Dark Wolf testing

after getting BB-21 i couldnt wait to get more tops. today i got my BB-32 hybrid wheel and stadium set. i thought that storm pegasus was the beyblade of most use in the box, but i found while playing the out-of-box beyblades Dark Wolf DF145FS and Storm Pegasus 105RF i was suprised to see that Dark Wolf was outclassing Storm Pegasus nearly every time!

so, i through a 100 track on storm, and played some more with very little difference.

i practiced and got banking and sliding shoot down to an art and thought i'd reaserch the possibility of Dark Wolf being a contender to one of the arch-type tops in the MFB meta-game.

so, here's the data, 20 games each combo. you'll see the strange corrolation and that was completely freaky (honestly, didnt rig it ... just didnt count draws).

Storm Pegasus vs:

DarkWolfDF145FS:
01:W
02:L
03:L
04:W
05:L
06:W
07:W
08:W
09:W
10:W
11:W
12:L
13:L
14:L
15:W
16:W
17:W
18:L
19:W
20:W

W:13 L:7
---65/35---

okay, this is what sparked my interest in Dark Wolf. The wins that SPegasus got were mostly from within about 6 seconds of both blades entering the attack stadium. unfortunatly i dont have a partner so the blades entry to the ring weren't together. still, i kept it as fair as possible. basically i could almost work out that Dark Wolf was going to win simply because Spegasus's early spurt of life didnt quite do enough. obviously that theory wasn't always right but i'd say 5 of the games were won by SPegasus's quick ringout.

DarkWolfDF145SF:

02:W
04:L
06:W
08:L
10:L
12:W
13:W
14:W
17:L

---65/35---

i thought it would be quite fascinating to see how this would turn out because semi-flat was always my favrioute base from the origonal plastics. unfortunatly tbh most of these games were won by DarK Wolf because of the nature of Spegasus100RF. often Spegasus would enter the bowl, spin a little, hit Dark Wolf, spin a little more, aaaaaaaand glide straight out the ring Tired . unfortunatly, since there was contact i do have to count that as a loss for SPegasus. so yeah, the results are there but the way it was won was pretty much a luck sack and SPegasus really did bake a whole batch of fail cakes against the SF mod.

DarkWolf125FS:

01:L
03:W
04:W
05:W
06:L
09:L
11:L

Okay, im just gonna be frank, this beyblade sucked. if anything i think me and my sliding shoot and banking technique here was on a real off day. I've always prefered the concept involved of attack types to other types in MFB because they are just alround more exciting to watch. but when it comes to a tournement, i think im going to be reconsidering due to the fact that attack blades using RF (staple base for attack baldes right?) really are just too unpredictable and luckbased to be as effective as say a top notch endurance blade. this came out in this setup, Dark Wolf got lucky... thats all i can really say.

DarkWolf125SF:

01:w
07:L
08:L
10:W
11:L
13:L
15:L
17:L
18:W
19:L
20:L

W:7 L:13
---35/65---

this was just a waste of my time.

okay, i saw on the box that even the plastic hybid attachment had stats, i know that stats really dont mean anything but i thought i'd try it.

soooo... StormWolfDF145SF vs DarkPegasus100RF (i put the black pegasus face on it and re-named it Pegasus Black Storm!)

05:W
09:L
14:W
18:W
19:L
20:L

---65/35---

well, it didnt make too much difference. im not sure but i do think both blades werent performing as well as with their origonal hybrid layers. oh well, i think Pegasus Black Storm is cool anyway Tongue_out

----------------------------------------------------

i hope i've provided something of use to at least one person here. im looking to get the BB-22 reshufle set and get Rock Leone. Endurance beyblades always entrigued me and i'd like to see Dark Wolf make an endurance (though i think it may be better as defence). the thing i like about it is that its the widest and second heaviest wheel (wolf is the heaviest) i own. its also quite thick, seems to have a 'large and in charge' aproach to the bowl, unlike SPeagasus that zonks around like its on crack or something. it kinda reminds me of the battle striker rhino (im not a battle striker myself, but ive seen some vids.). the way it uses supperior size and bulk to shunt away the opponent is a good play imo. may make a decent: defence bey, defence/endurance (combination) bey, or an endurance bey. the reason i think it would make a good endurance bey (endurance beys arent conventionally bulky and heavy right?)it because it has just enough bulk to shunk away attack beys without the need for a defence base.

thanks for reading Smile
well ive heard dark wolf is pretty useless but it looks kinda cool though hmmm is that actually possible storm pegasis losing to dark wolf?
Based on the combo I'd dispute this. I seriously doubt these test results honestly, especially considering I've tried the Dark Wolf wheel before (well, Dark Bull but whatever).

The Dark metal wheel is certainly not heavy enough to withstand a well performed smash attack from a Storm much less a Quetzalcoatl.

Combo I tested was Dark Bull DF145FS, not much for test results aside that they weren't very promising. FS wasn't that good IMO, and I had wanted to test it at the time. Storm 90RF (at the time) had at least an 85% win rate against it. Considering a smash attack sends that thing flying all over the place I really don't see how he could have gotten his results if he'd tested right.

What stadium did you use?

I won't be testing any combo's with RF or against RF here until the 22nd comes and goes. Must keep my parts as optimal as I can pre-tourney.
(Aug. 18, 2009  12:18 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Based on the combo I'd dispute this. I seriously doubt these test results honestly, especially considering I've tried the Dark Wolf wheel before (well, Dark Bull but whatever).

The Dark metal wheel is certainly not heavy enough to withstand a well performed smash attack from a Storm much less a Quetzalcoatl.

Combo I tested was Dark Bull DF145FS, not much for test results aside that they weren't very promising. FS wasn't that good IMO, and I had wanted to test it at the time. Storm 90RF (at the time) had at least an 85% win rate against it. Considering a smash attack sends that thing flying all over the place I really don't see how he could have gotten his results if he'd tested right.

What stadium did you use?

I won't be testing any combo's with RF or against RF here until the 22nd comes and goes. Must keep my parts as optimal as I can pre-tourney.

the results arent something im goin to justify to you, i was suprised greatly by this, i expected SPegasus100RF to wipe the floor with it, but it didnt. if you want to 'dispute' it then dont accept the data, as i tried the best i could to do this fairly and most accuratly, obviously you dont agree, well thats fair enough but thats still not my problem. the results are the results, maybe i'll do some more games and maybe i wont, either way this is the data so take it of leave it.

i believe the stadium in BB-32 is the attack stadium.

like i already said, for me i was really annoyed with SPegasus, i expected it to absolutly decimate it. the problem with RF is the its just too destructive. F isnt good enough, so RF is the only option for attacks but the chances of the beyblade going over the tornado ridge and straight out were just too high and therefore im not as optimistic as i was with it being a tournement blade.
A Fresh RF won't stay in the stadium, it needs a little bit of wear on it.
So these results have nothing to do with Dark Wolf being strong and everything to do with you being unable to keep RF in the stadium. Seems to invalidate the whole thing.
(Aug. 18, 2009  1:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So these results have nothing to do with Dark Wolf being strong and everything to do with you being unable to keep RF in the stadium. Seems to invalidate the whole thing.

not at all. at the end of the day this was to test a popular arche-type (storm pegasus 100RF) vs a completely overlooked beyblade. and the overlooked beyblade came out on top and one fo the things that helped it come out on top is the unreliablility of RF. it may be the staple attack base, but due to the nature of it Dark Wolf found itself blagging a cheap win. i was glad i found this out before entering a tournement because i would have been a bit bummed out if i went all the way to a final and then flunked in the game i had to win because it decided to run out the bowl.

the fact that i found RF unreliable was one of the things that helped Dark Wolf to victory, in my eyes that validates the point.

i'll do a vid as soon as i found my digital camera xp, i'll demonstrate my abbility to bank, and my sliding shoot. then have a first to 3/ best of 5 match with DarkWolfDF145FS vs StormPegasus100RF.

PS: anyone liek the Pegasus Black Storm thing? anyone?
No, it doesn't at all.

If you put your Dark Wolf combos up against someone who could use an RF properly you'd get murdered.
ehhh ur probably just like me, new to RF, and totally suck with it XD

also, you never listed how Dark Wolf won... Storm could have very easily ran itself out of the stadium...

and just for the record... you should be expecting some criticism because your posting results with a wheel that most members have excepted as useless... so dont take it personally Grin
(Aug. 18, 2009  1:38 AM)Limeguy64 Wrote: ehhh ur probably just like me, new to RF, and totally suck with it XD

also, you never listed how Dark Wolf won... Storm could have very easily ran itself out of the stadium...

and just for the record... you should be expecting some criticism because your posting results with a wheel that most members have excepted as useless... so dont take it personally Grin

like i saisd, i'll demo my abbility to use SPegasus100RF. the got through the games pretty fast, though i did sumaries the best i could. and yes, often storm ran itself out of the stadium, and thats not good at all.

for me, this is the data i got for the tests i conducted. its up you guys if you want to believe or deny the results, but i dont really want to have to justify. after i make the vid you can decide wether my data id valid or not.
(Aug. 18, 2009  1:46 AM)axe_ninja Wrote: for me, this is the data i got for the tests i conducted. its up you guys if you want to believe or deny the results, but i dont really want to have to justify. after i make the vid you can decide wether my data id valid or not.

Then don't post it if you don't want to justify it. And you didn't specify if the win was via KO or outspin. This is truly due to your inability to use RF properly and you should accept that. It's fine that you can't; it's hard to use, but you can learn. But your conclusion was "Dark Wolf is good!" when it should have been "I am bad with RF."

If RF ran itself out of the stadium, that does not make Dark Wolf good. It says nothing about Dark Wolf's potential, just your inability with RF. How can you not understand that?

Try reading this thread before posting results in the future: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...Strategies
alright so i just wanted to post some results of my own testing... (i got sliding shoot down XD) and ill edit this post as i go along...

Storm Pegasis100RF vs. Dark WolfDF145FS
R1: Storm (KO)
R2: Storm (KO)
R3: Storm (KO)
R4: Storm (KO)
R5: Storm (KO)
... and after that i decided it wouldnt be worth to test any farther because its just too repetitive...

Storm Pegasis100RF vs. Dark WolfDF145SF
R1: Storm (KO)
R2: Storm (KO)
R3: Dark (storm ran itself out...)
R4: Storm (KO)
R5: Storm (KO)
and yea again... it was kinda one sided...

and now my thumb kinda hurts so ima take a break and like i said ill edit this post later with the rest...

i know 5 rounds isnt enough to be considered a real test... but it was just sooo one sided i didnt feel like wearing down my RF any more... cuz i can control it now for the most part XD
been working on my sliding shoot. SPeg is winning alot more nowm but every now and again it doesv just fall out the ring still
from the tests i have taken, wolf is much better than pegasus due to the fact a stamina/balance type is of course a better bey than an attack. my results are as follows:
1.wolf
2.wolf
3.wolf
4.wolf
5.wolf
6.wolf
7.wolf
8.wolf
9.wolf
10.wolf
And you probably used a Hasbro Beystadium, what a completely pointless necromancy ... Only revive new topics if you have something valid and relevant to say.