from flying it from a park and the video on it is just crazy good

(Dec. 03, 2015  12:49 AM)Angry Face Wrote: I actually got to try out my uncle's drone over Thanksgiving! It had a seriously cool controller and a mounted camera on its underside. Not personally willing to drop the cash to buy a nice one though, ha ha.
you know, there are some pretty great ones up for around $40 on amazon/ebay
(Dec. 05, 2015  9:36 PM)raiyanblader Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2015  12:49 AM)Angry Face Wrote: I actually got to try out my uncle's drone over Thanksgiving! It had a seriously cool controller and a mounted camera on its underside. Not personally willing to drop the cash to buy a nice one though, ha ha.
you know, there are some pretty great ones up for around $40 on amazon/ebay

tbh, that's just one zero too many for me
lol well ive seen tiny ones for abround $5...
drones are pretty cool...They're like...pretty stronger versions of rc machines
...lol... what???
Not sure if this is what you guys are talking about, but I was at this airshow type thing with a small runway and these guys were flying huge model airplanes (Didn't look like drones). They could do a bunch of tricks and stuff, it was amazing.
sounds pretty cool! i think thats one of those hobbyking expos or something
I've recently started doing journalism for quidditch and have considered getting one to do videos of matches, because you really don't get a good enough view from the sidelines.
joke or no joke? quidditch as in harry potter?
Been liking these drones since i first heard of them. I really really wanna get one. Especially the jet-looking thing ( With the missiles)
im not sure which one your talking about but i think thats an rc plane... but there cool too Grin i flew a bunch on a simulator that i got to use in a technology class Smile

edit: i think you are talking about this
Some of you might be interested in this http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011
Yeah. Muggle Quidditch is my isht. And it's growing pretty big lately. In our area I know etsu has a team, as does app state and ut.
(Jan. 28, 2016  4:25 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Some of you might be interested in this http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011
i know but sadly the dumb people in the faa have banned this and they said it wont ever happen... Unhappy but it would work tho so i dont see what the heck their worried about!!