[DFW Area, North Texas. US] August Showdown in Cowtown?

(Dec. 12, 2010  9:52 PM)Evan Wrote: Okay cool. Would you be able to cover the $10 charge for getting into the convention as well as probably $10 for prizes and the room?

So as of now we have 5 people interested! 10 more and I can contact the convention about setting up a room.

dude i love beyblade and i train everyday so im in

i also have a max standpede stadium so i might be able to help im also trying to find a place to make the beyblading place so PM me for ideas and suggestions and pm me on when it begins
If you had read my post above you would notice that we do not need ANY Hasbro stadiums at this event. If this event goes through it will be an officially ranked Standard Format WBO tournament, meaning we will be using the Takara Tomy Attack Stadium (I will provide one, others would be nice). You may bring a Hasbro stadium for free play, but it won't be used in the tournament. I will be bringing my Max Stampede and Super Vortex for free play (thiSISEd94R will be bringing the Lightning L-Drago Stadium).

I'm asking EVERYONE who wants to be a part of this event to email A-Kon and A-Fest to show support. Tell them you want a Beyblade tournament to be held there!
(Dec. 09, 2010  10:48 PM)Evan Wrote: Anyone who likes Anime in North Texas probably knows about A-Kon and A-Fest. They are annual conventions held in Dallas where Anime fans go to buy merchandise, cosplay, meet up with friends, test products, etc. I tried setting one of these up two years ago and the staff at A-Kon said they would be willing to rent a room if we had at least 10 people RSVP for the event.

A-Kon is held at the beginning of every summer and A-Fest at the end. I would be fine with whatever works with you guys.

where is it going 2 be and when is it going 2 start?
(Jan. 21, 2011  3:20 AM)Hyorinmaru Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2010  10:48 PM)Evan Wrote: Anyone who likes Anime in North Texas probably knows about A-Kon and A-Fest. They are annual conventions held in Dallas where Anime fans go to buy merchandise, cosplay, meet up with friends, test products, etc. I tried setting one of these up two years ago and the staff at A-Kon said they would be willing to rent a room if we had at least 10 people RSVP for the event.

A-Kon is held at the beginning of every summer and A-Fest at the end. I would be fine with whatever works with you guys.

where is it going 2 be and when is it going 2 start?

Akon. Its in dallas texas, witch is far from ingleside.
And not sure, but the con starts on a friday in june.
When is akon or afest? I may be able to go. I could bring a sradium for free play.
hey i might go but i need a specific date
(Jan. 17, 2011  10:53 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2011  12:10 AM)flamel-drago169 Wrote: im interested to just pm me with the details and ill try to go
i have a stadium and my friend might comewith his stadium

We still have no word from A-Kon or A-Fest, so I'm not sure if this will happen. Unless you have Takara Tomy Attack Stadiums, you can just leave your stadiums at home.

ok i guess ill leave my stadium
tell me when where and what i need because i want to blade!
I would love for this to happen but it's starting to look like it's not. I got a reply from Akon saying they are interested, but after my response I never heard anything back.
i will not be able to go. asked my dad and he said, "We aren't going to Dallas just for a Beyblade tournament" even though ill probably be there, in Dallas, sitting in a hotel room with nothing to do
If we cant hold it at A-kon , we should still hold it but at a public park im sure in the suburbs of dfw they would have a nice park
Im down for a tournament. i was planning to attend akon 2011. i dont know if that matters or not. but i live in DFW and should be in the area if anyone wants to have a tournament. i have serveral friends who whould like to compete as well.
i hope this tournament really goes down this year. i thought the idea of having it at a public park was a good idea. if we cant have it at akon. has anyone thought of hosting one in a hotel room at akon? message me and keep me posted. ITS TIME FOR DALLAS TO HAVE AN OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL STREET BEYBLADE TOURNEY! ARE YOU READY?
We can move this somewhere else other than Akon, I just thought that'd be a good venue. Anyone have any ideas where?
I live in Dallas...yeah having a tournament would really be awesome at A-kon or A-Fest, I've been searching around for a tournament that was supported by WBO but wasn't true championship material (it'd be my first tournament, anyway). I like the idea of an "officially unofficial" tournament somewhere...never knew there were so many Bladers in this area! I wind up going to A-Fest yearly anyway, but unfortunately my family's relocating, so that makes getting off to a tournament tricky.

But yeah, it'd be cool if there was a tournament soon-ish. And it'd be REALLY great if it were at A-kon or A-fest (I know A-fest has a game room, but I haven't been to A-kon).
I'm in . I'll have a zombeh! Custom out there . We should start a team I'll be coming for sure .
Idk What A-Kon is but since I have a takara Attack stadium now, I might as well put it to use along with my other beyblades. I don't really make anymore beyblade videos so I'll use them for this. I might be in depending if I get enough info on fees and location. It's been months since I've been on.
http://a-kon.com/

Okay everyone I will be at Akon this weekend, but we won't be holding an official tournament since we didn't get enough support. PM me if you'd like to meet up and blade tho! I'm bringing my attack stadium and beys
When is it going to be I might be able to come
I posted a link. I'll be there Sunday, but it's Friday-Sun. Sunday is $25 if you register online.
Could we attempt to get a tournament going outisde of A-kon/A-fest
Yes! I am ready to get one started ASAP. I just need people who are serious and will actually stay active throughout the set up process.
When and where
does any one no were are any bey blade tornaments are becase i dont have any vey points