[DFW Area, North Texas. US] August Showdown in Cowtown?

This thread is to organize a tournament for the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas in August, 2011.

Which side of the Metroplex would you like to hold the tournament? Please answer the poll.

PM me if you are sure you can go, if you have a TT attack/super attack/balance stadium, or if you'd like to be a judge.
Curse you! You beat me to it. XD
I was going to do this.
I can handle A-fest If you Handle A-kon.
(Dec. 09, 2010  11:23 PM)KyoyaXDarkwolf Wrote: Curse you! You beat me to it. XD
I was going to do this.
I can handle A-fest If you Handle A-kon.

Well let's try and consolidate them shall we? No need to pay two times the amount in fees and organize two events only a couple of months apart. I'm open to either event, I'm just partial to A-Kon because that's the only one I've been to.

I would be willing to purchase a few (not a lot because I don't want to have left over stock) Hasbro and Takara Beyblades to sell during the event in case some on lookers would like to free battle and get into the game.
All right. I can bring 1-2 Stadiums. And, Even though I like A-fest better, I think A kon would be good for this since there is alot of people there.
(Dec. 09, 2010  11:32 PM)KyoyaXDarkwolf Wrote: All right. I can bring 1-2 Stadiums. And, Even though I like A-fest better, I think A kon would be good for this since there is alot of people there.

Like I said I'm open to either. Whoever will get the most traffic Smile

What stadiums do you have? I'd like for the main tournament to be Standard Format as MFB is the current generation. We can have other stadiums set up for maybe a smaller Open Format tourney and a Free Play area.

By the time this rolls around I plan to have at least the Takara Attack Stadium and possibly Wide Square and Super Attack (obviously for free play, but having a big battle with everyone would be fun too).

Would you be willing to help with the fees?
Right now I only have some hasbro stadium, I think its called lightning. Im getting a takara stadium for christmas, Probably the attack one. I might get one more between christmas and akon. I can help out with the fees. Smile
(Dec. 10, 2010  4:45 AM)KyoyaXDarkwolf Wrote: Right now I only have some hasbro stadium, I think its called lightning. Im getting a takara stadium for christmas, Probably the attack one. I might get one more between christmas and akon. I can help out with the fees. Smile

Perfect Smile

I've also got a Hasbro Super Vortex Stadium, so we have free play more than covered. Let me know when and if you get an Attack Stadium.
BUMP

Would anyone else be interested? We can ask people at the Fort Worth tournament if they would be going to it.

My friend Chris is interested in playing for sure. I'm getting him to buy a few beys in a couple of weeks.

Judges can't participate, correct?
this seems fun. me and galaxus whould love to play.
Okay cool. Would you be able to cover the $10 charge for getting into the convention as well as probably $10 for prizes and the room?

So as of now we have 5 people interested! 10 more and I can contact the convention about setting up a room.
Me and like 3 or 4 friends might if u give me all the details.
i would be interested along with my cousin if you can get all details set up
i would come but 20 $ is kinda pricy
i also have 1 hasbro stadium and if my 3 friends came we could bring 3 4 or 5 stadiums
So who all is in?

I have a Takara Tomy Attack Stadium, so it can Standard Format and official. I will play judge I guess haha

I will have atleast a BB-96 Super Deck Set for sale at the event.

If we hold the event at A-Kon it will be June 10th-12th, 2011 or at A-Fest it will be September 2nd-5th, 2011.

If we have more than 20 people I can lower the price to $10 a person.

I have emailed both A-Kon and A-Fest about the event;

Hello, my name is Evan. I am emailing on behalf of the Dallas\Fort Worth Beyblade Community and the World Beyblade Organization for an event at A-Fest (A-Kon) 2011. Beyblade is a competitive battle hobby based on the Japanese anime of the same name. It began in 1999 in Japan (2001 Worldwide), and swept the world through the early 2000s. The game was redesigned and retooled in 2009 and released worldwide last year, with a huge following. The World Beyblade Organization is a place for players all over the world to meet and discuss the hobby. They also hold an international ranking system for tournaments. I think A-Fest would be a perfect fit for a North Texas Tournament because of the success of similar events at Anime North (Toronto, Canada). Would you consider hosting said event at the convention this year? We currently have about 15 people interested (from the forum), and many more are sure to join in at the convention.
(Jan. 04, 2011  3:08 AM)Evan Wrote: So who all is in?

I have a Takara Tomy Attack Stadium, so it can Standard Format and official. I will play judge I guess haha

I will have atleast a BB-96 Super Deck Set for sale at the event.

If we hold the event at A-Kon it will be June 10th-12th, 2011 or at A-Fest it will be September 2nd-5th, 2011.

If we have more than 20 people I can lower the price to $10 a person.

I have emailed both A-Kon and A-Fest about the event;

Hello, my name is Evan. I am emailing on behalf of the Dallas\Fort Worth Beyblade Community and the World Beyblade Organization for an event at A-Fest (A-Kon) 2011. Beyblade is a competitive battle hobby based on the Japanese anime of the same name. It began in 1999 in Japan (2001 Worldwide), and swept the world through the early 2000s. The game was redesigned and retooled in 2009 and released worldwide last year, with a huge following. The World Beyblade Organization is a place for players all over the world to meet and discuss the hobby. They also hold an international ranking system for tournaments. I think A-Fest would be a perfect fit for a North Texas Tournament because of the success of similar events at Anime North (Toronto, Canada). Would you consider hosting said event at the convention this year? We currently have about 15 people interested (from the forum), and many more are sure to join in at the convention.

I'm in.I have 2 TT attack stadiums.
I'd sure like to come Grin Just need the info on it like costs, times, location, ext Grin Then I'll be there Dallas ain't that far from where I live! <3
I also have an older brother that has the beyblading spirit as much as I do and would wanna come for the event. Grin
(Jan. 04, 2011  11:10 PM)StormAquario75 Wrote: I'm in.I have 2 TT attack stadiums.

I also have a TT Attack stadium now, so we are good on that Grin

I emailed both conventions, and I'm still waiting on a reply. If we can't do this there, I'd still like to set one up somewhere this summer.
I am definatly in now guys! Haha I got better beys now ( Vulcan horuseus and meteo l drago plus ray unicorno) Eee so I am in I could get my cousin to come as well as two of y good friends! If you get some tt beys I am definatly gonna buy some stuff and I bet you could make some more cash by sellin hard to get parts like a 85 track or some of those highly sought after earth wheel molds
I'm offering one BB-96 Super Deck Set that includes MFH Pegasis 85RF, Libra 100D, and MFL Burn Cancer 90WD. I'm not sure what else I'll have. Anyone else is welcomed to sell at the event.
I have six friends coming with me to A-kon. Im definitly participating, but they might also.
EDIT: A-kon is huge, so is A-fest. Do we need our own room, or can we just do it in the lobby or something?
(Jan. 06, 2011  4:23 PM)KyoyaXDarkwolf Wrote: I have six friends coming with me to A-kon. Im definitly participating, but they might also.
EDIT: A-kon is huge, so is A-fest. Do we need our own room, or can we just do it in the lobby or something?

I'm hoping for our own room :\ but they still haven't responded. Why don't you guys send them a few emails to show interest!

The game floor at A-Kon (presuming they still have this. Y'know where everyone plays card games.) could work, but it'd be cramped.
hey. i'm interested in participating in going through with this tournament.
Still no reply from A-Kon or A-Fest :\ could someone try sending them an email to show interest?
im interested to just pm me with the details and ill try to go
i have a stadium and my friend might comewith his stadium
(Jan. 17, 2011  12:10 AM)flamel-drago169 Wrote: im interested to just pm me with the details and ill try to go
i have a stadium and my friend might comewith his stadium

We still have no word from A-Kon or A-Fest, so I'm not sure if this will happen. Unless you have Takara Tomy Attack Stadiums, you can just leave your stadiums at home.