[Draft]  Energy Layer - Beat Kukulkan

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Beat Kukulkan in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-101 Random Booster Volume 9 Beat Kukulkan 7Under Hunter on December 28, 2017.

==Description==
Beat Kukulkan features a vague tear drop shaped design with two large wings and two points of recoil on either side, akin to Qeutziko Q2, with a serpent's head molded on the bottom of the Layer, meant to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake; Kukulkan, the feathered serpent of Mayan mythology. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Beat Kukulkan features a gimmick; the points of recoil can extend.

Like Ark Bahamut, Beat Kukulkan features a sub-layer that connects with the prongs of a Disk so as the Beat Kukulkan combination grows halfway to Bursting, the sub-layer moves and releases locks on the contact points, allowing centrifugal force to extend them outward and increase Attack potential, akin to the Xcalius series of Layers and their Disks of initial release.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-101 Random Booster Vol. 9 Beat Kukulkan 7U Hn. (turquoise)
==Hasbro==

Information on performance omitted until testing is done

This thing is basically a better Quad Quetzalcoatl
u sure it has face of a serpent, i mean that face looks more like a bird
(Jan. 09, 2018  7:55 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: u sure it has face of a serpent, i mean that face looks more like a bird

Kukulkan is a serpent so that's what I'm sticking with
(Jan. 09, 2018  8:01 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2018  7:55 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: u sure it has face of a serpent, i mean that face looks more like a bird

Kukulkan is a serpent so that's what I'm sticking with

but the avatar of kukulkan in burst is a blue phoenix type bird
kulkan is the aztec name for quetzacoatl so is there a posiible relation between the beys and owners
(Jan. 09, 2018  6:17 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: kulkan is the aztec name for quetzacoatl so is there a posiible relation between the beys and owners
In burst kukulkan is represented by a bird like creature instead of what it is it probably more related to maximum garuda tho
I watched many unboxing of bK and it has medium height teeth, so it has some good burst resistance
(Jan. 12, 2018  1:58 PM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: I watched many unboxing of bK and it has medium height teeth, so it has some good burst resistance

I also watched some vids and it seems like bK is good at burst attack!
(Jan. 24, 2018  3:37 AM)Maximum beys Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  1:58 PM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: I watched many unboxing of bK and it has medium height teeth, so it has some good burst resistance

I also watched some vids and it seems like bK is good at burst attack!

I'm guessing the ridges of the contact points grip into the gaps of the opponent's Layer and forces a Burst from that. So far the only thing convincing is JoJo's test video where it did do well but half of her combos were really strange (Bearing on Alter Chronos? What?) so I'm indecisive
(Jan. 24, 2018  3:39 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2018  3:37 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: I also watched some vids and it seems like bK is good at burst attack!

I'm guessing the ridges of the contact points grip into the gaps of the opponent's Layer and forces a Burst from that. So far the only thing convincing is JoJo's test video where it did do well but half of her combos were really strange (Bearing on Alter Chronos? What?) so I'm indecisive

Yeah I agree because I watched jojo’s video in which she tested stock bK against other combos and a lot of them were strange as heck (she used planet on sT, destroy on aB and we know that aB has super weak teeth)
No one noticed, but it's kukulcan, right?
(Jan. 09, 2018  6:17 PM)MPZLShadow Wrote: kulkan is the aztec name for quetzacoatl so is there a posiible relation between the beys and owners

Kukulkan is a Mayan god

(Jan. 24, 2018  8:16 PM)Skuldless Wrote: No one noticed, but it's kukulcan, right?

It’s just an alternate spelling similar to how there is Kronos and chronos
(Jan. 24, 2018  8:16 PM)Skuldless Wrote: It’s just an alternate spelling similar to how there is Kronos and chronos

No it's called incorrect spelling for Beyblade Parts
(Jan. 24, 2018  1:20 PM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2018  3:39 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I'm guessing the ridges of the contact points grip into the gaps of the opponent's Layer and forces a Burst from that. So far the only thing convincing is JoJo's test video where it did do well but half of her combos were really strange (Bearing on Alter Chronos? What?) so I'm indecisive

Yeah I agree because I watched jojo’s video in which she tested stock bK against other combos and a lot of them were strange as heck (she used planet on sT, destroy on aB and we know that aB has super weak teeth)

aB  with a mould chip is actually quite decent on destroy especially against attack
(Jan. 25, 2018  8:57 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2018  1:20 PM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: Yeah I agree because I watched jojo’s video in which she tested stock bK against other combos and a lot of them were strange as heck (she used planet on sT, destroy on aB and we know that aB has super weak teeth)

aB  with a mould chip is actually quite decent on destroy especially against attack

Oh I get it so it can evade attacks and outspin attack types with the high lad of destroy when soft launched
I watched beybladegeeks unboxing and it's thicker then gV so does this mean high weight (not compared to beys with metal)
(Jan. 26, 2018  2:21 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: I watched beybladegeeks unboxing and it's thicker then gV so does this mean high weight (not compared to beys with metal)

I would assume so, but without an actual scale to measure we can't be sure
also i watched jojos video on it and bk is able to consistently burst maximum garuda so i think that bk could be the next legend spriggan

i also watched bbgs video where they put beat kukulcan up against god valkyrie and bk only lost about 4 or 5 rounds and the rounds that bk won ended up in mostly burst finishes but there were some knockouts and spin finishes performed by bk
(Feb. 01, 2018  3:21 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: also i watched jojos video on it and bk is able to consistently burst maximum garuda so i think that bk could be the next legend spriggan

i also watched bbgs video where they put beat kukulcan up against god valkyrie and bk only lost about 4 or 5 rounds and the rounds that bk won ended up in mostly burst finishes but there were some knockouts and spin finishes performed by bk

But that's with Maximum Garuda on Atomic. Maximum Garuda is much stronger on Orbit
(Feb. 01, 2018  3:35 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2018  3:21 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: also i watched jojos video on it and bk is able to consistently burst maximum garuda so i think that bk could be the next legend spriggan

But that's with Maximum Garuda on Atomic. Maximum Garuda is much stronger on Orbit

Oh yeah because in the atomic draft you mentioned that atomic has a slightly weaker spring which makes it lag behind orbit in terms of burst resistance
(Jan. 09, 2018  3:28 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: [Hasbro Name], known as Beat Kukulcan in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-101 Random Booster Volume 9 Beat Kukulkan 7Under Hunter on December 28, 2017.

==Description==
Beat Kukulcan features a vague tear drop shaped design with two large wings and two points of recoil on either side, akin to Qeutziko Q2, with a serpent/bird's head molded on the bottom of the Layer, meant to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake; Kukulkan, the feathered serpent of Mayan mythology. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Beat Kukulcan features a gimmick; the points of recoil can extend.

Like Ark Bahamut, Beat Kukulcan features a sub-layer that connects with the prongs of a Disk so as the Beat Kukulcan combination grows halfway to Bursting, the sub-layer moves and releases locks on the contact points, allowing centrifugal force to extend them outward and increase Attack potential.

The two points of contact are ridged which creates a surface that grips into the gaps and grooves of the opponent's Layer creating high Burst Attack potential while reducing recoil(?). The Attack potential is bolstered by the heavy weight from the thickness of the Layer which increases the inertia and the strong teeth of the Japanese release which reduces the risk of self Bursts. However, this method of attack reduces the effectiveness of the gimmick as the contact points do not depend on protruding from the Layer.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Beat Kukulcan can be put to use in the Mobile Attack Combination Beat Kukulcan 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Xtreme/Hunter/Destroy. The Burst Attack potential is bolstered by the heavy weight of the 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Disc and Frame, the speed of Xtreme/Hunter/Destroy and the high friction of the Xtreme/Hunter Tip specifically. The heavy weight and strong teeth of Beat Kukulcan can compensate for the increased Burst risk of heavy Discs and high friction tips and the free-spinning plate of Destroy can allow the combination to potentially out spin the opponent if a Burst is not achieved.

==Overall==
Beat Kukulcan features heavy weight and high Burst Attack with little recoil compared(?) to other Attack Layers such as Sieg Xcalibur. While the gimmick has little effect on overall performance, the grip based Attack makes Beat Kukulcan a consistent counter against Maximum Garuda and a top-tier Attack Layer overall.

With comparable performance with Legend Spriggan and Sieg Xcalibur, Beat Kukulcan is a must have for competitive bladers.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

Not very happy with this. I need to see testing done
(Feb. 15, 2018  6:09 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: [Hasbro Name], known as Beat Kukulcan in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-101 Random Booster Volume 9 Beat Kukulkan 7Under Hunter on December 28, 2017.

==Description==
Beat Kukulcan features a vague tear drop shaped design with two large wings and two points of recoil on either side, akin to Qeutziko Q2, with a serpent/bird's head molded on the bottom of the Layer, meant to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake; Kukulkan, the feathered serpent of Mayan mythology. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Beat Kukulcan features a gimmick; the points of recoil can extend.

Like Ark Bahamut, Beat Kukulcan features a sub-layer that connects with the prongs of a Disk so as the Beat Kukulcan combination grows halfway to Bursting, the sub-layer moves and releases locks on the contact points, allowing centrifugal force to extend them outward and increase Attack potential.

The two points of contact are ridged which creates a surface that grips into the gaps and grooves of the opponent's Layer creating high Burst Attack potential while minimizing recoil. The Attack potential is bolstered by the heavy weight from the thickness of the Layer which increases the inertia and the strong teeth of the Japanese release which reduces the risk of self Bursts. However, this method of attack reduces the effectiveness of the gimmick as the contact points do not depend on protruding from the Layer and the attack method requires mobile tips, preventing the Layer from being used effectively on stationary Attack combinations.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Beat Kukulcan can be put to use in the Mobile Attack Combination Beat Kukulcan 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Xtreme/Destroy. The Burst Attack potential is bolstered by the heavy weight of the 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Disc and Frame, the speed of Xtreme/Destroy and the high friction of the Xtreme Tip specifically. The heavy weight and strong teeth of Beat Kukulcan can compensate for the increased Burst risk of heavy Discs and high friction tips and the free-spinning plate of Destroy can allow the combination to potentially out spin the opponent if a Burst is not achieved.

==Overall==
Beat Kukulcan features heavy weight and high Burst Attack with little recoil compared(?) to other Attack Layers such as Sieg Xcalibur. While the gimmick has little effect on overall performance, the grip based Attack makes Beat Kukulcan a consistent counter against Maximum Garuda and a top-tier Attack Layer overall.

With comparable performance to Legend Spriggan and Sieg Xcalibur, Beat Kukulcan is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

Kukulkan is the Mayan representation of the “Feathered Serpent”. Quezalcoatl being an Aztec representation. They arent the same entity, rather the same species of being.