[Draft]  BU Blade - Zest

Zest (ゼスト, Zesuto) is a BU Blade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dynamite Battle Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-201 Zest Achilles Customize Set on August 6th, 2022.
==Description==
Zest, like its predecessor Infinite, is a Balance Type BU Blade featuring 2 swords in its design, somewhat evoking Judgement. Like Infinite and Union, Zest has an attachable accessory, the Zest Sword, though unlike the other 2, Zest's can be fit either on top or below, theoretically giving it 3 modes (Attack, Defense, Speed) and is dual spinning, able to change spin direction by inverting the BU Blade much like Master, World and Astral. As a BU Blade, it can be changed to fit the High and Low Modes of a Dynamite Battle Core and Armor.

In theory, Zest's gimmick would make it very flexible, but in truth Zest's design is too aggressive for and too light fot Defense or stamina, even with the accessory, with little to be used over more meta options.

As for attack, while it performs slightly better in same-spin matchups, compared to Xiphoid and Guilty, it is rather inconsistent.

==Overall==
Due to its light weight and lack of utility in any area compared to it's contemporaries in each, Zest is outclassed by almost every Blade released before it. While it is somewhat decent for attack, the more consistent Xiphoid and Guilty for right and left spin makes it obsolete.

As such, Zest is for collection purposes only.
(Sep. 05, 2022  6:12 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Zest (ゼスト, Zesuto) is a BU Blade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dynamite Battle Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-201 Zest Achilles Customize Set on August 6th, 2022.
==Description==
Zest, like its predecessor Infinite, is a Balance Type BU Blade featuring 2 swords in its design, somewhat evoking Judgement. Like Infinite and Union, Zest has an attachable accessory, the Zest Sword, though unlike the other 2, Zest's can be fit either on top or below, theoretically giving it 3 modes (Attack, Defense, Speed) and is dual spinning, able to change spin direction by inverting the BU Blade much like Master, World and Astral. As a BU Blade, it can be changed to fit the High and Low Modes of a Dynamite Battle Core and Armor.

In theory, Zest's gimmick would make it very flexible, but in truth Zest's design is too aggressive for Defense, isn't consistent enough for attack, and is too Light for either, even with the accessory, to be used over more meta options.
==Overall==
Due to its light weight and lack of utility in any area, Zest is outclassed by almost every Blade released before it.

Bruh. Zest is literally amazing at Attacking and I’d argue on the same levels as Guilty and Xiphoid. Where are you getting this information from? Most of it is false 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HEi5gb7TQtk
(Sep. 05, 2022  6:56 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2022  6:12 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Zest (ゼスト, Zesuto) is a BU Blade released by Takara Tomy as part of the Burst System as well as the Dynamite Battle Layer System. It debuted in Japan with the release of the B-201 Zest Achilles Customize Set on August 6th, 2022.
==Description==

In theory, Zest's gimmick would make it very flexible, but in truth Zest's design is too aggressive for Defense, isn't consistent enough for attack, and is too Light for either, even with the accessory, to be used over more meta options.
==Overall==
Due to its light weight and lack of utility in any area, Zest is outclassed by almost every Blade released before it.

Bruh. Zest is literally amazing at Attacking and I’d argue on the same levels as Guilty and Xiphoid. Where are you getting this information from? Most of it is false 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HEi5gb7TQtk

Not sure how I missed the email notification, but Kei's review of Zest is out, and tbh their testing is more in-depth than mine would've been. You can find their review here.

If I remember to, I'll try to do some testing tomorrow to confirm; but I wouldn't be so quick to rank it among Guilty and Xiphoid. Zest is very light, even with the attachment, and it's incredibly thin. But hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If it's really as good as you say it is, then surely it'll have appeared in a few winning combos lists, right? 

...right?

One post. I found one post regarding Zest appearing in the top 3 (where it was being used on Drift, might I add!); all other mentions were replies to this post regarding whether or not winning combos lists should take note of what modes a combo used, and how Zest's 48 modes would affect that hypothetical rule.