[Draft]  Energy Layer - Air Knight

Quote:Insert Hasbro Name, known as Air Knight (エアナイト, Ea Naito) in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System as well as the Cho-Z Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-130 Random Booster Vol. 13 Air Knight.12E.Et on December 27th, 2018.

Quote:Air Knight is Stamina Type Energy Layer. He has six holes at the edges, 6, similar to Garuda G3. In the middle is a knight helmet of a blue, yellow and red. He can move very steadily and calmly. Thanks to the holes, he creates a wind field that slows down the (very little) attack speed. The layer is a bit higher than most. He's got a long time because the air is passing through the holes and he's light. There is one metal ring between the helmet and the holes.

Please make your suggestions.
Now to speak of a real life beyblade, Air Knight is a mega wide Stamina Type Beyblade Burst Energy Layer. Like all standard Cho-Z type energy layers (Cho-Z Awakening type layers as an exception), Air Knight is made with an overbalance of weight on one side of the beyblade, in which a Level Chip must be equipped to fill the diamond shaped hole included for a slight amount of weight and more balance by counteracting the overbalance.
Air Knight as part of the Cho-Z system, includes metal in the form of a small ring with three smaller swords that is located around the inner part of the layer. Air Knight also has a gimmick with similarities to Maximum Garuda, it is made to have a bigger size than any other typical beyblade with six downwards sloped wings as well as six open gaps inside the wings. This is meant to assist the beyblade in terms of improving the beyblade’s friction reduction and cause the beyblade to reduce falling speed when launched by a slight amount.
his also comes with disadvantages, Air Knight’s wings are more downwards sloped and broken apart in six unlike Maximum Garuda’s whole ring like wing, making it more prone to bursting. As a counteraction, Air Knight has 3-4 teeth (that I don’t know) or shorter height, improving on Maximum Garuda’s one miniature tooth of burst resistance.
Another disadvantage, Air Resistance, is a common physics based attribute. Air Knight is so heavy thanks to the metal in its layer, it’s ability to reduce falling speed and friction is diminished completely, leaving the six wings to act against Air Knight instead of act in favour of it by reducing stamina. In return, Air Knight’s Air Resistance pushes a fair amount of air away from the beyblade equipped with Air Knight, but as usual air does pretty much nothing against real life Beyblades. As a result, Air Knight’s gimmick is nothing more than minuscule and is better off if it were manufactured with the blades connected in a gigantic ring.
However, thanks to the relatively stronger teeth of Air Knight in comparison to Maximum Garuda, and its ability to at least produce recoil in the form of downward slashes, Air Knight performs in battle better than Maximum Garuda in terms of burst resistance and weight at the cost of Stamina.

Therefore, Air Knight is ______ and is _____.

This may not be fine, but it could use editing.

This is completely just speculation and not literal proof that the energy layer can perform that well. I’m only really a Hasbro blader without a doubt that I don’t like online buying, and I don’t even try to test my beys either, which confirms that my speculation is nearly false.
(Jan. 12, 2019  3:17 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: Now to speak of a real life beyblade, Air Knight is a mega wide Stamina Type Beyblade Burst Energy Layer. Like all standard Cho-Z type energy layers (Cho-Z Awakening type layers as an exception), Air Knight is made with an overbalance of weight on one side of the beyblade, in which a Level Chip must be equipped to fill the diamond shaped hole included for a slight amount of weight and more balance by counteracting the overbalance.
Air Knight as part of the Cho-Z system, includes metal in the form of a small ring with three smaller swords that is located around the inner part of the layer. Air Knight also has a gimmick with similarities to Maximum Garuda, it is made to have a bigger size than any other typical beyblade with six downwards sloped wings as well as six open gaps inside the wings. This is meant to assist the beyblade in terms of improving the beyblade’s friction reduction and cause the beyblade to reduce falling speed when launched by a slight amount.
his also comes with disadvantages, Air Knight’s wings are more downwards sloped and broken apart in six unlike Maximum Garuda’s whole ring like wing, making it more prone to bursting. As a counteraction, Air Knight has 3-4 teeth (that I don’t know) or shorter height, improving on Maximum Garuda’s one miniature tooth of burst resistance.
Another disadvantage, Air Resistance, is a common physics based attribute. Air Knight is so heavy thanks to the metal in its layer, it’s ability to reduce falling speed and friction is diminished completely, leaving the six wings to act against Air Knight instead of act in favour of it by reducing stamina. In return, Air Knight’s Air Resistance pushes a fair amount of air away from the beyblade equipped with Air Knight, but as usual air does pretty much nothing against real life Beyblades. As a result, Air Knight’s gimmick is nothing more than minuscule and is better off if it were manufactured with the blades connected in a gigantic ring.
However, thanks to the relatively stronger teeth of Air Knight in comparison to Maximum Garuda, and its ability to at least produce recoil in the form of downward slashes, Air Knight performs in battle better than Maximum Garuda in terms of burst resistance and weight at the cost of Stamina.

How much of an effect is there if you hit the holes from underneath? Are they very pronounced gaps or are the more like something that the opponent's lawyer can just skip over without dealing damage?
(Jan. 12, 2019  5:33 PM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2019  3:17 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: Now to speak of a real life beyblade, Air Knight is a mega wide Stamina Type Beyblade Burst Energy Layer. Like all standard Cho-Z type energy layers (Cho-Z Awakening type layers as an exception), Air Knight is made with an overbalance of weight on one side of the beyblade, in which a Level Chip must be equipped to fill the diamond shaped hole included for a slight amount of weight and more balance by counteracting the overbalance.

How much of an effect is there if you hit the holes from underneath? Are they very pronounced gaps or are the more like something that the opponent's lawyer can just skip over without dealing damage?

This is really all I know. I’m simply judging this energy layer based on how the beyblade’s energy layer is designed, not how it performs in battle.

To be fair, I actually should’ve ended with “This is completely just speculation and not literal proof that the energy layer can perform that well.” You’ll see that in a moment.

I usually like judging a book by its cover and write unnecessarily long posts about it.
Quote:==Description==
Air Knight is a Stamina Type Energy Layer, that features a wide, almost perfectly round and smooth edge only interrupted by shallow bumps, akin to the Garuda G3. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Air Knight features metal in its design; metal round after disk attachment, which makes Air Knight heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Air Knight is "divided" into 6: 3 of 2 holes areas and 3 little wings. Center of this layer is blue knight helmet.

However, the blades instead create air resistance when spinning and slow the Beyblade down, an issue that becomes exacerbated the harder the Air Knight Layer is launched. Holes ensure little bit smoother movement, what make layer best of stamina combos.

==Use in Stamina Combinations==
Air Knight can be used in the Stamina Combination Air Knight 00/0 Wall/Turn Eternal/Bearing. The heavy weight of 00/0 Bump creates high Knock-Out resistance while the heavy weight. Eternal/Bearing increase Layer stamina and make it very hard to win.

==Overall==
Air Knight is Top-Tier Stamina/Defense Energy Layer and have very strong KO and Burst resistance Its holes make this layer very long spinning durability.

As such, Air Knight is a must have for competitive bladers.
2 months and zero added info. Poor Air Knight. However, Air Knight is quite powerful in terms of defensive power.
==Description==
Air Knight is a Stamina Type Energy Layer, that features a wide, almost perfectly round and smooth edge only interrupted by shallow bumps, akin to the Garuda G3. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Air Knight features metal in its design; metal round after disk attachment, which makes Air Knight heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Air Knight is "divided" into 6: 3 of 2 holes areas and 3 little wings. At the center of this layer is a motif of a blue knight helmet. 

Air Knight's gimmick is its wings which forces air downwards as it spins, akin to a fan. In theory this gimmick would provide an upward force on the bey as it spins, reducing friction that its driver generates on the stadium, allowing it to spin longer. However in reality, any combo that can be formed with Air Knight would be too heavy, making any upward force this gimmick generates negligible.

Air Knight's suffers from being too top-heavy, as its wings are elevated. This makes it very vulnerable to destabilisation - once it starts to tilt, it struggles to recover and will eventually scrape against the stadium. Furthermore, the metal on the layer is focused in a ring along the center of the layer. As the weight is not distributed outward along the perimeter, it does not have good Outward-Weight-Distribution (OWD), further decreasing its stamina potential.

Air Knight has four moderate teeth. However, it has an extremely smooth outer perimeter with small bumps underneath. This renders Air Knight to have really smooth contact points, greatly reducing any recoil that other beys inflict on it. Along with its heavy weight, these factors make it a great counter to attack types, as it is hard to KO or burst. It might be noted that the smooth outer perimeter hinders its ability to steal spin against left-spinning beys, but also prevents them 

However, the blades instead create air resistance when spinning and slow the Beyblade down, an issue that becomes exacerbated the harder the Air Knight Layer is launched. Holes ensure little bit smoother movement, what make layer best of stamina combos.

Air Knight can be used in the Stamina Combination Air Knight 00/0 Wall/Turn Eternal/Bearing. The heavy weight of 00/0 Bump creates high Knock-Out resistance while the heavy weight. Eternal/Bearing increase Layer stamina and make it very hard to win.

==Use in Defence Combinations==
Air Knight can be used in the Defence Combination Air Knight 00/0 Bump/Cross/Proof Orbit/Atomic. The heavy weight of 00/0 & Proof/Cross/Bump enhances the overall KO resistance. Orbit/Atomic provides enough stamina to secure a spin-finish against most attack type beys.

==Use in Balance Combinations==
Air Knight can be used in the Attack Combination Air Knight 00/0 Bump/Proof Destroy'. The wide circumference of Air Knight allows it to easily contact opposing beys. Together with the weight of 00/0 & Bump/Proof, it has a high chance of KOing the opponent on a good hit. Destroy' further increases the burst resistance, has good attack potential on a good launch, and has decent stamina to out-spin some matchups.

==Overall==
Air Knight is Top-Tier Stamina/Defense Energy Layer and have very strong KO and Burst resistance Its holes make this layer very long spinning durability.

Air Knight is a niche layer that is very potent in countering attack combinations due to its smooth, defensive perimeter. However, it suffers from being too top-heavy, making it hard to succeed in a stamina combination.

As such, Air Knight is not a must-have but is instead a welcome addition to a blader's collection.

Note (not to be included in final version):
I made heavy edits as I do not find the original draft to be accurate at all, from what I hear from competitive bladers and my own tests. The original draft also wrongly emphasises on the effect of the gimmick, which does not make sense from a practical physics standpoint.
Air Knight can destabilize same and opposite spin beys, even though, it loses to same spin because it lacks top tier stamina. In opposite spin, it can destabilize the opposite spin combo and actually win the match.

Here is the link to one of the videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEg58yc9XpM
(Jun. 10, 2019  12:53 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Air Knight can destabilize same and opposite spin beys, even though, it loses to same spin because it lacks top tier stamina. In opposite spin, it can destabilize the opposite spin combo and actually win the match.

Here is the link to one of the videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEg58yc9XpM

Where does the destabilization come from? The layer looks so round and flat in terms of exposed slopes.
(Jun. 20, 2019  3:19 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: Where does the destabilization come from? The layer looks so round and flat in terms of exposed slopes.
I am kinda confused at this question. Are you saying that air knight is not winning by destabilization or are you just asking where how or which part of air knight does the job?
If you asked for the latter purpose, I think the destabilization comes from the slopes below and above the layer. See some unboxing video of air knight in which they show the sides of the layer. You can see some upward and downward slopes (not sure of if both kind of slopes are there, but either one is surely there). And, when the opponent bey's layer goes under/ above (I think if the opponent layer goes under, air knight destabilizes better) the air knight layer, it can force it down and make it lose stamina. Also, air knight is kinda triangle-ish.
Yeah I really think we need to address the force smash of this layer. The design, while not shown in the anime(why?), is clearly meant to attack the opponent from above and knock it downwards, destabilizing the opponent.
Is the air knight layer larger than the maximum garuda layer?
Air knight has a level chip problem. Once you put a level chip on it, its stuck. I have came up with a solution. Just use a Phillip head screwdriver and push one of the prongs of the level chip with a good amount of force. I once inserted my level chip on my air knight layer, and once i found out that it was stuck, i was devastated, then about 2 months later, i just wanted my air knight layer not equipped with the level chip. I didn't care if my level chip breaks, i just wanted my air knight layer by itself, saw i used many different tools and came across my screwdriver, and used it, surprisingly, the level chip didn't break...... Now i am as happy as a bird.

(Sep. 22, 2019  4:23 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: Is the air knight layer larger than the maximum garuda layer?

About the same size
from test battles iv done myself and some just observation air knight has good destabilization properties depending on the height of the opposing bey but there are some issues that he himself gets destabilized with certain hits but the layer istelf just screams garuda to me has good stamina and good defensive capabilities just throwing my own hat in
(Jun. 10, 2019  8:07 AM)KingSpin Wrote: ==Description==
Air Knight is a Stamina Type Energy Layer, that features a wide, almost perfectly round and smooth edge only interrupted by shallow bumps, akin to the Garuda G3. As part of the Cho-Z Layer System, Air Knight features metal in its design; metal round after disk attachment, which makes Air Knight heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Air Knight is "divided" into 6: 3 of 2 holes areas and 3 little wings. At the center of this layer is a motif of a blue knight helmet. 

Air Knight's gimmick is its wings which forces air downwards as it spins, akin to a fan. In theory this gimmick would provide an upward force on the bey as it spins, reducing friction that its driver generates on the stadium, allowing it to spin longer. However in reality, any combo that can be formed with Air Knight would be too heavy, making any upward force this gimmick generates negligible.

Air Knight's suffers from being too top-heavy, as its wings are elevated. This makes it very vulnerable to destabilisation - once it starts to tilt, it struggles to recover and will eventually scrape against the stadium. Furthermore, the metal on the layer is focused in a ring along the center of the layer. As the weight is not distributed outward along the perimeter, it does not have good Outward-Weight-Distribution (OWD), further decreasing its stamina potential.

Air Knight has four moderate teeth. However, it has an extremely smooth outer perimeter with small bumps underneath. This renders Air Knight to have really smooth contact points, greatly reducing any recoil that other beys inflict on it. Along with its heavy weight, these factors make it a great counter to attack types, as it is hard to KO or burst. It might be noted that the smooth outer perimeter hinders its ability to steal spin against left-spinning beys, but also prevents them 

==Use in Defence Combinations==
Air Knight can be used in the Defence Combination Air Knight 00/0 Bump/Cross/Proof Orbit/Atomic. The heavy weight of 00/0 & Proof/Cross/Bump enhances the overall KO resistance. Orbit/Atomic provides enough stamina to secure a spin-finish against most attack type beys.

==Use in Balance Combinations==
Air Knight can be used in the Attack Combination Air Knight 00/0 Bump/Proof Destroy'. The wide circumference of Air Knight allows it to easily contact opposing beys. Together with the weight of 00/0 & Bump/Proof, it has a high chance of KOing the opponent on a good hit. Destroy' further increases the burst resistance, has good attack potential on a good launch, and has decent stamina to out-spin some matchups.

==Overall==

Air Knight is a niche layer that is very potent in countering attack combinations due to its smooth, defensive perimeter. However, it suffers from being too top-heavy, making it hard to succeed in a stamina combination.

As such, Air Knight is not a must-have but is instead a welcome addition to a blader's collection.

Note (not to be included in final version):
I made heavy edits as I do not find the original draft to be accurate at all, from what I hear from competitive bladers and my own tests. The original draft also wrongly emphasises on the effect of the gimmick, which does not make sense from a practical physics standpoint.

Try adding the roller performance tip to it. This should compensate for the bad tilting and has the potential to launch a nasty counter attack. Also, if the force of the air it creates does anything, it should be lighter on the wheels, therefore giving the counter attack a spinning motion and being faster, therefore more devastating. Dont take this comment to literally, I'm just a 12 year old boy obsessed with beyblade and physics.
(Jan. 04, 2020  4:55 AM)TheWingedBlader Wrote: Try adding the roller performance tip to it. This should compensate for the bad tilting and has the potential to launch a nasty counter attack. Also, if the force of the air it creates does anything, it should be lighter on the wheels, therefore giving the counter attack a spinning motion and being faster, therefore more devastating. Dont take this comment to literally, I'm just a 12 year old boy obsessed with beyblade and physics.

Unfortunately, Loop only makes the problem worse - the moment it tilts, the wheels start to cause even more friction scraping against the stadium floor. The "air force" is negligible considering the bey's entire weight - its hardly enough to provide substantial upward force to help.
Yeah, good point. I personally don't have air knight so I couldn't test this

Maybe it could work with garuda though
i find it can be used competitively but the upwards shape give large gaps underneath the layer and big contact points that can lead to a burst its pretty good but it has majer flaws that hold it back overall its okay but not great
He's the right spin giant fafnir without rubber