Defense Clear Wheel Testing Thread

I got to thinking today about how and why we consider a defense clear wheel to be "top tier." I realize that a huge factor is pure weight of the clear wheel, effectively removing light clear wheels as possibilities for good defense combos. Here, I will post results to a test that I conducted, pitting the Bull clear wheel against the Aquario clear wheel.

MF-H Earth Bull GB145WB V. Gravity Perseus T125RF
EB: 20% GP 80%

MF-H Earth Aquario GB145WB V. Gravity Perseus T125RF
EA: 40% GP: 60%

MF-H Earth Cancer GB145WB V. Gravity Perseus T125RF
EC: 30% GP: 70%

Analysis:

Here is my point: just because one clear wheel weighs more does it really mean that it's better suited for defense? I don't necessarily think it does. Aquario is very close to Bull in weight, and got similar results. Why did Aquario get a few more wins? Look closely at Aquario's clear wheel. Now look closely at Bulls. The difference that I see is that Aquario, while at the same elevation and height as Bull, stays that way consistently around the entire wheel. Bull slants at a portion of it's clear wheel. What does this mean? I was thinking, could this mean that Aquario has a higher air resistance than Bull? While viewing the tests I noticed that when hit Aquario did not go flying nearly as far as Bull did. Let me know if you think my theory is correct, post some tests of your own as well. Try out some clear wheels that you think would do well as defense types!

Disclaimer: My RS/RSF parts have not arrived unfortunately...if anyone could replicate the above tests with those parts I'm sure we'd see better results that would prove my theory.

All tests were done in a Takara Tomy BB-10 Stadium
You got a 20% difference by switching a clear wheel that is less than 1 gram of a difference?

Hmmmmmmmm Libruhhh

I really don't think that air resistance will affect defense at all in MFB. Especially just with the clear wheel.

Bull has generally a better weight distribution and generally a relatively similar weight, which is why it gets used.

I guess I could do tests, but I'd rather not; I really don't think this is worth looking into. Speechless
When Aquario was hit it did not move as far across the stadium as Bull did. That is mainly what I based my idea on, although the extra wins helped as well. I used to use Bull all the time. I'm an avid Bull user. However, maybe some of the other clear wheels have something to offer defense combos as well.
Defense in mfb comes down to the friction with the stadium, weight of the beyblades, and coverage the metal wheel and/or track gives.
So, all the clear wheel can offer is weight, and a little added friction(in this case, where the weights are similar)

BUT, if your aquario is hasbro, it may be a little bit heavier than your bull. But that really shouldn't make more than a 5% difference.
I used both Hasbro and Aquario Legend wheels in my tests. Unfortunately I don't have a scale, otherwise I'd post weights. I can see where you're coming from, but how would you explain what I saw? Wouldn't a defensive beyblade being able to hold it's own and stay relatively put be considered more defensive than one that couldn't?
Test Cancer too, I'd like to see those results..
I just updated with results for Cancer as requested by Dan.
Hah, 20,30,40.

It was cancer? And not Gasher? Those two have quite a big difference; making sure
It was cancer. I understand about the low percentages that they're getting. I'm hoping for higher results once my basalt arrives XD
Did you include wins where the Defense Bey was saved by the Stadium Walls?
In the weights of MFB thread,The weight of Legend Bull is about .6-7 grams lighter.
Same goes for Aquario.
Khel was right! Aquario is better. Testing of other clear wheels like Kerbecs and Horogium would be good too. Awesome thread man.
As soon as my basalt horogium arrives I will commence testing. Would you be able to show any of your results to prove my point further ultrablader? Thanks!
Now I have a reason to buy storm aquario besides for the bottom, which is better than my RF
beacause I used my friends. by the way, try to use a destablizer test like on my last youtube vid( which is unfinished, by the way) with that kind of difference
er why? Destabilisers against this won't prove anything. Destabilisers outspin which won't show a clear wheels defensive ability.
I agree. They need to be put to the test against top tier attack types to prove their worth as good defense combos.
I have been thinking more about potential defense wheels and would love to see results on the following:
Beafowl (I honestly think this clearwheel has lots of unrecognized potential)
Horogium
Capricorn (just for the heck of it)
Ketos (I know it doesn't have use for stamina, doubtful on defense but test anyway. I actually think it's design leans more towards a good choice for attack)
Pegasus (similar to capricorn, just for the the heck of it/to see if its been overlooked)

If someone could help me with these tests I would greatly appreciate it!
Hmmm.... Wolf seems to be a good clear wheel too...
Ah...forgot about that one. I will look into some of them tonight/tomorrow
So we're gonna have to test every clear wheel pretty much if it isn't strictly determined by weight?
Another guideline I think should be having protrusions all around the wheel. Similar to auqario. Anything that could cause air resistance.
I hope you don't mind me asking again, but:
(Mar. 26, 2011  4:04 AM)Diamond Wrote: Did you include wins where the Defense Bey was saved by the Stadium Walls?

Because if you did, then the test results would've just been a matter of luck, especially since you're using WB, which gets knocked around pretty easily.
To be honest a couple of them were as you described, however I did notice considerable differences between the way bull and aquario reacted when hit. Namely that aquario moved less when struck
(Mar. 27, 2011  4:50 AM)trumpetblade Wrote: To be honest a couple of them were as you described, however I did notice considerable differences between the way bull and aquario reacted when hit. Namely that aquario moved less when struck
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

BTW, if it isn't too much to ask for, could you please do 10 more tests for the three Clear Wheels so that the 'few wall saves' wouldn't affect the accuracy of the tests as much?
I absolutely can. I'll look in to that tomorrow (probably). Also, my orders are coming in this week so look for more testing in other areas from me as well. BASALT. So pumped <--off topic, I know.