Computers, Gadgets, Etc.

(Apr. 08, 2010  2:17 PM)To Wrote: Back in the day, weren't the first couple of waves of DVD players unable to read dual-layer discs? I assume that if movies and tv shows start using those new BDs that eventually it'll become widespread. Although I don't see many things using that much space that isn't a TV show.

3D blurays take up double the memory. Now if the special features are all in 3d as well the bigger formats can be useful. To be honest though i dont think we will see anything filling the disks up right away, but eventually it will be necessary.
(Apr. 05, 2010  6:22 PM)Maz Wrote: Is everyone assuming iphone os4 is going to have multi tasking?

http://gizmodo.com/5512656/iphone-multit...ltaneously
Told ya so

Liveblog is here: http://live.gizmodo.com/
finally ?

---

Just read also it's not "true" multitasking per se, just some workaround which only provides a small selection of multitasking services. It's an improvement ... I guess.
Honestly? I'm impressed, apart from GPS and audio what would you use anyway? And it wont kill the battery life this way, either.
(Apr. 08, 2010  6:44 PM)♥ Wrote: Just read also it's not "true" multitasking per se, just some workaround which only provides a small selection of multitasking services. It's an improvement ... I guess.

which type of multitasking did you want that these services don't address? serious question
Apart from Skype, is there anything for Instant Messaging included?

I liked the App Folders quite a lot, though.
(Apr. 08, 2010  2:21 PM)Giga Wrote: These better not become what the ps3 uses for games. Or widespread at anything for that matter.

Have we've been living in the same gen? It's less bang for your buck this time around. There's no reason for a game to used 100+GB even with uncompressed audio and video if developers continue along their current path.
The app folders are such a nice touch. yup yup. I wanna see some hardware now.
why? because i bought a phone over four months ago? lol
:p
I hope it's real though, and not just a prototype. It looks damn nice.
i think it's pretty ugly
Personally think it looks great; absolutely hated the old curved back.

I only got a new phone last week. ;[
(Apr. 19, 2010  5:32 PM)♥ Wrote: Personally think it looks great; absolutely hated the old curved back.

I only got a new phone last week. ;[

i like the curved back, on account of my palm not consisting entirely of right angles
The old iPhone 2G actually feels better than the 3G styled one in my hands. Probably because I have tiny hands and it's pretty much as big as them.
carp my iphone on/off/lock button, volume up/down buttons and the earbud plugin thing aren't working. if my iphone runs out of battery before i charge it now i'm carp since my warranty expired, i think (apple's warranty only lasts a year right?)
I'm getting more memory (As in RAM) for my laptop. It's been so slow lately. With all these things on it like Game Maker games, emulators, iTunes, Roblox, and documents (Lots of wallpapers), etc. I can't be surprised.
ok guys im thinking of getting a new laptop, and is thinking of getting a Apple MacBook Pro MB991LL/A. does anyone know if i can convert it to windows 7, or windows vista( i have the disk for both)??
(Apr. 28, 2010  7:25 AM)InfernoSlayer0 Wrote: ok guys im thinking of getting a new laptop, and is thinking of getting a Apple MacBook Pro MB991LL/A. does anyone know if i can convert it to windows 7, or windows vista( i have the disk for both)??

If you get a mac just leave it with osx. if you really want to use boot camp to dual boot.
(Apr. 28, 2010  7:25 AM)InfernoSlayer0 Wrote: ok guys im thinking of getting a new laptop, and is thinking of getting a Apple MacBook Pro MB991LL/A. does anyone know if i can convert it to windows 7, or windows vista( i have the disk for both)??

if you're getting a mac just to run windows, you're wasting your money. if you want a good looking windows PC, get a sony vaio
(Apr. 28, 2010  2:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

if you're getting a mac just to run windows, you're wasting your money. if you want a good looking windows PC, get a sony vaio
are they good for like gaming and other media related stuff?? Currently im using a Toshiba Qosmio, but the fan is clogged with carpet (idk how it happened) it heats up rlly quickly. like i play a game for 5 min. and it will just shut down from overheating. Im thinking of getting another qosmio, but very expensive. so i was thinking maybe another computer good for gaming or other media uses.
if you thought for a second that macs are good for gaming you've done zero research and shouldn't even buy a computer
The main reason Mac's are quite powerful is because they need it for Video Editing.
(Apr. 29, 2010  5:15 PM)Benkei Wrote: The main reason Mac's are quite powerful is because they need it for Video Editing.

I'm not sure this is true, either. Here are the two reasons IMO to buy a Mac:
  • Beautiful and generally well built. If I want my furniture to look good, I want a device I spend 10+ hours a day using to look just as good.
  • Mac OS X works with me. Windows works against me.
Final Cut is developed by Apple and therefore only works on mac. It's the definitive in video editing software, nothing else beats it. Though I agree with both your points, IMO they are not good enough reasons to splash the extra cash. (I use a Mac BTW)