Digimon virtual pets

(Jan. 05, 2010  7:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I love the idea of this, but ... why? Almost every kid has a DS and full-featured monster battling games like Pokémon just makes more sense, IMO. It's too bad Digimon never quite nailed that formula.

I think the worst part about our digivices is what they lack from their asian counterparts. Didn't the japanese d-arc have an actual barcode scanner that read codes off of the TCG's?

I have another virtual pet called skanners that reads any household barcode, it's super nifty. And I think I was reading about a virtual pet toy that reads magnetic fields. Now that I think about it, I have a pet that could read signals from your TV, was that a digivice?

There is so much that virtual pets could acheive, but they never take off, at least not in america. Unhappy

Tamagotchi's are pretty okay, but digimon are rad.

The pikachu step counter that used infra red to talk to your gameboy colour was pretty nifty too. And really the only application that the gbc infra red port was used for to my recollection.
skanners i have one of those :L i lost all the barcodes it came with for healing and stuff Uncertain

and if i rember right the infa red port on the gbc was also used for mystery gift with pokemon gold,silver and cystal.

i rember when i was like 6 or 7 virtal pets over here was a realy big thing but no one stuck to certain types it was just virtual pets in general
You can print off specific codes for Skannerz online.
I still have a skannerz thing. I never really used it. It was a cool concept, but tamagotchis just dealt with those terrible blocky screen types a lot better.

Yeah the infra red port for GBC was pretty awesome. Smile
I collect Digimon stuff, I have 3 of the old v-pets, and a bunch of Digivices and such, I love the old v-pets, they're so fun.
Wow How convenient lol

I was just looking online to get myself a D-Arc Digivice (Want one badly right now lol)

But it goes for around $70

btw My Favorite Seasons were Adventure and Tamers Tongue_out
when i was small i didnt relly have time to buy these i feel so pissed off nowUnhappy
I swear I saw a bunch of those ones in Chinatown along with some One Piece toy that looked kind of like it.

Rumor is that a new Digimon season will be replacing DragonBall Kai. I don't think that's the smartest of ideas considering the money DBK makes for the amount of effort that's put in, but hey, I'm neither Toei, Fuji TV, or Bandai.
I would be excited about that if I had any hope it wouldn't be garbage.
if they make it alot more like tamers or the 1st two seasons it might end up being decent but i wouldnt count on it Uncertain
For years I argued that season 1 was my favourite, but recently I re-watched tamers, and now I'm not so sure. The who bio-merge thing was pretty cool.
(Jan. 10, 2010  6:25 AM)Minion Wrote: For years I argued that season 1 was my favourite, but recently I re-watched tamers, and now I'm not so sure. The who bio-merge thing was pretty cool.

tamers was the best season, i will punch the face of everyone who disagrees

the biomerge stuff was awesome, shame about the terrible CGI though. how could anyone look at the sakuyamon evolution and say it didn't look 10x better than dukemon?

ugh i feel like such a nerd
(Jan. 09, 2010  10:07 PM)To Wrote: I swear I saw a bunch of those ones in Chinatown along with some One Piece toy that looked kind of like it.

Rumor is that a new Digimon season will be replacing DragonBall Kai. I don't think that's the smartest of ideas considering the money DBK makes for the amount of effort that's put in, but hey, I'm neither Toei, Fuji TV, or Bandai.

Yeah i saw that it's supposed to be called digimon around.
(Jan. 10, 2010  7:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: ugh i feel like such a nerd

You ran a beyblade website/forum for like 7 years Tongue_out
(Jan. 10, 2010  7:32 PM)Minion Wrote: You ran a beyblade website/forum for like 7 years Tongue_out

arguing the merits of animated digimon evolution scenes vs cgi ones is way nerdier
I'll be the odd man out. Tamers, for some reason, always rubbed me the wrong way. I watched the whole series, nonetheless. Am I the only one who enjoyed Frontier?
I haven't actually watched frontier. I've seen the first few episodes, and a few random ones here and there, but the lack of digimon partners really put me off. I suppose that you could look at spirit evolution as essentially the same thing as bio-merge evolution though... Digimon was supposed to be all about friendship, and evolving from little blobs into bad-a55 monsters. I hated the character design of those two digimon that helped them out too...
I have to agree with you. The lack of partners was a bit off-putting. Most viewed it as the point that the franchise jumped the shark. All in all, I'm a sucker for anything sentai related.

"Henshin-a-go-go, baby!"
DUDE
My friend had one of those!
When ever i slept over at his house as kids, we would battle all the time lol.
any1 have those digimon data squad virtual pets???
(Jan. 11, 2010  2:02 AM)Woty Wrote: any1 have those digimon data squad virtual pets???

DIdn't know 1 was out from them
digimon and pokemon should join forces to make 1 hecka good show pokemons popularity and digimons monsters and plot
(Jan. 18, 2010  8:30 PM)Woty Wrote: digimon and pokemon should join forces to make 1 hecka good show pokemons popularity and digimons monsters and plot

Tired

The only reason pokemon is still so popular is because it is nintendo's poster child.
(Jan. 19, 2010  1:49 AM)Minion Wrote: Tired

The only reason pokemon is still so popular is because it is nintendo's poster child.

Then, call me a "sucker". Pinching_eyes_2
LOL bandai probley makes enuff money off gundam models and ben 10 stuff anyway