Dear WBO Staff

Hello and hope y’all are enjoying life. I wanted to say this publicly to also get some feedback from the community on if what I’m saying is crazy or not. 

Anyway this is about competitive play, from formats, rules, organizing etc. I enjoy the WBO community. True I’m doing FGC events now also but the overall goal is to promote Beyblade. With regards to the WBO I think it’s a beautiful organization that came together to help share the love of beyblading. To reach the young and older generations. That’s a great thing.

Overtime and definitely in recent times the sport of Beyblade has evolved so much. Not just the Beys, but the skill of players, amount of skillful players and the competitive community here within North America. I know WBO is going on worldwide but for the most part events are held in North America. We are or have the highly competitive scene within the WBO. We don’t have the diversity of having WBBA events.

Anyway, what I’m trying to say is as the sport is evolving I really think the organization, on the competitive end, should too. These thoughts come from recent post and threads regarding 3v3, P3C1, B-183 stadium testing etc. 

I know it’s tough to make a drastic change and/or quick decision. The organization is fan ran so I’m sure all of the staff has their own personal lives. With that though I think inviting some of the highly active organizers and competitors into some of the staff meetings or at least getting input could help. Maybe this is already in the works I’m not sure. All I know is that this sport is extremely fun and has exponential potential to grow but we have to grow with it. Japan, the creator, saw that with the switch from 3G to 5G and even incorporating different stadiums into events. I think this keeps things fun and up to date like any sport. 

I’m a little sad Shindogs event was put to unranked. I think that would have been a great opportunity to showcase the enjoyment of a new format. Idk if it was your personal decision Shindog and I apologize if I put you on the spot. I just know you’re a legit organizer and love the game for what it is. 

A small solution I could see is allowing organizers to have options of specific formats for pre finals in their local community. Whether P3C1, 3v3 or something else legit. With deck still the main format for finals. If there is a debate on consistency within the community I could understand that but honestly deck format is the only format, in my opinion, that requires legit skill and leaves very little to chance or luck. So keeping that consistent for finals will continue to have the top bladers at the top and enforce others to strive on getting there. 

This can also give a little leeway to our organizers to keep things entertaining for their local communities. Organizers are the reason Beyblade and WBO has grown within our local areas. Without them we really couldn’t do much. 

Ok I’ll shut up now. Just wanted to say this. Hope it’s taken well and in no way am I trying to be rude or disrespectful ✌🏾
It wasn’t my personal decision, but I respect the decision of the team.  I believe a ranked test event will be a better stress test at this point to our LAD solutions.  However,  the way I view the bey rank…  may not be the norm, and I understand that.  The event is now unranked for reason that I don’t agree with but I can understand.

I do very much appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts StayCool
Also, Toronto has been able to run ranked solutions twice for the single bey standard format. That seems to work for them. It’s worth a look for organizers with big LAD problems.
Bey rank is tough because it reflects so much and so little at the same time. The recent change to, or work to change standard and classic to separate, I feel was a move in the right direction. I can say that with the current formats Bey rank will consistently be skewed. I’m 100% for giving new players a chance but it’s also tough to justify why a top or experienced Blader went 0-5 in a tournament because they were unlucky.

(Sep. 10, 2021  5:27 AM)Shindog Wrote: Also, Toronto has been able to run ranked solutions twice for the single bey standard format.  That seems to work for them.  It’s worth a look for organizers with big LAD problems.

I’ll check it out. I know they’ve done some testing but I didn’t know it was ranked. Actually on second thought I think I did hear about it in regards to consistent ties in a match
(Sep. 10, 2021  5:29 AM)StayCool Wrote: Bey rank is tough because it reflects so much and so little at the same time. The recent change to, or work to change standard and classic to separate, I feel was a move in the right direction. I can say that with the current formats Bey rank will consistently be skewed. I’m 100% for giving new players a chance but it’s also tough to justify why a top or experienced Blader went 0-5 in a tournament because they were unlucky.

(Sep. 10, 2021  5:27 AM)Shindog Wrote: Also, Toronto has been able to run ranked solutions twice for the single bey standard format.  That seems to work for them.  It’s worth a look for organizers with big LAD problems.

I’ll check it out. I know they’ve done some testing but I didn’t know it was ranked. Actually on second thought I think I did hear about it in regards to consistent ties in a match
I hope the Toronto Ruleset maybe helpful to you. 

Some of the concerns that people have with having multiple formats and stadium are stated here.  I am curious to hear what people think about the rankings in that context. 

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Fir...pid1794084
Thank you Shindog 🙏🏾. I do think one stadium should be used. I just think it should be an updated stadium lol.