[Draft]  Perfomance Tip/Driver-Absorb

(Sep. 30, 2018  5:40 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Wow, I thought Absorb would be only a little bit better than Nothing, but looks like I was wrong!

I don't think Absorb is THAT bad , It is really good in going to center of the stadium and seems to have a Decent amount of Stamina ( + there is a small amount of attacking movement in the driver ) , and THAT makes it WAY ahead of NOTHING !!
(Sep. 30, 2018  5:45 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2018  5:40 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Wow, I thought Absorb would be only a little bit better than Nothing, but looks like I was wrong!

I don't think Absorb is THAT bad , It is really good in going to center of the stadium and seems to have a Decent amount of Stamina ( + there is a small amount of attacking movement in the driver ) , and THAT makes it WAY ahead of NOTHING !!

I think you're misunderstanding his comment. He said that he thought it would only be a little better than Nothing, his expectations for Absorb weren't that high but it proved him wrong. He probably meant it was way better than Nothing than he expected.
While I was only able to get this information from stock combo testing (reminds me of Dual Layer drafting), Absorb seems really good. The ring is visibly wider than Revolve's and is very loose. Stock battles against Winning Valkyrie (and thus the Volcanic Driver) shows that Absorb has good precession. Older videos with Drain Fafnir testing with Revolve showed that Revolve isn't good for Spin-Equalization but Absorb works just fine for it.

So my opinion is Revolve < Absorb < Eternal
U should move hS combo to same section as gF combo as it is also a spin equalizer not anything else
Do the two sets of teeth/spikes that you can push into each other do anything?
(Oct. 21, 2018  1:07 PM)Limetka Wrote: Do the two sets of teeth/spikes that you can push into each other do anything?

They lock into each other, which is supposed to stop the plate from spinning. This gives the hole flat tip more friction.
(Sep. 30, 2018  6:11 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2018  5:45 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: I don't think Absorb is THAT bad , It is really good in going to center of the stadium and seems to have a Decent amount of Stamina ( + there is a small amount of attacking movement in the driver ) , and THAT makes it WAY ahead of NOTHING !!

I think you're misunderstanding his comment. He said that he thought it would only be a little better than Nothing, his expectations for Absorb weren't that high but it proved him wrong. He probably meant it was way better than Nothing than he expected.

Thanks , I misunderstood that < ( In LeftBurst's channel ,  He says that , Nothing is better than Absorb ,. I don't know why ? )
GOD CHIPS
(Sep. 30, 2018  6:11 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I think you're misunderstanding his comment. He said that he thought it would only be a little better than Nothing, his expectations for Absorb weren't that high but it proved him wrong. He probably meant it was way better than Nothing than he expected.

Thanks , I misunderstood that < ( In LeftBurst's channel ,  He says that , Nothing is better than Absorb ,. I don't know why ? )

I wouldn’t go by what left burst says about what’s competitive, most of the time his statements are inaccurate, for example saying deep chaos is trash

now don’t get me wrong, i really like leftburst, i just recommend you don’t base off the meta on what noah or jake says about a part
(Oct. 22, 2018  6:13 PM)brandbrick Wrote: GOD CHIPS
(Sep. 30, 2018  6:11 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I think you're misunderstanding his comment. He said that he thought it would only be a little better than Nothing, his expectations for Absorb weren't that high but it proved him wrong. He probably meant it was way better than Nothing than he expected.

I wouldn’t go by what left burst says about what’s competitive, most of the time his statements are inaccurate, for example saying deep chaos is trash

now don’t get me wrong, i really like leftburst, i just recommend you don’t base off the meta on what noah or jake says about a part

Tbf, Noah usually just keeps everthing in stock combo, but his favorite type is balance, which usually don't burst as much as Stamina Beys...
I had high hopes with this driver. Had. It was so hyped, sigh. Though, Geist Fafnir still looks cool, so that's okay.
(Oct. 24, 2018  4:48 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: I had high hopes with this driver. Had. It was so hyped, sigh. Though, Geist Fafnir still looks cool, so that's okay.

It has some decent LAD and is relatively stable on a balanced (ex. hS, aH) layer combination. I'd say it isn't all that bad, but I know what you mean.

As for me personally, I find it is pretty interesting on wV.10P.Ab
(Oct. 24, 2018  5:30 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2018  4:48 PM)kidwhoasksalot Wrote: I had high hopes with this driver. Had. It was so hyped, sigh. Though, Geist Fafnir still looks cool, so that's okay.

It has some decent LAD and is relatively stable on a balanced (ex. hS, aH) layer combination. I'd say it isn't all that bad, but I know what you mean.

As for me personally, I find it is pretty interesting on wV.10P.Ab
Yeah, it's a good driver, it's fascinating to play with. But when Takara Tomy released Geist Fafnir's review and how they presented Absorb, a lot of people were swept, including me, I thought that it would par with Eternal or even Bearing (though it has an edge against Revolve on certain builds), a new competitive driver from the Cho-Z wave, yet of course, Takara Tomy's reviews on new releases are obviously to favor the featured product. I guess the hype did put through it to a certain degree of disappointment, I'm still happy with the outcome of Geist Fafnir's layer and driver.
(Sep. 29, 2018  9:50 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Absorb features a spring-loaded sharp tip of a small diameter surrounded by a free-spinning ring, akin to a combination of Revolve and Nothing. The sharp tip of Absorb provides low friction with the stadium floor, resulting in high Stamina and Burst Defense properties. The wide diameter of the ring gives Absorb high precession time and Spin-Equalization potential in opposite spin match-ups. Compared to similar Performance Tips, Absorb's precession time is equal to Revolve's but lower than Eternal's.

The spring-loaded tip has two purposes, the first is to prevent harsh impacts against the stadium floor from launch, preventing accidental Self-Knock-Outs from bouncing. The second is that when the tip is fully depressed, the center sharp tip is retracted and the ring is locked in place, creating a hollow flat tip with aggressive movement akin to Zephyr. However, without a mechanism to keep the spring compressed, this aggressive movement only happens briefly upon first landing.

==Use in Stamina/Defense Combinations==
Absorb can be used in the Stamina/Defense Combination Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander 7/10 Absorb. The high Stamina of Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander is bolstered by 7/10 and Absorb's precession. The combination is also resistant against Attack Types by Archer Hercules/Hell Salamander's low recoil and strong teeth and 7/10 heavy weight.

==Use in Spin-Equalization Combinations==
Absorb can be used in the Spin-Equalization Combination Geist Fafnir/Spriggan Requiem/Hell Salamander (Defense Mode) 7/10 Proof/Cross/Glaive Absorb. Geist Fafnir's Knock-Out resistance is bolstered by the weight of the 7/10 Disc while the heavy weight and teeth of the Layer and the free-spinning and plastic nature of the Tip compensates for the increased Burst risk of using heavy Discs. When spinning opposite to the opponent, the rubber of Geist Fafnir and the low friction of the Absorb Tip allows for high amounts of Spin Equalization while the Life-After-Death of Proof/Cross/Glaive and Absorb allows the Combination to Out Spin its opponent.

==Overall==
Absorb's greater precession time makes it equal to Revolve and works well in both Stamina and Spin-Equalization Combinations. While still outclassed by Eternal and Bearing in these regards, Absorb is still an excellent alternative.

As such, Absorb is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.