Clannad + Clannad After Story [Spoiler Warning]

Poll: Did you like this anime?

Yes
62.50%
Yes
37.50%
Total: 100% 8 vote(s)
Who are we talking about here? Fuko or the Tomyoa x Tomoyo pairing?

I love Fuko...
(Feb. 20, 2013  4:48 AM)BBPegasisMaster Wrote: Who are we talking about here? Fuko or the Tomyoa x Tomoyo pairing?

I love Fuko...

Defintely Fuko.... because she is awesome!! ^-^
[Image: fuko.jpg]

Hehehe :3 I loved the pranks Tomoya played on her while she was like this. Which also reminds me, Sunohara Youhei ranks highly on my favorite character list. I dunno why, but there are plenty of scenes that I laughed because of him and also when Tomoya would mess around with him. Not to mention Tomoya and Youhei's fight Grin
That fight was..... sorta awesome!! XD
And it was all because of his sister.... i mean the other way around, hehe yeah ^-^
(Feb. 21, 2013  5:39 AM)DanielBramblett Wrote: That fight was..... sorta awesome!! XD
And it was all because of his sister.... i mean the other way around, hehe yeah ^-^

You know, I can't really come up with a good argument for that XD I write something, then I double think it. I can't say he didn't care because he was watching from afar, especially when Tomoya got into that fight with the Soccer Team. I also loved the comment he made, that because she was dating Tomoya, it wouldn't matter (you just have to love friends with that amount of trust!) All I can say is she felt like she was losing her brother and didn't want to. Brother comlpex, maybe? Hmm...nah.
(Feb. 22, 2013  12:43 AM)BBPegasisMaster Wrote: You know, I can't really come up with a good argument for that XD I write something, then I double think it. I can't say he didn't care because he was watching from afar, especially when Tomoya got into that fight with the Soccer Team. I also loved the comment he made, that because she was dating Tomoya, it wouldn't matter (you just have to love friends with that amount of trust!) All I can say is she felt like she was losing her brother and didn't want to. Brother comlpex, maybe? Hmm...nah.

Well... I was understanding every thing until you said "Brother complex"......
Why on earth would you think that, well i geuss i kinda see where your comming from but i couldn't really see it though..... "maybe? Hmm...nah."
(Feb. 22, 2013  2:38 AM)DanielBramblett Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2013  12:43 AM)BBPegasisMaster Wrote: You know, I can't really come up with a good argument for that XD I write something, then I double think it. I can't say he didn't care because he was watching from afar, especially when Tomoya got into that fight with the Soccer Team. I also loved the comment he made, that because she was dating Tomoya, it wouldn't matter (you just have to love friends with that amount of trust!) All I can say is she felt like she was losing her brother and didn't want to. Brother comlpex, maybe? Hmm...nah.

Well... I was understanding every thing until you said "Brother complex"......
Why on earth would you think that, well i geuss i kinda see where your comming from but i couldn't really see it though..... "maybe? Hmm...nah."

Haha it was a thought. I'm working off what I can remember, so excuse me if I blunder. If you look at the way she was attached to him and how upset she got with him, you can kind of see a brother complex, or at least a slight version of it. An example is when Tomoya, Youhei, Nagisa, and Mei were all in Youhei's dorm room and she told him that she didn't come to town for him, that she came to meet her boyfriend and then described him. Then Youhei paid no mind to it and she got really upset, thinking he didn't care about her anymore. Maybe what I'm thinking isn't so much a brother complex, but I can't think of another way to describe it.

Edit: And where is Insomniac. during all of this?! Lol.
She dissapeard, Lawlz XD
But i geuss what your saying makes sense, but usually for little sisters that actually like there big brothers things like that just are pretty normal..... but for an anime...... "It's completely different"
so my conclusion on this matter is "IDK" XD
Anime's take everything we know and twist it XD Clannad is a perfect example of that. Not only Clannad, but plenty other animes too. It's just Clannad destroys your mental state of mind rofl. Do you remember the part where Mei and Tomoya were in town shopping and he told her to call him Onii-Chan, then Kotomi, Kyou, and Ryou showed up while he was getting all flustered? I couldn't stop laughing at that part. Next thing you know, I'm watching Tomoya...
Because Clannad has that effect lmao. Clannad is completely different from any other anime, at least that I know.
(Feb. 23, 2013  8:10 AM)BBPegasisMaster Wrote: Anime's take everything we know and twist it XD Clannad is a perfect example of that. Not only Clannad, but plenty other animes too. It's just Clannad destroys your mental state of mind rofl. Do you remember the part where Mei and Tomoya were in town shopping and he told her to call him Onii-Chan, then Kotomi, Kyou, and Ryou showed up while he was getting all flustered? I couldn't stop laughing at that part. Next thing you know, I'm watching Tomoya...
Because Clannad has that effect lmao. Clannad is completely different from any other anime, at least that I know.

Yeah, i am not one that usually crys about shows but anime like clannad has a bigger affect on me for some reason. And i do remember that part "Onnniiii-Chaan!"
OT:
Back to anime discussion! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Episode 22 of the first series, when Nagisa has her breakdown on the stage is what I was referring to. Also yeah Sunohara looked super cool when he fought with the soccer team to save Mei.

Does anyone remember this part,
My favorite song from the anime is "Roaring Tides", anyone else?

@Onii-chan discussion/Mei worrying about Sunohara:

I found it weird that Okazaki went to the extent of DATING a small girl to make her older brother care about her. I mean, she looks quite young at for me, it was awkward. Yeah the older brother might have been careless and really hopeless in life but in my opinion, he wasn't too bad ... certainly there were other options to make him care, right? Chocked_2

(Feb. 20, 2013  10:50 PM)BBPegasisMaster Wrote: Hehehe :3 I loved the pranks Tomoya played on her while she was like this.

I thought it was cute, the way she fell for them. (●´∀`●)

Oh yeah, and that episode where Tomoya suggested that adding "and a toilet seat" to the end of his sentences would be good for Sunohara (*≧▽≦)ノシ))
I do indeed remeber that part! and i geuss thats all I have to say so yeah....
(Feb. 24, 2013  8:14 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Despite popular belief, I'm actually a girl.

And for some reason, I kinda figured that XD

(Feb. 24, 2013  8:14 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Episode 22 of the first series, when Nagisa has her breakdown on the stage is what I was referring to. Also yeah Sunohara looked super cool when he fought with the soccer team to save Mei.

Ah, okay! I loved it when Akio rushed in and gave that whole...speech? Let's go with that haha. Then she got on with the play and I was like 0_0 "Is that Akio?!"

(Feb. 24, 2013  8:14 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Does anyone remember this part,

ROFL oh yes! I remember that part! It was too hilarious for me; I had to pause the show, die with laughter, and rewatch it about three more times!

That right there is where Clannad gets you. Cry now, laugh later, rinse and repeat.

(Feb. 24, 2013  8:14 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: My favorite song from the anime is "Roaring Tides", anyone else?

Oh my goodness, I had to download the whole OST because I went looking for just a few songs (Roaring Tides; Snowfield; Town, Flow of Time, People; etc.) but I kept hearing more and just couldn't stop. All in all, my all-time favorite will always be Dango Daikazoku. The anime stuck that in my head for weeks. I even went to the extent of learning to play it on the piano. A few others are:
  1. The Days Leisure
  2. Shining in the Sky
  3. Roaring Tides
  4. The Place Where Wishes Come True
  5. Mag Mel

(Feb. 24, 2013  8:14 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: I found it weird that Okazaki went to the extent of DATING a small girl to make her older brother care about her. I mean, she looks quite young at for me, it was awkward. Yeah the older brother might have been careless and really hopeless in life but in my opinion, he wasn't too bad ... certainly there were other options to make him care, right? Chocked_2

I seriously thought he was kidding, to see what Sunohara would say, and leave it at that. I didn't realize Tomoya-kun (as according to Nagisa, hence why I love to watch only English subtitles) would go that far. I guess he couldn't think of anything Tongue_out_wink

(Feb. 24, 2013  8:14 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Oh yeah, and that episode where Tomoya suggested that adding "and a toilet seat" to the end of his sentences would be good for Sunohara (*≧▽≦)ノシ))

That was funny. He was so in love with Sanae that he didn't even care XD Sunohara is so gullible.

On another note, when I watched Clannad and Clannad: After Story, I watched both with Japanese audio and English subs. What about you guys? I love to listen to the Japanese so I can brush up. It also gives me a great reason to rewatch it so I see how things change in English.
(Feb. 27, 2013  3:14 AM)BBPegasisMaster Wrote: On another note, when I watched Clannad and Clannad: After Story, I watched both with Japanese audio and English subs. What about you guys? I love to listen to the Japanese so I can brush up. It also gives me a great reason to rewatch it so I see how things change in English.

Well I watched the majority of it in the English Dub. But some episodes I watched in Japanese mainly because the English dub for Sunohara is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying.

Um, I completely lost it at this part:
Well, I watched the sub for both because to me dubs are well..... yeah.. i will leave it there.
Also do you guys remember when Nagisa got drunk for the first time.....?
(Feb. 27, 2013  11:38 PM)DanielBramblett Wrote: Also do you guys remember when Nagisa got drunk for the first time.....?

Yeah of course, memorable moment XD

And the way Sanae teased Tomoya at that moment too. But I think Nagisa's behavior was a bit too exaggerated, given the small amount. But then again, she is pretty weak.

To be honest though, when her face went red, I thought she got sick and a bad thing was going to happen. But it turned out to be a funny moment! *sigh of relief*
(Feb. 27, 2013  1:30 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Well I watched the majority of it in the English Dub. But some episodes I watched in Japanese mainly because the English dub for Sunohara is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying.

That's also why I rather the subs. I couldn't stand some of the voice actors for the dub.

(Feb. 27, 2013  1:30 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Um, I completely lost it at this part:

...Must you remind us of that? Crying Even so, I was super happy that he realized how he was treating Ushio and finally started to treat her as his daughter. And I was even more happy when he reconciled with his dad, after realizing all that his father went through for him.

(Feb. 27, 2013  11:38 PM)DanielBramblett Wrote: Also do you guys remember when Nagisa got drunk for the first time.....?

Hehehe, yeah :3 It was funny when Akio said Sanae had huge...err you know, and then Tomoya was looked and was like Gasp I loved how Akio egged it on then was mad because Sanae wanted to know if Tomoya liked her XD
Yeah, I really wish it had a better ending {Insert tears of manlyness}
lol, I love how this whole thread has been a three way discussion for the most part (^v^)

Oh, I really like the side story about the gangs and stuff. Although for the most part it was not really connected to the main story, I found it very touching.

Whyyyyy do you do this to me, Clannad (´;д;`)

But yeah if you get to the ending, all the small "side-stories" and missions really add up!

Here is Okazaki being his general innocent-self:
Yeah.... A three way discussion..... of sad memories.... "Why clannad, why?" {Goes into a corner and cries}.
Three way discussion, haha! When Clannad fans come together Grin

This, especially @ 0:37, that made my day when I watched that episode ^o^

I loved the few episodes in After Story when Tomoya, Nagisa, and Sunohara tried helping Yukine. I love Tomoya's character and that just reinforces it for me Grin
That was freaking amazing! Poor Sunohara.... XD
(Mar. 05, 2013  3:37 AM)BBPegasisMaster Wrote: Three way discussion, haha! When Clannad fans come together Grin

I love having fellow fans to grieve with ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

[Image: tumblr_mj1ra8gEQK1qmid6co1_500.gif]

(Mar. 05, 2013  3:37 AM)BBPegasisMaster Wrote: I loved the few episodes in After Story when Tomoya, Nagisa, and Sunohara tried helping Yukine. I love Tomoya's character and that just reinforces it for me Grin

Ookay that's her name! YES. I'm horrible with names Tired

Yep, loved her role as the little "advice giver".

[Image: tumblr_mijbzqJp731s36tt9o1_500.jpg]

Anyways, you all remember that episode where Mei forces Nagisa and Tomoya on a date, right? And she sort of tells Nagisa what to do. DO YOU ALL REMEMBER WHEN THEY GO IN THE BAKERY AND NAGISA ASKS TOMOYA TO PAY FOR HER BUN. And then he's all so insensitive. I was literally screaming at the screen, like HOW BLUNT CAN YOU POSSIBLY GET, TOMOYAAAAAA?
(Mar. 06, 2013  10:45 PM)Insomniac. Wrote: Anyways, you all remember that episode where Mei forces Nagisa and Tomoya on a date, right? And she sort of tells Nagisa what to do. DO YOU ALL REMEMBER WHEN THEY GO IN THE BAKERY AND NAGISA ASKS TOMOYA TO PAY FOR HER BUN. And then he's all so insensitive. I was literally screaming at the screen, like HOW BLUNT CAN YOU POSSIBLY GET, TOMOYAAAAAA?

Hahaha yeah I remember that. You gotta give him that though; at least he's honest. A little too honest, but that's good Grin Like when he and Sanae first met and she asked him if he liked her bread, he straight up told her no and then she ran out and Akio got pissed XD But then I loved how Akio would always bad talk her bread when she's around, mysteriously appearing outta nowehere. Ah, I love this series ^o^
Kotomi's breakdown and back-story episode was one of the most asdfghjkl moments of the anime. AGH MY GODAMN FEELS.

And I felt so broken inside when the last thing she said to her parents was "I hate you".

WHY DO YOU DO THIS CLANNAD

I love Akio and Sanae's relationship. Absolutely adorable (*´・v・)

Here guys, another emotion trigger:
Also loved when they got the gang together for baseball: