Chrono Trigger DS

Clearly it's best to argue with Gifs, and telling me to shut up.
what does that even mean

in retrospect i dont understand your meaning
Takao Daimao Wrote:Clearly it's best to argue with Gifs, and telling me to shut up.

we want you to stop shitting all over this thread because everything you say is wrong, just like your carp about using 3D sprites on 2D backgrounds for Mega Man 9 and just about everything else you post in this forum

at this rate you're looking at getting in trouble for trolling so just stop it already

also i'm killing that carp magus this time yargggg
Clearly if you couldn't tell, I already knew that.

For the sake of trying to leave this thread, I deleted that post. But you had to reply to it.
Takao has been put on a one day ban. Back to topic please.
Bey Brad Wrote:Back to topic please.

And what topic would that be? The only thing I've seen discussed in this thread is Chrono Trigger, aside from you and others' pleas for a user to shut up and, y'kna, calling him a carp and a retard.

I recognize you can't speak for other members but I've also seen you say that you will enforce your own rules. When mods are calling users gigantic carp, regardless of wether or not that user is trolling, and regardless of wether or not that mod is joking, something's wrong, don't you think?

I have trouble believing I'm the only one here who's in any way sympathetic to the users situation. However much you say he was trolling, what it comes down to is he had an opinion that was different from yours, he was told to shut up and called names, then upon rephrasing and reevaluating his argument and eventually defending himself from these names he was... banned.

Besides, if that– a discussion of why one thinks the game is a lazy development, why one would not buy the game – is not related to the thread... I mean, what productive post would be if that weren't? How do you expect to generate any meaningful conversation without some controversy?

I don't wanta tell you how to run ship or nothin', you know, but you're the webmaster. You know I respect you, but, come on, man... have some responsibility. No one should be above the law, lest we all descend to chaos and then even you have no power; there will be no beywiki if you ban anyone who disagrees with you. Confused

Anyways, on topic content: All things in this thread considered, I suppose that CTDS probably will sell alright. I guess thats what I'm afraid of, I mean it seems like an okay game from what I played (not my thing personally, I'm an immersion and customization fanatic and linear RPGs like these never seem to hold my interest for long) but if this encourages Square to rehash more old games and not work on their new stuff (Like TWEWY, which as I've said, I love), I can only see this as a bad thing.
This game is the one that started those cliches...
CT is p. much genesis for rpgs

and i don't mean the band, goddamn
Takao, what do you honestly think would be accomplished by making Chrono Trigger 3D on the DS? Also, who cares if it is 'cliched'? It was apparantly the game who started those cliches. The people who played this game in the 90's will surely pick it up again, and those who did not will probably pick it up as well to see how amazing it is (ex. Me). The game is fine the way it is.
Kei, I edited Marin's post so we could discuss it in PM. :-/ Since you've decided to quote it, I'll restore it.
Bey Brad Wrote:Kei, I edited Marin's post so we could discuss it in PM. :-/ Since you've decided to quote it, I'll restore it.
Oh, my bad, I didn't know that. Lips_sealed No need to, I'll edit mine out. As long as its being discussed somehow.
i respect his opinion and all and don't care that he held it, it was the fact he repeated it ad nauseam and was obstinate in that he couldn't understand why people just wanted a simple port

were we out of line? probably a little. was takao completely innocuous? i doubt it

EUGH STOP EDITING YOUR POSTS
No, it's OK, might as well get it out in the open. We can make another CTDS thread if we have to.

The problem is that Takao is constantly posting things in the video games forum that he doesn't seem to understand anything about, and people are going to get frustrated, moderator or not. There's no point in expecting moderators to behave in a way that isn't natural and I don't feel like setting up invisible lines between the moderators and users in terms of behaviour. There's no rule against getting pissed off at people who insist on talking about what they clearly know nothing about. Imagine if someone came here and insisted vehemently that Bump King was the best Beyblade of all time and nothing could beat it. We'd rip them to shreds because we only possess the capacity to be patient for so long.

In this case, although made clear that he was agitating a large number of people with his comments, he continued to post the same points over and over again without any clear evidence that he understands anything about the market for this game.
Artie Wrote:i respect his opinion and all and don't care that he held it, it was the fact he repeated it ad nauseam and was obstinate in that he couldn't understand why people just wanted a simple port

were we out of line? probably a little. was takao completely innocuous? i doubt it

This pretty much sums up what happened.

However, we were out of line and we do know better, so I've lifted Takao's ban. I think we all got carried away in the heat of the argument and comparatively Takao kept his cool, so I do think we owe an apology.

So Takao, I'm sorry I told you to shut up and get out. As the board's administrator I really do know better and if there's anything I can do to make it up to you, please feel free to contact me.

If any of you have anything to say I'm sure he would appreciate a PM. I am closing this topic now.
I did my best to keep my cool and I think I did a pretty good job.

:\
Roan Wrote:I did my best to keep my cool and I think I did a pretty good job.

you did, don't rub it in carp
Bey Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I did my best to keep my cool and I think I did a pretty good job.

you did, don't rub it in carp

LOL

Sorry.