Dragonball (series)

is it really worth it for funi to go through all the trouble to get dragonbox masters for a series that is unloved by the fans so that they release sets that are probably too much money for casual fans who can get the the two green bricks for much less?
(Jul. 19, 2009  3:30 PM)To Wrote: GT nearly outsold DBZ in North America on DVD.

that's horrible
For what it's worth, I like certain portions of GT more then a large portion of what is "Z". Mostly because the part of DragonBall I like is the comedy filled adventure, and "Z" is mostly devoid of that.

Which is why I'm debating wheither I should pick up the DragonBox Z's. I have the season sets, and for Z, I'm not sure if I want to spend $600 on something I probably wouldn't watch all of. But if it has the Gaiden, and the Safety Specials like Japan, then I'm there, I guess.

(Jul. 21, 2009  10:16 AM)Sam Wrote: is it really worth it for funi to go through all the trouble to get dragonbox masters for a series that is unloved by the fans so that they release sets that are probably too much money for casual fans who can get the the two green bricks for much less?

If they were to get the Next Episode previews (which FUNimation already has), included the Japanese title cards, Kanji opening and ending credits (no EXTREME logo), as well as put all the random extras from Japan's DragonBoxes, and remove every instance of "Step Into The Grand Tour" in the dub (it's still in the ending credits for the TV Special). I can see a decent amount of Daizexers buying them, if not only to complete the collection. That, and to support a good release of this franchise, there are people who've spent literally thousands importing the Japanese releases, and ripped the Season Sets subtitles, yet are still going to buy these releases.

In Japan GT is the least popular of the three. Toei would likely price it cheaper since it has lower finacial value to them.
(Jul. 21, 2009  10:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: that's horrible
buu saga was just as bad
Boo was awesome. I cried when Bee got, well you know.