Custom Robo Arena

Does anyone else play this? Its an awesome game for the DS, the original game was Custom Robo for the Gamecube, and they made one for the DS and its AWESOME. So does anyone else play it.
I played the Gamecube version a lot when it came out. Maybe I should look into picking up Arena.
Custom Robo started on the N64 as a couple Japan-only titles. Also, Arena is horrible.
Its an epic game just from the reviews I read. ;o
(Sep. 06, 2009  4:33 PM)To Wrote: Custom Robo started on the N64 as a couple Japan-only titles. Also, Arena is horrible.

Why do you say that?

(Sep. 06, 2009  4:52 PM)Medz Wrote: Its an epic game just from the reviews I read. ;o

Yea it is pretty epic.
(Sep. 06, 2009  9:53 PM)Joshee Wrote: Why do you say that?

Because I own it, and I find it horrible?
(Sep. 06, 2009  10:57 PM)To Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2009  9:53 PM)Joshee Wrote: Why do you say that?

Because I own it, and I find it horrible?

Have you played any of the other ones?
I own the GC one. I've beaten it, but I pick it up from time to time to use some of my favorite combinations. I could like some, with descriptions, if you don't mind.
(Sep. 07, 2009  1:16 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: I own the GC one. I've beaten it, but I pick it up from time to time to use some of my favorite combinations. I could like some, with descriptions, if you don't mind.

What?
I liked Custom Robo Arena. The stroy mode's dialogue was rather boring and the story was pretty much generic, but once you get past that, the game is great. The battles or really nice and I like the new parts and robos. The wifi is a big plus, too. It's one of the few games I consider worth getting for the DS.

I play it somewhat competitively and as does my brother, though the wifi is rather dead (cries).
(Sep. 08, 2009  10:24 PM)Joshee Wrote: What?

Ah, I guess I got sidetracked at the end of that last post. I meant "I could post some of my combinations, with descriptions, if you don't mind."
Would seriously be better if they included all the variants of the AIRS frames/robos. American version only came with one variant when Japanese version had more (with different stats for each variant)

I don't know my non-illegal part combos by part name, but I know I used the AIRS and Jameson robos. I miss Rakansen from Custom Robo (gamecube lol) and would have liked more illegal Strike Vanishers.

If I had to use a non-illegal combo, I would use something along the lines of Knuckle/Twin Fang + Little Sprinter + Legs for ground speed augmentation + close combat/super fast movement bomb/pod.
Do they have an arcade version of this becasue I swear I have played on it before.
(Sep. 13, 2009  1:05 AM)Neek Wrote: Do they have an arcade version of this becasue I swear I have played on it before.

I know they had something very, very similar to it, but I can never remember what it was called. Not sure if it was actually Custom Robo. (my dad used to work at an arcade)

And, I don't see why anyone would use illegals in CRA, they aren't too much better than the regulars, if used correctly.

I mainly use Bit.
If Medabots DS is anything like this, I will learn how to send letters to a Japanese address from Canada. Yeah, that hardcore. It's bad enough that MDS's character designs are horrid.

(Sep. 13, 2009  1:05 AM)Neek Wrote: Do they have an arcade version of this becasue I swear I have played on it before.

You probably played Virtual-On or something.
Yeah, I played and still play. It really good and addictive game. We liked the storyline was original and robotics based on what I like. I went the whole game, of course, problems whose solution took some time, so I began to pry into the internet and there I found answers to my questions. I rate the game on 8 / 10.