Downtime starting this Friday at 11 AM EST.

Hello,

We will be moving the site to our new host on Friday July 16th, at 11 AM Eastern time. To ensure that nothing brings issues during the transfer, we will of course turn the board off, so you might still be able to view the site for a while, but you will not be able to post anything.

Any news that we do get however, will be found over at the WBO's official twitter!
You can follow us at http://twitter.com/wbotweet .

Moreover, some of you might be unable to access the site at the new location for as long as 72 hours starting on Friday. This is only because the site has to be gradually tracked back by every connection. If you still cannot see anything when typing our regular address, "worldbeyblade.org", in your browser after three days, then find a way to contact me, probably via Beyblade Spirit.

Nothing should be lost though, and we will be ready to welcome you back as soon as possible.

For people interested in HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 2 : make sure to confirm or infirm your presence at the event before Friday, and also make sure that you have all the information you need to go to High Park. Have a good tournament !
ah thanks for letting us know!
I don't understand. So its 3 days without WBO or what?
(Jul. 14, 2010  8:15 PM)XDBeyblade Wrote: I don't understand. So its 3 days without WBO or what?

i guess so....
Thanks for the update,
You said you will be turning the board off Does this include the beywiki?
Thanks for the update Kai-V. Smile
I hope everyone can access WBO in less than those 72 hours though.
Basically you could be able to access the site only a few hours/minutes after the transfer, or as much as 72 hours. It depends, and I do not know if it is related to where you are in the world or not, so I cannot explain more.

You should still be able to view things, such as posts and Beywiki, however no edit or addition will be able to be made. Once the site has been moved and can be accessed though, of course we will turn the board back on as soon as it has happened, even if it has not been three days.
I'm glad we're getting a new host, but gorram it, this site is where I spend most of my online time. I don't know what to do in the down time...
thank you for letting us know, I also second Nuno's comment.
Toonpenguin I think beywiki might be available because when we had the "blackout" beywiki was still going.(EDIT:Beaten)

Also congratulations Kai - V on the new face! Smile
(Jul. 14, 2010  9:19 PM)Nuno Wrote: I hope everyone can access WBO in less than those 72 hours though.
At the same time, this could be true as well. I have noticed that our new host is always prudent, warning us of possible "long" delays for some things, however those things always happened very fast, so we did not have to worry. Hopefully it is the same way with getting redirected to the relocated site too.

Pockyx3 Wrote:Also congratulations Kai - V on the new face!
Oh, I appreciate it.
72 hours! thats too much ;(
(Jul. 14, 2010  10:27 PM)vamasco Wrote: 72 hours! thats too much ;(
I just wrote that it could be a lot shorter ...
well i can take it : )
(Jul. 14, 2010  9:24 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I'm glad we're getting a new host, but gorram it, this site is where I spend most of my online time. I don't know what to do in the down time...
There's still the twitter for all you WBO addicts ^ ^
Ar, why not for Facebook too, nothing to do without WBO
(Jul. 15, 2010  9:20 AM)theflightyellz Wrote: There's still the twitter for all you WBO addicts ^ ^
Hey, is someone calling me? (LOL)

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing what will happen without one day of WBO, haha. Unsmith
Thanks for telling. was wondering, why do you guys keep changing hosts?
(Jul. 15, 2010  11:32 AM)Pegasis Wrote: Thanks for telling. was wondering, why do you guys keep changing hosts?
We only changed hosts once, as far as I remember. Other downtimes were totally out of control and unexpected. Last time, our current host decided to do a server change without really notifying us of when it would happen ...
(Jul. 15, 2010  9:20 AM)theflightyellz Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2010  9:24 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: I'm glad we're getting a new host, but gorram it, this site is where I spend most of my online time. I don't know what to do in the down time...
There's still the twitter for all you WBO addicts ^ ^

Wait, there's a WBO Twitter?
(Jul. 15, 2010  2:12 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Wait, there's a WBO Twitter?
Yes. Check the first post of this thread.

I've been following it for like a month already, haha.
(Jul. 15, 2010  2:19 PM)Climax Wrote:
Yes. Check the first post of this thread.

I've been following it for like a month already, haha.

Wow, a reason to start using Twitter. There goes my dignity/self-respect.

Did you read all of the first post?
(Jul. 15, 2010  2:24 PM)LightningVoltix Wrote:

Did you read all of the first post?

Yes. I'm pretty sure it was added via edit afterwards.

EDIT: If it wasn't, I surprised I missed it.