Customised BeyArena

Hey everyone.

We all know that some people like to be unique and paint their beyblades and grips, maybe actually edit them and things like that. Some people even paint the arena..

But what about a big edited arena? In the anime for those of you who have watched it, is covered in crazy beyArena that have huge themes, everything from the leaning tower of piza dome to the dragon dome, so i thought: 'Well, i cant make it quite that extreme, but im sure i can do something'

so a while ago I purchased a large dish approximately 2metres by 2 metres in area with the inwards curve of a normal arena, its black and made of plastic. Im going to be playign around with it in an attempt to beef it up. whilst things like ramps wont work quite so well as they do in the anime, there are things that could be done to make things more interesting, such as danger areas made of different materials, perhaps dips and waves and bumps in the arena, all sorts of things.

So, whilst im thinking of ideas, i've decided I would like to hear everyone ideas too.
tell us what you think woul dbe good and how it could be done, and maybe even have a go at making your own ultra-cool stadium, and send pictures!

On a different subject, my friends and i are going to be spending a large portion of the summer holiday making a beyblade fanfilm, but a decent one. Think the anime but with real people. And no flashy bit bleasts. And probably not a storm. Maybe fire... ANYWAY, just lettin gyou guys know and ill keep you all posted, if your interested of course.

Valentine Out.
the official stadiums are professionaly made to give the blades those movements. yours seems cool, but it will lack the tactics used on the official stadiums. for example: its impossible to make an attack type blade (Speg) circle spin around a 2-2 meters stadium..

the film sounds interesting. gonna watch it for sure Wink
(Jul. 10, 2009  6:31 PM)pegasis Wrote: the official stadiums are professionaly made to give the blades those movements. yours seems cool, but it will lack the tactics used on the official stadiums. for example: its impossible to make an attack type blade (Speg) circle spin around a 2-2 meters stadium..

the film sounds interesting. gonna watch it for sure Wink

Well, maybe your right, but i wouldent have just bought it without comparing it, and it has the exact same shame and angle or curve up until a certain point, so im hoping it will work. As for the attack type, it wont circle the whole arena but it will still circle. Also im estimating the 2 metres, might be slightly less, but probably not.
Once it circles once or twice it will just fall straight down.
Sounds good.
I'm actually thinking of surrounding one of my small takara stadiums with a cage supported with timber. It's obviously inspired by the steel cages they use in some pro wrestling matches. The idea is to make the battle (in this stadium) as wild and crazy as possible. Tell me what you think.
(Jul. 12, 2009  6:19 AM)WhereIsMyFace Wrote: Sounds good.
I'm actually thinking of surrounding one of my small takara stadiums with a cage supported with timber. It's obviously inspired by the steel cages they use in some pro wrestling matches. The idea is to make the battle (in this stadium) as wild and crazy as possible. Tell me what you think.

Sounds extraneous and not needed.
(Jul. 12, 2009  6:27 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: Sounds extraneous and not needed.

I'll go with you XD
I don't see how it would change the battle at all, actually.
(Jul. 12, 2009  7:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't see how it would change the battle at all, actually.

Your right, the only good i can see coming out of it is perhaps by its prevention of ring-outs. Sept the beyblade might get stuck in the spaces in the cage ahaha
Doesn't seem horrible to me.

I recently found large plastic woks, decorative in my restaurants storage, I got to take them home. I've been eying them constantly wanting to put my MFB's in them :3

The beyblade tournaments they had out in North America before with the plastic generations also featured plexiglass ramps for both players to launch around 1 meter away from the dish into it. Looked like fun.

Adding some soft padding like rubber or foam spikes from the outside areas (randomly or strategically placed for good sliding shoots, etc.) is one idea. Placing dips and waves in the surface would probably also yield some potentially interesting results. Dispersed ridges in a broken spiral pattern, perhaps a cm or two long, might also be interesting to see.
(Jul. 12, 2009  11:57 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: The beyblade tournaments they had out in North America before with the plastic generations also featured plexiglass ramps for both players to launch around 1 meter away from the dish into it. Looked like fun.

I was able to use one once, and they were cool, but it clearly made it impossible to do things like the Sliding Shoot (not that I knew what that was at the time! hahaha).
(Jul. 13, 2009  1:47 AM)Kei Wrote: I was able to use one once, and they were cool, but it clearly made it impossible to do things like the Sliding Shoot (not that I knew what that was at the time! hahaha).

Not sure, sliding shoot might work to... slow your beyblades decent into the ring so you land -after- your opponent LoL

I've seen them in action at the PNE (Pacific Nation Exhibition) at a side event when they were really popular and there were tonnes of promo's for them. They lead to some really spectacular things like blades bouncing and landing on top of another multiple times or midair collisions. Looked pretty safe too since the walls around the stadium where really high, but I've seen scratches along the upper parts of it that led me to believe some of the beyblades got some really good air in the past.
Hiro, at my first tournament at Anime North I battled in one. Some horrific hit combined with the spinning center and the BB of Dranzer F malfunctioning caused it to completely clear the wall and actually go into the crowd beyond the fencing.
(Jul. 13, 2009  7:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hiro, at my first tournament at Anime North I battled in one. Some horrific hit combined with the spinning center and the BB of Dranzer F malfunctioning caused it to completely clear the wall and actually go into the crowd beyond the fencing.

I wish there was footage of that, that's pretty epic. I've only seen 'em do cool weird attacks and maybe get close to 3/4th of the way to the top of the wall.
(Jul. 13, 2009  7:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hiro, at my first tournament at Anime North I battled in one. Some horrific hit combined with the spinning center and the BB of Dranzer F malfunctioning caused it to completely clear the wall and actually go into the crowd beyond the fencing.

I remember this! It was astounding!
You weren't at that one Speechless
Wasn't 04 the first tourney? Coulda sworn I saw that happening in the finals, with Cindi yapping her stupid head off about how stupid she thought it all was and how somebody should sue for that.
The first year we met I was cosplaying Kai, but that year I was not cosplaying Kai. Lips_sealed
(Jul. 14, 2009  7:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The first year we met I was cosplaying Kai, but that year I was not cosplaying Kai. Lips_sealed

Hahah. You need to put up pictures of that. I can't begin to imagine you in a Kai outfit. Tongue_out
Hmm... did you go to AN03 then? Because I've been every year since 04, that was definitely the first time we met in person.
Yes, I was at 03.
Hahaha, fair enough! I stand chagrined, mea culpa!
I'm working on a custom Beystaduim with my friends. Its simple, wooden, and not yet build. We still have flaws to work out, but i'll be happy to post pictures when its done.