Dranzer GT Article

Type: Attack
System: Engine Gear

AR: Triangle Wing
WD: 10-Balance
SG: Right Engine Gear (Reverse)
CEW: Metal Semi-Flat
BB: Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version)

Attack Ring (AR): Triangle Wing

Triangle Wing is the prized part of this bey. Triangle Wing has 3 wings with slopes for upper attack. In the middle of these slopes, are triangular claws for smash. Though, Triangle Wing's contact points cause some recoil because of the claws. However Triangle Wing features slopes on each side, thus lending itself to both left-spin Upper Attack and right-spin Upper Attack making it a versatile part. Though, this versatility gives it a weakness, unfortunately.

Triangle Wing has two slopes on each side thus making the upper attack evenly distributed as it sacrifices half of it's attack for it to work in both directions. And because of this, the slopes are not as long as other upper attack AR's, such as Upper Dragoon, as to why Upper Dragoon is generally chosen over it. Like mentioned above, Upper Dragoon's contact points do not leave as much recoil as Triangle Wing, which is another reason Triangle Wing is not the main choice for upper attack. To conclude, majority of the plastic beyblades were right-spin, and upper attack needs to be in the same direction in order for it to work, as to why left spin upper attack is not a popular choice, and why the use of Triangle Wing in left spin for upper attack is not recommended. In the end, Triangle Wing remains outclassed.

With all of this being said, Triangle Wing still can be used to relative success since its slopes are at least long enough to lift up the opposing bey, and is generally a good replacement for Upper Dragoon when it is not available.

Use in Attack Customization
AR: Triangle Wing
WD: Ten Heavy
SG: Neo-Right SG/ Neo-Left SG
SG Core: Heavy Metal Core (Takara Metal Driger)
BB: Storm Grip Base (Dragoon S)

For the Upper Attack to work successfully, the slopes must reach below the opposing blade, which is why Storm Grip base is essential for this to work. Heavy Metal Core adds weight, thus bringing the bey towards the center multiple times.

Weight Disk (WD): Ten Balance

See Ten Balance

Spin Gear (SG): Right Engine Gear (Reverse)

This Engine Gear is a very unique and interesting part. It features the ability to Reverse it's movement direction, hence its name. The reverse gimmick is activated after the midpoint, or towards the end of the battle as the bey it is being used on will slow down to allow the gimmick to be performed. The Reverse Engine Gear can be useful, if lucky, but because it requires luck for the opposing bey to be in the right place at the right time, this takes away it's competitive use. Another problem with this gimmick is that, along with other engine gears, the performance is usually hindered, and the outcome is even worse with this gear.

Customizable Engine Weight (CEW): Metal Semi-Flat

Metal Semi-Flat offers a semi-aggressive movement pattern that is meant to combine attributes with attack and stamina as the metal will reduce the friction to allow for more spin time. However, since it is only able to be used with engine gear parts, it does not have any other use. Though, due to the lack of many useful parts within the Engine Gear system, Metal Semi-Flat is a top-tier part in the EG type-tier.

Use in Attack Customization

AR: 8 Spiker (Dragoon G)
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left Engine Gear (Turbo)
BB: First Clutch Base (Dragoon G Version)
CEW: Metal Semi-Flat

Blade Base (BB): Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version)

Final Clutch Base (Dranzer GT Version) allows the Metal Semi-Flat Engine Gear to be activated towards the ending of the battle, and does not contain any other notable features as it is only compatible with certain beyblades, primarily engine gear types.

Overall

Dranzer GT was an interesting release. Being one of the last few plastic beyblades released before the start of the HMS beyblade system, Dranzer GT offered a pretty interesting gimmick, with that gimmick being the ability to change its movement direction in battle. However, as it was meant for gimmick purposes only, it is not competitively used since the gimmick hinders the beyblade's spin velocity and overall performance. Triangle Wing, the prized part of this bey, offers pretty exceptional upper attack. Though, it is slightly outclassed and should be used as an alternative for Upper Dragoon. With that being said, Dranzer GT would not hurt to have in one's collection.
I don't think you're giving the AR enough justice considering it's the second best AR for upper attack in the whole of the plastics series.
(Feb. 16, 2011  1:07 AM)Sequoia Wrote: Quote.

Hey The Final Verdict Should Change As Dranzer GT is very good.
Gud one!!! Though too much description about the AR......... Also, the AR is not as bad........ The gimmick in Dranzer GT being the Reverse EG doesnt allow it to change direction in a battle. As much as I know and have seen, the Reverse EG provides a zig-zag movement which is highly effective in battle, but sharply reduces spin speed.... And yes, I agree with X1, it doesnt hurt to have Dranzer GT in a collection, its just an awesome addition to your collection.
um well your information is wrong janpegasus cause the engine gear briefly makes it go in left spin.
Well with the AR section, I said how it is good, but the uses are limited and Upper Dragoon performs better than it. Plus, Triple Tiger (Driger G) rivals Triangle Wing to the point in which it can outclass it, which I think it does.

Anyway, look at the HMS article on Advance Striker. It shares the same characteristics as Triangle Wing with that being it versatility to be used and right and left-spin takes away its full potential. The slope is half the size = half the upper attack.
some degree of effectiveness... that doesn't put across that it's like 2/3 best wheel for upper in plastics.
(Feb. 16, 2011  9:15 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: some degree of effectiveness... that doesn't put across that it's like 2/3 best wheel for upper in plastics.

Fine, I will reword it.

Anything else?
actually i find that in left spin triangle wing performes better than upper dragon
(Feb. 16, 2011  9:42 PM)wolborgMS Wrote: actually i find that in left spin triangle wing performes better than upper dragon

For Upper Attack? What bey was Triangle Wing being used against?
the combo you said vs galeon ar eight heavy draciel f base

and yes 4 upper attack
How many metal balls? Also Eight Heavy isn't too good.

If I were you I'd use a Wide Defense and add an extra set of Metal Balls.
thats an awful attack combo, why wouldnt you use Dragoon GT's CEW?
(Feb. 17, 2011  3:53 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: thats an awful attack combo, why wouldnt you use Dragoon GT's CEW?

Metal Weight Grip Core Is quite heavy and slows down some of the speed. Plus, with Dranzer GT's CEW, you have more endurance.
Well considering it's an attack combo it pretty much needs a rubber tip/base.
yup upper attackers work best with storm grip base, correct me if im wrong
Already say that in the article.
But the Engine Gear will just hinder the performance, no matter what tip, and Metal Semi-Flat will leave some endurance. It's even listed as a combo in Dragoon GT's page.
Uh well that great but attack combos naturally have very little endurance.
(Feb. 17, 2011  6:06 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Uh well that great but attack combos naturally have very little endurance.

Yes, but considering how bad the Engine Gear System was, endurance was pretty valuable.

But forget that for now. You'll generally have the same speed with both tips since the First Clutch Engine Gear hinders it. Why chose a tip with lower endurance if the speed is the same?
(Feb. 17, 2011  6:14 PM)wolborgMS Wrote: you should continue this via PM

Not exactly. It still has to do with the subject of the thread.
This discussion is perfectly relevant to the thread so why would we do that. Anyway does it really matter that much to the performance cause either way the combo still ain't great.
(Feb. 17, 2011  6:19 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: This discussion is perfectly relevant to the thread so why would we do that. Anyway does it really matter that much to the performance cause either way the combo still ain't great.

Yes, so we might as well leave the combo the way it is. So yeah, any suggestions? Any thing to fix?