Digimon Virtual Pets/Digivices

Poll: Do you have a DigiMon virtual pet?

Yes
46.67%
No
53.33%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
This is for discussing Digimon Virtual Pets, the toys that started the Digimon franchise! Yes, I do relies they're a bit old, but I know some people enjoy old things.

Things to discuss:

Digivice discussing:

Also, the virtual pets aloud to discuss are: The original, Digimon Mini, the Digivice iC, the digivice burst, Digimon World 1 and Digimon World Championship. Also, the poll is only for the Mini, original and iC.
There was actually an emulator (a legit one) in the Android Market. I think it's in the Apple Store as well, but I can't vouch for that (don't know if there is, actually). I installed it on my phone to have a taste of the original ones. I had Version 2, I think, so I got Punimon.

Mother of god, it was a hassle in only an hour. I tried to use the WithTheWill website to try and take care of it, but I couldn't keep up with it. They say it gets hungry or poos every 2 hours, mine got hungry/pooed every 2 minutes. It gets full 8 hours of sleep? Mine slept for only 20 minutes! I had to go to California the next day, so I uninstalled the app so it wouldn't bother me on the plane.

It was fun for a bit, but just for a bit.
That's cool, I think other ones are easier to raise. Maybe there was a mode change feature on the app? (Easy, Medium and Hard). Since it was an emulator, the site was probably for actual product. :)

Also, should this be put in the media forum? :/
I don't think, it's basically a video game.
I thought so, but I wanted to make sure.
I think they've already made this topic.
What do you mean by that?
Search "Digimon virtual pets". Just capitalize
I already did, nothing came up.
For the virtual pet? Yeah, there is, but Rustled Jimmies pointed out that the app was hard, and a bit annoying.
If you have a Droid phone or Google Play shop whatever the deuce it's called, you can try it out. It's called...ah shnaz, I forgot what it's called. Oh yeah, look up VPET. It'll look like the Digimon V-Pet.

If you have the patience for it, give it a shot. Don't take my word for it. But I'm telling you right now, it's way too fast-paced if you're someone with some low-as-shnaz patience.

Use this website for reference: http://lcd.wtw-x.net/
Oh, cool. How much is it?
yah,yeah.I want a digimon baby
Wink notice it has features.(get it)[/color]
Wink notice it has features.(get it)[/color]
Wink notice it has features.(get it)
... OK then! So far, no one who posted has one?
I got the app five minutes ago. Its begged for food three times, pooed four. Im getting POd at that dang blob. Its a freaking poo machine!
I can't get the app, is it on the App store?
For android it is. Annoying as puff! I found it by searching "digimon".
Edit: And the poo count rises to 7 in 10 minutes. There is something wrong with this digimon.
As someone who owns the vast majority of every Digimon v-pet ever released, all still in mint working condition, I suppose I could call myself a fan of them. I rarely run them unless I'm in the mood, but they're all quite easily managed, once out of their first hour of life.

I'm friends with, or used to be anyway(haven't spoken to them in a while), the designer of the app, and most of the other well-functioning v-pet simulators, and have been a member on With the Will for many years. I contributed to some information on their resource, and personally tested many things, as well as offered troubleshooting advice and tricks for battery switching, shell swapping, etc.

My collection is extremely valuable, and I fear some of it may have aged almost to a point of defect(especially my minis, which seem to have very short lifespans as it is... faulty hardware runs rampant in them), but it's probably one of the collections I will never part with. When I'm in a v-pet mood, I am occasionally known to run as many as 3 or 4 at a single time with little trouble. Sometimes more if I'm running classic Pendulums for Jogressing.

My favorites, which I cycle through depending on what I want to raise, are my Mini 2.0, iC 20X, Pendulum 2.5, Orignial v1, Original V4, and Pendulum X 1.5 and 2.0.

For what it's worth, I also have most of the JP Digivices, and several US release ones, too.
Thats.... Awesome! I may get an iC 20X soon.
The ICs are really good, but the Bursts are awful, by comparison. Bursts kind of remove a lot of the dependance on being good at caring for and fulfilling requirements of any kind, as well as just being kind of boring. My 20X has seen almost as much use as my minis, which is nearly quadruple that of most of my others(I'm prone to getting a Mini to what I want on it, usually HeraclesKabuterimon on my 2.0, and then just taking care of it until the battery dies, which is usually 2-3 months).
I almost considered getting the Xros Loader when Digimon Xros Wars first came out. I really wanted the Twilight Army one, but was HORRENDOUSLY disappointed that it was an event item only. I also wanted it for the MP3 factor, but I LOVE to listen to music, so it wouldn't be able to contain what I like.

Otherwise, I used to have the US Digivice, D3, and D-Power. I really liked the D-Power, but I didn't have any cards I can use on it, nor did it really make sense to me. I never really got far on the "adventure" part of the Digivices, though.
(Sep. 12, 2012  12:06 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: I almost considered getting the Xros Loader when Digimon Xros Wars first came out. I really wanted the Twilight Army one, but was HORRENDOUSLY disappointed that it was an event item only. I also wanted it for the MP3 factor, but I LOVE to listen to music, so it wouldn't be able to contain what I like.

Otherwise, I used to have the US Digivice, D3, and D-Power. I really liked the D-Power, but I didn't have any cards I can use on it, nor did it really make sense to me. I never really got far on the "adventure" part of the Digivices, though.

The Xros Loader is a wonderful device, and I poured a couple dozen hours into mine before growing the slightest bit weary of it. The blue one still looks quite nice(though I never favored the black one at all anyway), in my opinion, and it is the one I have. I'm pretty sure I spent more time hollering/singing into it than I did scanning cards with my D-Scanner, back when I still had one.

Also, for anyone who's out to get a Digimon v-pet that is extremely low-maintenance and doesn't punish you for messing up, the Xros Wars Digimon Minis are exactly that; evolution has nothing to do with care, killing it takes literal days of neglect, and they're very low-maintenance(poop every 90-120 minutes, eat once an hour, etc, like the rest of the Minis). I did not think I'd be fond of it, since they take all of the real responsibility out(which, for these, is ensuring your evolution goes properly - something I relish in and am generally flawless at where percentage-based odds aren't in play), but it is nice being able to just have a Seadramon or whatever immediately at hand.
(Sep. 12, 2012  12:06 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: I almost considered getting the Xros Loader when Digimon Xros Wars first came out. I really wanted the Twilight Army one, but was HORRENDOUSLY disappointed that it was an event item only. I also wanted it for the MP3 factor, but I LOVE to listen to music, so it wouldn't be able to contain what I like.

For the American version for the D-Power I'm pretty sure you just select a card on the games inventory and swipe anything, I could be wrong though. I envy you both for your collections, the only one I (will) have is the iC. I'm young, so its hard to get money.
Don't feel bad; my collection cost me thousands and is now worth more than triple what I originally paid for it. It took me two years to amass it, given exactly how rare many of the vintage V-Pets are nowadays(especially in any servicable condition). Many of the ones I enjoy most are newer(the Minis, Xros Mini, and the iC20X, specifically), so you're not entirely out of options.

However, Pendulum X, Originals, and Original Pendulums will run you EXTREME amounts of money, NIB and even just mint/used condition now. Even four years ago, some of my Pendulums cost more than 80 USD NIB, and one particularly rare version(a Pendulum 5.5) cost $120. If you want a Pendulum Progress 3.0, you're looking at an absolutely nauseating sum of money NIB; they can be as high as $200.

My Original v1 will always hold the most precious place in my heart, even if I run my Minis instead of it(largely out of fear of breaking/damaging it, by now, as it is still in very mint condition even after 15 years of not inconsequential use), however.

Your first Digimon v-pet will always be significant to you, and in choosing the iC20X, you have made a choice I can promise will satisfy you. I personally wrote the guide for the minigames on that version that is hosted on File Island(and am credited on it as Orochistorm, my name on WtW), and it really is just one of my favorite devices, both aesthetically and in roster, function, and managability.

By the way, I decided to go through mine and take full inventory of everything I own. Here is my full collection, all of which have been opened and used, but are mint, and most of which still have their original packaging:

V-Pet Collection:

Bandai Japan V-Pets:
-Original v1 x1(Rare Red-and-Gray version)
-Original v4 x3(2 Red, 1 D1 Grand Prix Silver)
-Original v5 x1
-Pendulum 1.0 x1
-Pendulum 2.0 x1
-Pendulum 2.5 x1
-Pendulum 4.5 x1
-Pendulum 5.0 x1
-Pendulum 5.5 x1
-Pendulum Progress 1.0 x1
-Pendulum X 1.0 x1
-Pendulum X 1.5 x1
-Pendulum X 2.0 x1
-Digimon Accelerator Justice Genome x1
-Digimon Accelerator Nature Genome x1
-Digimon Mini v1 x2
-Digimon Mini v2 x3
-Digimon Mini v3 x1
-Digimon iC 20X x1
-Digimon Twin L x2 (1 Normal, 1 L&R Silver Twin Set)
-Digimon Twin R x2 (1 Normal, 1 L&R Silver Twin Set)
-Xros Wars Mini Blue Flare x1

Bandai Japan Digivices/Adventure Pets:
-Season 1 JP Digivice x1(Blue)
-D-3 v1 x1
-D-3 v3 x2
-Ultimate D-Ark GALLANTMON CRIMSON MODE Ver. x1
-Xros Loader Blue Flare ver x1

Bandai Asia V-Pets:
-D-Cyber 2.0

Bandai Asia Digivices/Adventure Pets:
-Digimon NEO v1

Bandai America V-Pets: