Cross Fight B-Daman Anime Thread

(Sep. 17, 2013  8:13 PM)SouPudeliK Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2013  5:27 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: I kinda agree and also I don't like Aona that much because of how she has to own boys (what I mean is she always scares them when she's mad, always acts like she's the boss to them (even a serious person like Kagero). I also don't like how girls always scare boys in some anime and look stronger than them e.g. Aona scaring Kamon, Natsumi yelling at boys in one ep when it was her fault for getting wet, Natsumi scaring Shumon as you said MissKarat etc. but also there are other examples not from B-Daman. In Top Plate the girl with Antler Goat gives the main character leg torture, Madoka from Beyblade yelling at everyone scaring them (even Kyoya? COME ON!!!) etc Why do girls always look stronger than boys and scare them? And if anyone says stuff like "Ooo but it wouldn't be right for boys to scare/lash/own girls like that" here's my response to anyone who says this to me "And?! I don't care stop making the boys getting owned by girls"

What's wrong with them getting owned by girls sometimes? They yell at each other, too?
And Natsumi just doesn't know that Syumon is scared of girls in general (neither does Aona).
Natsumi treats him like every other guy (hell, she's just like that. I mean she even dragged Naoya along)
Also when Natsumi was falling into the lake it was because she was the one trying to fish while the others just played around with their new tune up parts and didn't try to help making food at all.
Yeah... Natsumi can be a bit scary sometimes but I actually love that a lot about her. She's not just the nice girl from Kakeru's class but she wants to be strong herself and get a talking B-Daman (and when that doesn't work at first she supports other people because everyone should have fun, right?)
Aona is Kamon's big sister and... they're just a pretty realistic family? Also Aona is kind of like the boss of them. She cooks for them and makes sure they're alright and she cares so much about her family and Ryouma too, long before Kamon even considered it possible that they could get him back...
Repeat after me: Aona is strong.

And Madoka has all right to shout at the boys in MFB, too. Kyouya treats her (and also his bey) disrespectful sometimes. Do you understand how much that girl works for the sake of the guys' Beyblades?

There is a lack of important female characters in both shows but the way they present the girls is really nice and they show that being good at playing with your stupid toy and behaving like an idiot does not mean that the girls just have to let that go unchallenged.

Edit: also Syumon is what it's written like on the official Japanese page... 'Shumon' was just used by the fansubbers. I never said it wouldn't be written Simon in the English dub...

Ok true but I still don't agree with the non reasoned Top Plate girl, don't try and defend this one.

And also if girls are allowed to do all that then I guess boys can do it back RIGHT? But I 100% garuntee you would say stuff like "That's different though because boys can't own girls, it's not right"
(Sep. 17, 2013  8:13 PM)SouPudeliK Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2013  5:27 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: I kinda agree and also I don't like Aona that much because of how she has to own boys (what I mean is she always scares them when she's mad, always acts like she's the boss to them (even a serious person like Kagero). I also don't like how girls always scare boys in some anime and look stronger than them e.g. Aona scaring Kamon, Natsumi yelling at boys in one ep when it was her fault for getting wet, Natsumi scaring Shumon as you said MissKarat etc. but also there are other examples not from B-Daman. In Top Plate the girl with Antler Goat gives the main character leg torture, Madoka from Beyblade yelling at everyone scaring them (even Kyoya? COME ON!!!) etc Why do girls always look stronger than boys and scare them? And if anyone says stuff like "Ooo but it wouldn't be right for boys to scare/lash/own girls like that" here's my response to anyone who says this to me "And?! I don't care stop making the boys getting owned by girls"

What's wrong with them getting owned by girls sometimes? They yell at each other, too?
And Natsumi just doesn't know that Syumon is scared of girls in general (neither does Aona).
Natsumi treats him like every other guy (hell, she's just like that. I mean she even dragged Naoya along)
Also when Natsumi was falling into the lake it was because she was the one trying to fish while the others just played around with their new tune up parts and didn't try to help making food at all.
Yeah... Natsumi can be a bit scary sometimes but I actually love that a lot about her. She's not just the nice girl from Kakeru's class but she wants to be strong herself and get a talking B-Daman (and when that doesn't work at first she supports other people because everyone should have fun, right?)
Aona is Kamon's big sister and... they're just a pretty realistic family? Also Aona is kind of like the boss of them. She cooks for them and makes sure they're alright and she cares so much about her family and Ryouma too, long before Kamon even considered it possible that they could get him back...
Repeat after me: Aona is strong.

And Madoka has all right to shout at the boys in MFB, too. Kyouya treats her (and also his bey) disrespectful sometimes. Do you understand how much that girl works for the sake of the guys' Beyblades?

There is a lack of important female characters in both shows but the way they present the girls is really nice and they show that being good at playing with your stupid toy and behaving like an idiot does not mean that the girls just have to let that go unchallenged.

Edit: also Syumon is what it's written like on the official Japanese page... 'Shumon' was just used by the fansubbers. I never said it wouldn't be written Simon in the English dub...

I'm the one pointing out the 'Simon' thing. Remember when we argued about what 'Syumon's' DUB name was. You clearly didn't read what I said. I said I was right that Simon was the DUB name and you thought Syumon was the DUB name. Remember that?
I said that to Kai-V who said his name could have been 'Simon' all along as far as I recall that conversation... That's why I said it was Syumon... I don't think I ever argued with you about the dub name (except if you insisted on the original name being Shumon because no that's not right)... because I guessed it would be changed to Simon before the dub was announced...

And I wouldn't mind the guys scaring the girls actually?
um... actually that kind of happened... Do you remember how Basara attacked Ruri?
And how Naoya used Natsumi and took her hostage to set up a trap for Kakeru? Idk if that counts as 'owning' but...
It's not just one-sided....

I'm entirely for equality and also there are so many boys on the cast and the girls are being verbally (and physically) attacked by them several times.
I don't think it's okay to complain about the girls telling the boys that they don't want to put up with their carp sometimes?
(Sep. 17, 2013  9:35 PM)SouPudeliK Wrote: I said that to Kai-V who said his name could have been 'Simon' all along as far as I recall that conversation... That's why I said it was Syumon... I don't think I ever argued with you about the dub name (except if you insisted on the original name being Shumon because no that's not right)... because I guessed it would be changed to Simon before the dub was announced...

And I wouldn't mind the guys scaring the girls actually?
um... actually that kind of happened... Do you remember how Basara attacked Ruri?
And how Naoya used Natsumi and took her hostage to set up a trap for Kakeru? Idk if that counts as 'owning' but...
It's not just one-sided....

I'm entirely for equality and also there are so many boys on the cast and the girls are being verbally (and physically) attacked by them several times.
I don't think it's okay to complain about the girls telling the boys that they don't want to put up with their carp sometimes?

Yes but they were being serious, for the girls they made the boys look silly (goofy). Also those were horrible scenes about attacking girls and wasn't what I wanted. If you seen eS episode 22/23 I forgot you will see that Yukihide yelled at Natsumi and Mitsuru, that was what I meant. Ones you listed were actually serious and too aggressive. But I'm changing the subject saying that I don't hate any girl characters. In fact there are far worst B-Daman characters anyway but I didn't talk about them because I didn't want to. But my worst character is the small guy you will often see with an Afro in CFB, he was pointless. Sorry about before when I was rude.
(Sep. 17, 2013  9:47 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: Yes but they were being serious, for the girls they made the boys look silly (goofy). Also those were horrible scenes about attacking girls and wasn't what I wanted. If you seen eS episode 22/23 I forgot you will see that Yukihide yelled at Natsumi and Mitsuru, that was what I meant. Ones you listed were actually serious and too aggressive. But I'm changing the subject saying that I don't hate any girl characters. In fact there are far worst B-Daman characters anyway but I didn't talk about them because I didn't want to. But my worst character is the small guy you will often see with an Afro in CFB, he was pointless. Sorry about before when I was rude.

Ah yes I remember that but I was a bit too pissed off about some quite sexist seeming comments before so I didn't try to think too hard. Yukihide and the others often complain about Natsumi's behaviour though. Well well

Yeah Tama-chan (the afro guy) is weird... He's a main character in the manga and basically replaced Natsumi. (btw he has a crush on Aona.)
In the anime I don't mind his appearances that much and some are actually quite funny (gangster!Tama, Tama-chan on the boat, stealing food, etc)
(Sep. 18, 2013  2:03 PM)SouPudeliK Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2013  9:47 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: Yes but they were being serious, for the girls they made the boys look silly (goofy). Also those were horrible scenes about attacking girls and wasn't what I wanted. If you seen eS episode 22/23 I forgot you will see that Yukihide yelled at Natsumi and Mitsuru, that was what I meant. Ones you listed were actually serious and too aggressive. But I'm changing the subject saying that I don't hate any girl characters. In fact there are far worst B-Daman characters anyway but I didn't talk about them because I didn't want to. But my worst character is the small guy you will often see with an Afro in CFB, he was pointless. Sorry about before when I was rude.

Ah yes I remember that but I was a bit too pissed off about some quite sexist seeming comments before so I didn't try to think too hard. Yukihide and the others often complain about Natsumi's behaviour though. Well well

Yeah Tama-chan (the afro guy) is weird... He's a main character in the manga and basically replaced Natsumi. (btw he has a crush on Aona.)
In the anime I don't mind his appearances that much and some are actually quite funny (gangster!Tama, Tama-chan on the boat, stealing food, etc)

He's a main character? I never knew.
(Sep. 18, 2013  7:06 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: He's a main character? I never knew.

Yeah, the manga in general is pretty weird. Most characters behave a bit strange and the plot is different and much shorter, too. (They put the story of season one into 1 1/2 volumes and there have been 2 volumes released by now.. I don't know if there'll be a third one next year as the anime will end in two weeks). Kakeru actually wants to punch Naoya when they first meet that's a glorious scene XD But yeah Naoya hasn't been very evil (and isn't at fault for the Ryuuji stuff either. He has nothing to do with the plot.) and many characters like Yukihide for example don't really exist at all (Syumon is part of the main cast though).
And Basara even got a backstory in which his classmates accused him of having destroyed the flower garden because he's always been a bit violent but this time he wasn't at fault. Everyone in his class then ignored him and yeah...
so who has a tripress
(Sep. 18, 2013  9:41 PM)SouPudeliK Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2013  7:06 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote: He's a main character? I never knew.

Yeah, the manga in general is pretty weird. Most characters behave a bit strange and the plot is different and much shorter, too. (They put the story of season one into 1 1/2 volumes and there have been 2 volumes released by now.. I don't know if there'll be a third one next year as the anime will end in two weeks). Kakeru actually wants to punch Naoya when they first meet that's a glorious scene XD But yeah Naoya hasn't been very evil (and isn't at fault for the Ryuuji stuff either. He has nothing to do with the plot.) and many characters like Yukihide for example don't really exist at all (Syumon is part of the main cast though).
And Basara even got a backstory in which his classmates accused him of having destroyed the flower garden because he's always been a bit violent but this time he wasn't at fault. Everyone in his class then ignored him and yeah...

Another question, since Kakeru = Yamato, Samaru = Gray and eh I dunno who else to compare but who would be the counterpart of Enjyu?
(Sep. 18, 2013  10:37 PM)BladerPharmist Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2013  9:41 PM)SouPudeliK Wrote:

Another question, since Kakeru = Yamato, Samaru = Gray and eh I dunno who else to compare but who would be the counterpart of Enjyu?

I... don't think you can compare them that easily as most of them have completely different issues...
I hate to say it myself, too, but there are a lot of people comparing Naoya to Cain (and of course because of his design to Joshua). I don't like these comparisons though because even though, yes, in most series like this there are your usual protag and rival characters but they all differ a lot...
Also I haven't watched much of the old series besides the final 10 episodes or so (because I wanted to know about Cain and Biarce).
Unless I became deaf, doesn't Derek sound like Terry of Battle B-Daman in the DUB or what? You can find the episodes on justanimedubbed.tv