Driftwood

Just a poem I wrote this evening and felt like sharing.

"Driftwood"

The crest of multiple waves laps at the sand;
The shimmering tide has come in too soon
And lying gnarled, twisted and damp in my hand
Is a limb washed in by the pull of the moon

Torn asunder and carried out to sea;
Weathered away and full of its own grief
Yet in its crooked, mangled face I see
An alarmingly familiar motif

Of men and vessels lost upon their voyage
To see the world and in turn find their way;
Seeking desperately a way to salvage
The passion that once set their hearts ablaze

Though time has changed our now beaten bodies
In the days we spent drifting out of reach
This branch and I were bound by our histories;
Destined to wash up on the shore of this beach
good poem, but the wbo website is not the best place to post it
(Dec. 31, 2010  2:18 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: but the wbo website is not the best place to post it

how come? the whole forum isnt dedicated to beyblades you know (though it 95% is)<- offtpic

i have to say that is a nice poem <- ontopic
I wasn't talking about the site being about beyblades, I was talking about how it could have been put on a poetry site or something where it will be more recognized
The whole point of the Creations forum is expressing yourself. What site should ever choke off the creativity of others?

Interesting poem, Roan.
I know I could have posted this elsewhere if I was looking for any serious critique or comments, but I'm really not. I just felt like sharing, since it's been a long time since I posted anything I've created here.

Thanks for the comments.
This is a great poem. I know it uses a AB/AB pattern but is there a certain name for type of poem?
Well it started off as a sonnet, but eventually it just turned into a free verse piece.

I did, however, use a meter called "iambic pentameter", where each line is limited to 10 syllables, though occasionally it's allowed to break and use 11.
Nice poem, Roan. Very nice.