Dragonball (series)

Recently started watching this, as I never really finished DBZ. I am somewhere in the middle of where Bulma/Krillin/Gohan are freaking out because of Frieza (Goku has not arrived yet). (lmao just for reference- what are the proper "saga" names?)

DB Kai seems pretty fresh (especially in quality), but I want to get finish the 200+ episodes first lol
FUNimation is going to start releasing DB in sets like they've done for Z and GT starting in the fall, and good gosh, day one. Especially considering some of the DB DVDs go for literally hundreds of dollars.

The Sagas are usually listed by the villian's name, or tournament name. I can't remember all the sagas off the top of my head for all of it.
I believe it was
Saiyan saga
frieza saga
garlic junior saga
trunks saga
android saga
cell saga
majin saga

Im pretty sure thats it not 100% though
You're missing the Afterlife Saga/23 (? I think it was the 23) Tenkaichi Budokai, which is before Boo, but after Cell. Then there is the Fusion Saga after Boo.
And Kid Boo to end it all.
i always hate how everyone in dragon ball with the exception of saiyans, and the main baddie are worthless

also how is krillin carp stronger than tien the carp man
krillen sucks i hated him
i used to think yamcha was god. that didn't last long.
he can't even defeat a saibaman

who can he? recoome. the only character lamer than he is.
(Jul. 04, 2009  11:48 AM)nabsdt Wrote: I believe it was
Saiyan saga
frieza saga
garlic junior saga
trunks saga
android saga
cell saga
majin saga

Im pretty sure thats it not 100% though

Season 1: Saiyan Saga
Season 2: Namek and Captain Ginyu Sagas
Season 3: Frieza Saga
Season 4: Garlic Junior, Trunks, and Android Sagas
Season 5: Imperfect Cell and Perfect Cell Sagas
Season 6: Cell Games Saga
Season 7: Great Saiyaman and World Tournament Sagas
Season 8: Babidi and Majin Buu Sagas
Season 9: Fusion and Kid Buu Sagas
so is the dragonball box set in cropped 16:9 (fuuuck) or is it going to be like the DBGT set (just blurry)?
4:3, FUNimation like quadruple confirmed the 4:3.
nice

now i just need DBZ episodes 27-68 in 4:3 uncut funi dub (grrr canceled ultimate uncut editionssss)
oh dragonball is awsome i am going to buy all 153 episodes of it on dvds once FUNimation starts releasing DB in dvd sets its cool that there going to do that its going to be cool
Well Sam, FUNimation has just announced DragonBall Z Dragonboxes. 42 episodes in each set, at a $79.99 price tag, in glorious 4:3. I dunno if I'll buy it. It'd only buy it if it includes the Gaiden.
oh my god i hope funi was able to get a hold of the actual dragon box dragon box version of dragon ball z and release it here

at least the packaging looks the same
UUUUUUGH.

I have all the Z & GT season sets + movie steelbooks.
And I'll be getting all of DB in the season sets.

But god, I really want this release.
I like the style of the Dragon Boxes, and having all the episodes in 4:3 with next episode previews, + the Dragon book included with each set.
I don't think I'll resist buying them. Tongue_out (But I wouldn't sell my Z Season Sets until every Dragon Box is out)
how much were those z sets when you bought them

last i checked they were only $25 lmao
i hope since they're pimping this that they give a couple advanced copies to some fools for review
I got Z seasons 1-6 for $20 each at Wal-Mart. (quite a while after they had been out)
Bought 7, 8 and 9 on release day (gonna say $30 a piece, but don't exactly remember)
There should be 7 DBZ Dragonboxes. And it is the Japanese DragonBox footage.
and these'll come to about $550 altogether (the two japanese dragon boxes were $1500 i think)
DragonBox: The Movies was more expensive then NA DBZ DBoxes will be. Also, FUNimation will seemingly release the movies in the DBox fashion as Japan got too.
i really hope we see the same kind of sets for dragonball and gt but we probably wont because dragon box masters cost funi so much and those series aren't as popular (gt especially)
GT nearly outsold DBZ in North America on DVD. DB is the least popular of the three.
except that the dragon boxes are being marketed to the "hardcore" fans
They may be marketing it towards the hardcore but obviously it being DragonBall means it's automatically cross demographics. FUNi implied this too, saying that the DragonBoxes will be in regular retailers, and not limited ones like they were when Japan got them.