Digimon virtual pets

just curious as to if anyone eles on here had these as kids http://arumi.crims0n.us/wp-content/uploa...gidem3.gif
and to disscusse tips and tricks to get you digimon to evolve certian ways
I'm not sure about NZ or Australia, but those editions were not as widely popular here, in the Anericas, as those used in the series/manga.
alot of my freinds played with them i just recently found my one and though id see if anyone eles on here played with them.I dont think we ever got the ones that were in the anime over here,cause im pretty sure the 1st series of digimon where the ones i posted a picture of

Edit: heres the wikipedia page for them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_virtual_pet
This is the first digivice used in the series...

"Tall-Goose"? What are ya, a Char wannabe? lol I'm just messing with ya.
Attached Files

.jpg   digivice2.jpg (Size: 19.46 KB / Downloads: 229)
yeah they didnt realse any virtual pets designed like that over here,only the ones i linked which were realsed pretty much straight after the series began and also the ones i linked have the digimon from the 1st series and were also the 1st ones to be realsed.

i think your talking about these ones http://www.toymania.com/news/images/digivice.jpg which were realsed after the ones i linked.
I had these and still do! Absolutely love them
(Jan. 03, 2010  7:01 AM)Dragonsclaw Wrote: I had these and still do! Absolutely love them

which version Grin?
I dunno got them when I was a kid
(Jan. 03, 2010  6:35 AM)The LVJ Wrote: I'm not sure about NZ or Australia
I think we had them, I remember having one extremely similar to that picture shown, when I was a kid.
(Jan. 03, 2010  7:53 AM)Dragonsclaw Wrote: I dunno got them when I was a kid

Im pretty sure the way to check what version is by removing that frame which has the keyhole on it then looking on the back of the frame is a number which is the series it is
i know v1 had like Agumon and v2 had Gabumon im pretty sure v3 had patamon
l know i had the first version i had a few of them and a lot of people i knew had them at the time.
i bought the Digivice D-3 some years ago u_u
I went to buy one of these last night and MIB they cost $150!!
well they were 1st realsed in 1995 lOL
Many people were originally quick to label the Digimon franchise as a Pokemon rip-off. The original pets were merely Bandai's attempt at marketing a virtual pet similar to their, then, highly popular Tamagotchi line to boys. Research proves that the Digimon brand came into existence before the famed Pocket Monsters: Red & Green games. Pokemon was merely a name created by retailers that happened to stick.

I just wished to point out these facts before some loose cannon showed to shoot carp from his/her mouth to cause trouble...
yeah i rember that everyone was like rip off if you watch the shows there pretty much completly diffrent there names just use apreviations which are simalar idk why people were so ignorate to think that it was a rip of Uncertain
Not only is digimon older that pokemon, but it's also much more interesting. The pokemon video games, however, absolutely floored digimon over here. I am constantly upset that digimon is dead, that the last few seasons SUCKED, and that Pokemon is still making huge money today Unhappy I never had a pendulum digivice, or a season one digivice. I've got the D3, the d-terminal, a d-power, and a d-tector. Last week a friend of mine said he might have a season 1 digivice for me, which would be sweet. I failed to inform him of how much they're worth online Pinching_eyes::

I never really got into playing with them, but I love(d?) pretending to be a tamer. I think I got pretty far with my d-power, but I got it second hand, so I never got to link it to the net or anything Unhappy
(Jan. 05, 2010  2:08 AM)Minion Wrote: Not only is digimon older that pokemon, but it's also much more interesting. The pokemon video games, however, absolutely floored digimon over here. I am constantly upset that digimon is dead, that the last few seasons SUCKED, and that Pokemon is still making huge money today Unhappy I never had a pendulum digivice, or a season one digivice. I've got the D3, the d-terminal, a d-power, and a d-tector. Last week a friend of mine said he might have a season 1 digivice for me, which would be sweet. I failed to inform him of how much they're worth online Pinching_eyes::

I never really got into playing with them, but I love(d?) pretending to be a tamer. I think I got pretty far with my d-power, but I got it second hand, so I never got to link it to the net or anything Unhappy

haha pretending to be a tamer was what i used to wanna do and with the v pet i always thought of it that xD therye realy quite fun i just started playing with mine again im up to the in training digimon now :3
(Jan. 05, 2010  2:08 AM)Minion Wrote: Not only is digimon older that pokemon, but it's also much more interesting. The pokemon video games, however, absolutely floored digimon over here. I am constantly upset that digimon is dead, that the last few seasons SUCKED, and that Pokemon is still making huge money today Unhappy I never had a pendulum digivice, or a season one digivice. I've got the D3, the d-terminal, a d-power, and a d-tector. Last week a friend of mine said he might have a season 1 digivice for me, which would be sweet. I failed to inform him of how much they're worth online Pinching_eyes::

The D-3 has always been my favorite, aesthetically. Digimon Adventure 02 was always favorite series of the franchise. I never cared much for Tamers.

What don't you like about Pokemon. (I'm a huge fan of the games)
(Jan. 05, 2010  4:01 AM)The LVJ Wrote: The D-3 has always been my favorite, aesthetically. Digimon Adventure 02 was always favorite series of the franchise. I never cared much for Tamers.

What don't you like about Pokemon. (I'm a huge fan of the games)

I don't think I was super clear there, the games are awesome, the show was kind of stupid. I love the monsters in digimon and the characters, pokemon are cute and all, but they're all sort of rolleypoley, where as digimon started off cute and cuddley, but became totally badass.

Though this is coming from the same person who was baffled by the fall of Monster Rancher to Digimon.
I love the idea of this, but ... why? Almost every kid has a DS and full-featured monster battling games like Pokémon just makes more sense, IMO. It's too bad Digimon never quite nailed that formula.
I like pokemon(look at my icon) but digimon always bet it IMO. Man... i would kill for one of these when digimon was still around but i was 5 and would probably flush it down the toilet Uncertain
(Jan. 05, 2010  7:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I love the idea of this, but ... why? Almost every kid has a DS and full-featured monster battling games like Pokémon just makes more sense, IMO. It's too bad Digimon never quite nailed that formula.

i think it was they didnt realy market the virtual pets that well they brought them out over here like a week or so after the anime,which was before people actully got over the fact they thought it was a pokemon rip off,then after tamers the direction they took digimon in wasnt very good and i guess alot of people just lost intrest in it then?
thoses digimon pets are SICK i was just thinking about it the other day no lie! and about pokemon all i have to say is that the games are good but the show kina sucked because once you have seen one episode of pokemon you ve seen them all